Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 07:52 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Just like all religious people.
Am I? Be honest. You're angry at other things unrelated. Enough with the generalizations, they're beneath you.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,568,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Am I? Be honest. You're angry at other things unrelated. Enough with the generalizations, they're beneath you.
If there is one thing about me that people cannot deny is that I am blunt and honest.

Do I think that people who are religious need help? No doubt. No one answers when I ask them what is the difference between god and Peter Pan. If I told you I believe Beauty and the Beast and that I KNEW for a fact that it was legit and believed in it, YOU ALL (including the religious people especially-LOL) would think I was nuts.

Question once again...what is the difference between Beauty and the Beast and the Bible/Koran/Vedas or any religious book?

And one other thing. No one can accuse me of being unfair too. I say what needs to be said. I say things about Muslims that people may think is rude but I am not one of those people who bash Christianity and Jews but drool over Muslims. I bash them all equally. And when they do good things, I admit it.

Anger? Please, harborlady.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:12 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,725,110 times
People who want to practice a religion have a right to choose that religion. They also have a right to express this religious preference to everyone else. Others who don't want to hear it, have the right to ignore it.

Same thing with atheists. They have a right to choose not to practice any religion. They have a right to express this preference to everyone else. Others who don't want to hear it, have the right to dismiss it.

This is a great country. In many countries, citizens do not have a choice.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:14 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Like...you don't have a right to tell me that I'm wrong?

You can think it, but you don't have the right to say it?

If we treated others with more respect, the world would be advanced that much further. Peace be to you.
You're complaining about people giving you unsolicited opinions, I'm saying merely by BEING here on these boards, you are soliciting any opinion someone wants to toss your way. So if you have a problem with that, your choice is clear. I respect people that earn it, whether I agree with them or not.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
If there is one thing about me that people cannot deny is that I am blunt and honest.

Do I think that people who are religious need help? No doubt. No one answers when I ask them what is the difference between god and Peter Pan. If I told you I believe Beauty and the Beast and that I KNEW for a fact that it was legit and believed in it, YOU ALL (including the religious people especially-LOL) would think I was nuts.

Question once again...what is the difference between Beauty and the Beast and the Bible/Koran/Vedas or any religious book?

And one other thing. No one can accuse me of being unfair too. I say what needs to be said. I say things about Muslims that people may think is rude but I am not one of those people who bash Christianity and Jews but drool over Muslims. I bash them all equally. And when they do good things, I admit it.

Anger? Please, harborlady.
I've got a track record on this forum and so do you. I'm religious and I've never hidden that fact from anyone. I'm not fearful and don't hold up crosses in your face as if you were a zombie dracula. Run for the hills, get the posse going, the atheists are coming!

Can you discern the difference between myself and others who take liberties they ought not to take? Those others are misrepresenting religion and get national spotlight. The people who do earnestly represent religion in their everyday lives aren't glamorous enough to rate attention.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,499,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's not rude at all...This billboard put up by Christians and aimed (pardon the pun) at atheists is not only rude, it demonstrates typical Christian hatred.

That billboard is sad but it could have been put up for John Lennon. He wrote "imagine there's no religion or heaven too." His assassin did just that and ended up killing him. That billboard is not far from wrong.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,118,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That billboard is sad but it could have been put up for John Lennon. He wrote "imagine there's no religion or heaven too." His assassin did just that and ended up killing him. That billboard is not far from wrong.
Come on...You know as well as I do who it is aimed at.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Mark Chapman, John Lennons assasin, was a born again christian.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:13 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
It's all about hate, these people hate Christians, Muslims, Jews, pretty much anyone who believes in a religion, but especially Christians.
and religious people do plenty of their own pushing their religions on others.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:23 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
Mark Chapman, John Lennons assasin, was a born again christian.
A lot of people were very offended when the Beatles, mainly John spoke of being bigger than Jesus. That didn't go over well, Chapman probably thought he was taking one for the team possibly.

Chapman must have not learned the Ten Commandments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.