U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:59 AM

3,566 posts, read 4,896,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Not that he's backing away from them, even as the campaign for Energy and Commerce chair becomes one of the most bitterly contested among Republicans.

"I do believe in the Bible as the final word of God," Shimkus told Politico after announcing his candidacy. "And I do believe that God said the Earth would not be destroyed by a flood."

Shimkus notes that he believes the climate is changing, and toward the warmer side. But he questions whether spending money to mitigate its effects is wise, especially given God's guarantee that floods would not destroy the earth before Jesus returns.

John Shimkus cites Genesis on climate change - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Let's see, fake outrage on several threads and none of them address the real reason for the myth busters. The above is why.

Please note the Epic of Gilgamesh is where the flood story originates, although many cultures have a flood story. This is the one that was copied simply because of location.
Epic of Gilgamesh Sumerian Flood Myth: HistoryWiz Primary Source: Ancient Mesopotamia

In no way, shape or form should this person have anything to do with any Energy chair.

Myth busting should remain a primary objective.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2010, 08:01 AM

5,866 posts, read 4,569,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
John Shimkus cites Genesis on climate change - Darren Samuelsohn - POLITICO.com

Let's see, fake outrage on several threads and none of them address the real reason for the myth busters. The above is why.

Please note the Epic of Gilgamesh is where the flood story originates, although many cultures have a flood story. This is the one that was copied simply because of location.
Epic of Gilgamesh Sumerian Flood Myth: HistoryWiz Primary Source: Ancient Mesopotamia

In no way, shape or form should this person have anything to do with any Energy chair.

Myth busting should remain a primary objective.
This is EXACTLY why I get so fired up and why I am so vocally anti-religious. I don't care what silly myths people believe privately but when they take these idiotic beliefs and try to make them public policy we have a big problem.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:16 AM

14,917 posts, read 12,186,246 times
This idiot is in congress?

Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 AM

I don't know too many people that care what someone believes personally. I think the fake outrage is busy work for the people.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:23 AM

John Shimkus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-29-2010, 08:24 AM

4,037 posts, read 2,474,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
This is EXACTLY why I get so fired up and why I am so vocally anti-religious. I don't care what silly myths people believe privately but when they take these idiotic beliefs and try to make them public policy we have a big problem.
I absolutely agree!....this is just outrageous & should not be allowed.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:00 AM

40,051 posts, read 32,398,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
This idiot is in congress?
Not exactly a recommendation for the American voter, is it?

Old 11-29-2010, 09:06 AM

38,581 posts, read 20,948,156 times
Climate change disciples say the darndest things.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:17 AM

43,856 posts, read 47,285,584 times
I don't expect anyone else to live by my personal religious beliefs....but the end time major global warming the Bible is referring to has nothing to do with the previous flood and won't be stopped with any particular energy policy.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:21 AM

It has not one place in US policies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies