Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 AM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times

Advertisements

oh please, so you dont like it, then dont look at it.

makes no differenct to me what a freaking billboard has on it, i believe what i believe and no one or no billboard is going to change my mind.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:24 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Where do you get these ridiculous ideas?

This is not a sarcastic question, I am seriously asking where do you get this stuff?
It's the "look at me, I'm a victim" syndrome.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:28 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,971,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
New Atheist Billboard Up in New Jersey - CNN iReport

Arrogant little creeps, this group is, aren't they?
Christians put their billboards up everywhere, why can't Atheists?

Old 12-03-2010, 09:30 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,130,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Which of course, in turn, justifies their "counterattack."

Silly people.

I'm not an atheist and I'll be in church singing hymns on Christmas Eve, no doubt, but I cannot understand why these people get so torqued up over someone else expressing their opinion in the same way they do.

But then again, I'm not a fundamentalist looney.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:31 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,988,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

makes no differenct to me what a freaking billboard has on it, i believe what i believe and no one or no billboard is going to change my mind.

Couldn't agree more. To each their own.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:43 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,943,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
oh my!....

Sorry, i just couldn't help myself.:d
roflmao

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Big problem for atheists is they can't come up with anything to replace Christmas. Try taking it away without something to replace it with. You really think the public would stand for it?

Answers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't think that most Atheists don't want to end a celebration of family and the end of they year.

About the same number of atheists believe that as Christians that think everyone should be forced into midnight mass at gunpoint on 12-25.

What most atheists don't like is huge religious displays put up by their city everywhere, when their city isn't supposed to respect any establishment of religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
A. Big problem with some people is that nobody is trying to take Christmas away from them but they like to be "victims" so they whine about something that isn't even happening.

B. "Christmas" has been changing and evolving...and , at one time, there was NO CHRISTMAS!

C. As an atheist I, and I'm sure many others, enjoyed making a profit off people at Christmas and hope it never ends...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Please cite some evidence that atheists are attempting to eliminate xmas.

The midwinter festival was celebrated for thousands of years before Christians started calling it Christmas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Christmas doesn't belong to everyone, it's a secular holiday that belongs to everyone. Christmas, unlike what you're Pastor will tell you, did originate within Christianity, but rather was a pagan celebration long before the myth of Jesus was concocted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Evidence? Evidence? Asking a Christian with a persecution complex for evidence is a fruitless exercise in futility. It's like asking a tree to dance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Where do you get these ridiculous ideas?

This is not a sarcastic question, I am seriously asking where do you get this stuff?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Why would you think we're trying to replace it? Not only that, we don't need to take it away, it's already a perfectly lovely SECULAR holiday. You christers didn't invent it, and no matter how much you say it's yours and that it's religious...well, ya know, it's just not. So let's untwist your panties, and finally grok that different people celebrate the winter holidays in different ways, and that nobody owns it or has the copyright on how it should be celebrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Message received???

No one is trying to take your precious silly holiday and you have given up NOTHING.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:47 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

I don't necessarily think the billboard is supposed to 'change minds', but rather to let other Atheists, non-believers etc. know that they're not alone. There are plenty of accounts of people who cannot come out and say they're an Atheist because they could lose their jobs, their husbands/wives and be ex-communicated from their families and communities.

I don't think many Christians realize this and think that the Atheists are just doing it to cause a rise, but there's a bit more to it than that.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:51 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Any such test given over the Internet and unsupervised is meaningless due to the Google effect. But that's okay, because the test has already been taken. This thread demonstrates that your understanding of science is minuscule.

Now... when are you going to show us all a single example of a cause that is not also an effect?

I know, that's why it would have to be in person, one on one. The ACT has a science component, as does the ASVAB.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:53 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Big problem for atheists is they can't come up with anything to replace Christmas. Try taking it away without something to replace it with. You really think the public would stand for it?
Consumerism appreciation day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies