Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 10:14 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,955,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This is called Organized Religion...........Not God!!
The point remains that god allows organized religion to act in his name. It's his fault that he allows it if he doesn't like it.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:36 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,076,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
The real question is........ "how come scientists can't make dirt??

A scientist said he could create a man out of nothing. So he challenged God saying he could make a better man than Him. So God reached down into the dirt, breathed on it and made a man. Then he said to the scientist, "Your turn." The scientist stooped over, scooped up some dirt, and God said "Get your own dirt.",
OOOoooh! I guess THAT proves there's a god...is that singular or do you believe there are other gods?

If he can make dirt why can't he show up???? What's he afraid of?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 AM

2,887 posts, read 2,622,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
New Atheist Billboard Up in New Jersey - CNN iReport

Arrogant little creeps, this group is, aren't they?
How come they never pull this crap with other religions, say like Islam, for example? They should have put up something ridiculing the annual hajj pilgrimage to Mecca. Instead they choose to defile the Christmas season. Nice bunch there.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:56 AM

88,056 posts, read 83,895,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
What are atheist decorations anyway? An upside down cross maybe?
Nah, I think that's the Satan worshippers. I had a friend in high school (a long time ago) who was into that. She took me to somebody's house where they had an upside down cross and a goat's head on the wall. Unless that was just their taste in decor.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:58 AM

88,056 posts, read 83,895,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
The point remains that god allows organized religion to act in his name. It's his fault that he allows it if he doesn't like it.
No, it's just that God's choice of punishment is not the same as yours. For example, he has stricken many churchgoers with the inability to carry a tune, yet they must sing multiple hymns every Sunday anyway.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:05 PM

9,879 posts, read 7,983,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobzombie View Post
how come they never pull this crap with other religions, say like islam, for example? They should have put up something ridiculing the annual hajj pilgrimage to mecca. Instead they choose to defile the christmas season. Nice bunch there.
They are more on target in Canada: "Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence," and below it lists "Allah, Bigfoot, UFOs, Homeopathy, Zeus, Psychics, Christ and God."

All of these claims are equally extraordinary and demand critical examination," says the campaign's website.

Read more: Skeptics plan to bring controversial atheist ads to Calgary buses (http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Skeptics+plan+bring+controversial+atheist+Calgary+ buses/3916305/story.html#ixzz17AQD4MxU - broken link)

Old 12-04-2010, 12:39 PM

1,618 posts, read 1,626,003 times
Well, I am Atheist and it does not mean that I am not a "believer" as any other religious person in this planet. Atheism as the word indicates means no God or gods., but as an atheist I am , I do believe in the existence of the Universe and its laws even when still the majority of those laws prevail unknown to our understanding and comprehension. Atheism in the history of the Humankind has brought into our lives not more socio-political and cultural complexity, problems and wars than any other religion workshiped by million of peoples.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:42 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,135,306 times
I'm cheering for all of you...only 83 more posts to 1,000! Keep 'em comin!

Old 12-04-2010, 03:48 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,517,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
You don't have any "rights" on these boards. Since you voluntarily come here to read and post, you have directly solicited opinions and interactions from other people. So tough cookies. Don't like it? Then don't come post here.

P.S. The idea that you mind your own business is laughable. You interject nonsense and off-topic posts into many threads, simply to show us what an antisocial grouch you are.
Like...you don't have a right to tell me that I'm wrong?

You can think it, but you don't have the right to say it?

If we treated others with more respect, the world would be advanced that much further. Peace be to you.

Old 12-04-2010, 03:50 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,707,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JobZombie View Post
How come they never pull this crap with other religions, say like Islam, for example? They should have put up something ridiculing the annual hajj pilgrimage to Mecca. Instead they choose to defile the Christmas season. Nice bunch there.
There doesn't have to be a reason. THey have the right to do it. Although I find it deplorable, it still is their right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies