Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 07:43 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The irony here is that except for parents' faith in God, a child with Hawking's condition would have been aborted. Yet here is this brilliant mind that does not even realize that the faith he denies is the reason he is here.
LOL! Sorry, that's hilarious! Do you really think all atheists abort !

That all christians don't!!????

Old 12-01-2010, 08:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
The irony here is that except for parents' faith in God, a child with Hawking's condition would have been aborted. Yet here is this brilliant mind that does not even realize that the faith he denies is the reason he is here.
There is no irony there. Hawking's parents had no thoughts of having an abortion. Maybe your confusing Hawking with Timmy Tebow

Statistically, more religious women have abortions than non religious ones, with Protestants topping the list, and Atheists being at the bottom. More Religious and Devout Young Women Have Abortions despite being educated in religious schools. Now that's ironic

free2think • View topic - Study: Religious Young Women Have More Abortions

Old 12-01-2010, 08:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
If we must deal with the public display of christian mythology...I'd like to see a billboard that gives well deserved recognition to Satan; he was the one who rebelled against a sadistic, tyrannical dictator. He's got my vote!

Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,018,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
If we must deal with the public display of christian mythology...I'd like to see a billboard that gives well deserved recognition to Satan; he was the one who rebelled against a sadistic, tyrannical dictator. He's got my vote!
Satan was a fallen angel. He is suppose to be one day destroyed by being thrown into a lake of fire and sulfur. You hear many Christians say that they have been saved by Christ. My questions are: Can Satan ever be saved? and Why haven't Christians tried to save him? These are the burning questions I have

Last edited by pollyrobin; 12-01-2010 at 08:54 PM..

Old 12-01-2010, 08:44 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,776 times
The Satan seems like a cool dude to hang out with.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:20 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wellyouknow View Post
The Satan seems like a cool dude to hang out with.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:35 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Yes, and Andrew in '92 was on track to roar through my neighborhood, but instead made landfall 35 miles to the south. The difference between you and me, obviously, is that even in '92, I knew that the track shown could vacillate considerably within the 'cone of probability'.
Except being off by 35 miles isn't quite as bad as being off by about three times that.

Not to mention that you were probably HAPPY that they were wrong, because you didn't get the full force of it. In our case, we were the ones that got hit, and most people weren't expecting it (especially since that area hadn't been really affected by a hurricane since Donna in the '60s...before my time, whenever it was).

Old 12-02-2010, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
I'm still waiting for TKRamar to provide a single example of a cause that is not also an effect.

And do you think that Calvinist ran away again?
I had to go to work, that's the cause of my not being here the rest of the night, but having to go to work wasn't an effect: the effect was not being here the rest of the night. Not being here the rest of the night didn't cause anything, it was an effect.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Not yet.
When then? And hurry up, none of us are getting any younger. All you have to do is reproduce what already happens without scientific intervention.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:54 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Quote:
Your spin on Hawking is at the wrong rpm.

He wasn't a "child with a condition." His syptoms didn't appear until he was in his twenties. Lou Gherig's disease usually doesn't develop until young adulthood. And the condition is progressive, meaning that he was able to function fairly well for a few years prior to being wheelchair bound. The way you see him today is in the advanced stages of a debilitating disease.

As a child, he was in much more peril from Hitler's bombs falling on Britain in nightly air raids. Maybe your god saved him from that. Or maybe your god sat back and watched 70 million people slaughtered while Hawking survived by luck and happenstance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies