Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2010, 02:51 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,070,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
What would be the problem with people trying to impose their beliefs on me? I don't share mine with them, why would I want to hear their views? On anything? On traffic, on snowbirds, on the cost of living? I don't share what I think with people in the real world, they should show me the same courtesy.
No. I'm sorry. You're just too, too TOO intelligent for me to ask such a simple question and expect you to have understood it. People with such native brilliance as yours are compelled by their massive brains to run off and answer questions that were not actually asked because well, the simple questions are just too simple to be worthy of their attention.

But I will try again, this time writing very slowly in the hope that your racing thoroughbred of a cerebrum might accidentally notice in passing the actual question being asked. Maybe if I number the idea you will be compelled to count along.

1) You were trying to accuse atheists of hypocrisy.

2) But you asserted that what the atheists did was the same thing the theists did.

3) Where is there hypocrisy in holding yourself to the same standard you hold others?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Well, you just made a faulty deduction, that's why I said it was beyond your ken.
I made no deduction at all.

Do you not know the difference between deduction and induction?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post

Those are hard words for many people, right along with things like affect/effect, than/then, and infer/imply.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:17 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
No. I'm sorry. You're just too, too TOO intelligent for me to ask such a simple question and expect you to have understood it. People with such native brilliance as yours are compelled by their massive brains to run off and answer questions that were not actually asked because well, the simple questions are just too simple to be worthy of their attention.

But I will try again, this time writing very slowly in the hope that your racing thoroughbred of a cerebrum might accidentally notice in passing the actual question being asked. Maybe if I number the idea you will be compelled to count along.

1) You were trying to accuse atheists of hypocrisy.

2) But you asserted that what the atheists did was the same thing the theists did.

3) Where is there hypocrisy in holding yourself to the same standard you hold others?
The hypocrisy is in crying that others are imposing their beliefs on you, and then responding by doing the exact same thing. If you were just minding your own business--like I do--then you have every right to be offended when someone gives you any sort of unsolicited opinion--on any topic.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:19 PM

Quote:

Do you not remember telling me that I have Asperger's? How did you come up with that diagnosis/deduction, doc, when there is no such thing?

Old 12-03-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
The hypocrisy is in crying that others are imposing their beliefs on you, and then responding by doing the exact same thing.
You must be reading some other thread. Go reread the OP. Pay attention to who is crying about what.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:21 PM

33,523 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
The hypocrisy is in crying that others are imposing their beliefs on you, and then responding by doing the exact same thing. If you were just minding your own business--like I do--then you have every right to be offended when someone gives you any sort of unsolicited opinion--on any topic.
I was right about you.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Do you not remember telling me that I have Asperger's?
No. I remember asking you. You dodged the question with a remarkable defensive response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar
How did you come up with that diagnosis/deduction, doc, when there is no such thing?
Induction based primarily on the evidence of your posts. Your defensiveness regarding the question was merely the piece of data that pushed the hypothesis into full fledged likely explanation territory.

That said... I assure you. There is such a thing as Aspergers.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:25 PM

I don't know how to answer that, because I don't know what you believed to be true.

I've already said, more than once, that it's fine to believe that there is no God. The only thing that is wrong is trying to make ME believe it too, or that I'm somehow wrong for believing as I do. If you believe God does not exist, then that is the right answer for you, but not for everyone else. Everyone else must come to their own individual conclusions about what is right for them.

There is no universal right or wrong.

Old 12-03-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
No. I remember asking you. You dodged the question with a remarkable defensive response.

Induction based primarily on the evidence of your posts. Your defensiveness regarding the question was merely the piece of data that pushed the hypothesis into full fledged likely explanation territory.

That said... I assure you. There is such a thing as Aspergers.
Asperger's is as much a myth as anything else we've discussed here. If you believe in it, that's up to you, but I call BS. You asked, I told you it didn't exist, and then you were sure.

That wouldn't be using deductive reasoning. That isn't even logical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies