Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 06:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
That billboard is not far from wrong.
And that's the problem with people like you. You have some sort of misguided idea that since atheists don't believe in your imaginary deity and hateful religion, that by default we're running around with guns killing people.

Puhleeeze.

Check prison statistics. Look at the percentage of atheists incarcerated who have committed violent crimes and compare it to the percentage of christians incarcerated for violent crimes.

Old 12-05-2010, 07:08 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
We can say the same about Atheists!!
We call that 'Lying For Jesus'.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
I would like to know if atheists have anything to replace Christmas with. You can't make people stop something they think is wonderful and leave a void. That is why this is so laughable. Do atheists really think people will stop Christmas and believing in God?""

I as an atheist think no such thing...Christmas makes some people a lot of money( I include myself in that) so why would I want it to stop?

"""This is why there are only around 2% non-believers in America, if that many. I heard atheists need to put up billboards and whine around Christmas because they feel alone this time of year.""

My main goal between Dec 15 and January 2nd IS to be alone....

"" I'm sorry they feel alone but I can't help what they think or chose to do, none of us can.

Even Scrooge had to change and come in out of the cold to the welcoming arms of family and the warmth of the fire.
Very sad that some only have December 25th to have a warm relationship with their family... I feel badly for you.
I, though, as an atheist, have a warm loving relationship all YEAR LONG with my family

Quote:
So why throw cold water on believers in a God who come together at Christmas time? We may not all believe the same way but we all believe in a God. Those who do not can ignore Christmas so why whine about it?
Like christians whine about billboards and HOLIDAY greetings??? Like that?

Nevermind, you never can answer direct questions.

Old 12-05-2010, 09:18 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Atheists help humans progress a little. Religious people want to keep everything from progress.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:11 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
^actually that's not true. atheists rarely do. they should though and be more vocal.
Is this because your one and you don't pay attention to their snide remarks. Believe me, I hear some very strange comments from Atheist when they are not called for. They speak their mine like all others.

Old 12-05-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
We call that 'Lying For Jesus'.
Does this give you better creditability that you do it without Jesus!!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:29 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
If I had the money I'd contract many billboards from coast to coast with the message:
Do Not Trust The Religious!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
If I had the money I'd contract many billboards from coast to coast with the message:
Do Not Trust The Religious!
Hey, I don't blame you it's not about being religious, this is excatly what Jesus accused the Pharisees of. It's about your Relationship with God. Paul told Christians that if there faith was not excepted to walk away. The Christians that push their faith on others, believe this is how they get to Heaven. They are poorly misguided.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:01 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
WRONG! Wrong on so many levels. Yes people do have the "right," it's called the 1st Amendment. Sorry.

And that's why we have so much conflict in the world. Because people are expressing their views, and other people are responding accordingly.

Remember Thumper? "If you can't say something nice, don't say nothing."

Old 12-05-2010, 01:36 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
WRONG! Wrong on so many levels. Yes people do have the "right," it's called the 1st Amendment. Sorry.
It would be helpful for you to realize that what tkram is referencing is the right to not be scolded, chastized, harassed, rebuked etc because he preferred strawberry ice cream over chocolate. Your right to free speech ends where mine begins. Unless something we are doing as individuals or as a group harms others, your opinion of others is, and should remain, materially irrelevant. Judge for yourself what is right and lead by example with healthier choices. That is the full embrace of freedom and adulthood. Rights are responsibilities, not freebie entitlements handed on a silver plate.

There are choices we make in life as individuals that truly are subjective and have no business being determined by group vote. People have confused in their minds boundaries between what is their responsibility, what is their role in a group effort, and what should be left for a higher power. Both extremes are guilty. No civilization can stand unless we respect the right for all to exist. Animate yourselves believing this is the United Supremists of America competing for dominance, you destroy our nation.

This is the grievance of moderates fed up being held hostage by ignorant tribalism cutting the baby in half. America itself is becoming collateral damage in a war of hatfield mccoy stupidity. Snap out of this. Much love to georgia from a native ny'r who took root in wv. We are one family. Enough with your destructive rivalry. You're protecting all the wrong things for all the wrong reasons at the expense of all worthy of defense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies