U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 07:48 PM

5,866 posts, read 4,583,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by edub View Post
Seems the soldier who leaked thousands of classified documents, Bradly Manning, was a disgruntled Homosexual. How could we possibly have known that a gay soldier might get involved with some gay drama, fly off the handle emotionally and do something stupid?

After all, that would require two eyes, two ears and a brain.

Ya, I know his being gay is just a big coincidence and it could just as easily have been a straight guy. You have to have an IQ under room temperature to believe that one.

http://redcounty.com/content/wikileaks-bradley-manning-and-gay-agenda
Rate this post positively

Old 11-29-2010, 07:49 PM

14,076 posts, read 19,134,441 times
I have to admit this is about the dumbest thread I've seen yet, on a site laden with dumb threads.

Congratulations! You've established a new bottom for us all to aim at!

Old 11-29-2010, 07:54 PM

6,915 posts, read 13,528,316 times
Quote:
I just thought I'd throw a little heresy in the mix and see what happens.

But come on though. The guy is gay, he broke up with his gay lover and became disgruntled with the military for reasons no doubt having to do with his gayness. I have nothing against Gays, but I am familiar with their behavior and based on my observations, stuff like this should be expected. Gay guys get emotional and bent out of shape in ways that straight guys don't and they do things like this guy did.

It isn't about hate, it's just about having the power of observation.

Based on my observations, you don't know too many gays. There are TONS of gays that don't fit your stereotype and an equal amount that "act straight" because they don't look or think like what you just described. Many of these people get married and nobody knows other than them.

It's obvious that you have a bias in this thread and want to make this guy reflect on the other bajillion closeted soldiers in the army. This is NO DIFFERENT than making Ted Bundy reflect on straight white men.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:04 PM

2,280 posts, read 4,446,348 times
Quote:
I just thought I'd throw a little heresy in the mix and see what happens.

But come on though. The guy is gay, he broke up with his gay lover and became disgruntled with the military for reasons no doubt having to do with his gayness. I have nothing against Gays, but I am familiar with their behavior and based on my observations, stuff like this should be expected. Gay guys get emotional and bent out of shape in ways that straight guys don't and they do things like this guy did.

It isn't about hate, it's just about having the power of observation.
You're hilarious.

Based on your observations?

What sort of observations? The ones at the gay zoo? Or the ones portrayed on Will and Grace? Or maybe you went to a gay bar and creeped up on them? Wait a sec..... maybe you were curious and decided to be gay for a day?

You seem to be getting bent out of shape and irrationally emotional over his sexual orientation that has nothing to do with the crime....... traits you attribute to gays. So.... what does that suggest about you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.