Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 03:37 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin blames Obama administration for WikiLeaks, suggests she would have stopped the leak

U can't stop Mama Grizzle.

Napoleon Dynamite: You know, like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills... Girls only want boyfriends who have great skills.

Napoleon Dynamite (2004) - Memorable quotes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 05:56 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
I get your point, but while I don't think that she specifically is the solution or would do something unique to stop the leaks, this stuff has to stop, and the Obama administration has not done enough. This has happened twice since he took office. In general, the problem is an unwillingness to prosecute. These scumbags need to be held accountable for the harm they cause as they persue their wacko ideology. The pertinent quote for me is the following:

"In September, the Congressional Research Service released a report concluding that, "leaks of classified information to the press have only rarely been punished as crimes, and we are aware of no case in which a publisher of information obtained through unauthorized disclosure by a government employee has been prosecuted for publishing it.""

Old 11-30-2010, 05:58 AM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
Cool, another thread to keep Palin relevant

Old 11-30-2010, 06:07 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Cool, another thread to keep Palin relevant
"If I yell loud enough, people will pay attention to what I say. It doesn't matter what I'm saying"

- the voice in Mrs. Palins head

Old 11-30-2010, 06:08 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
We need to conduct our government in a manner that does not require secrecy. Secrecy is mostly used to protect the individuals that screwed things up. Not to enhance security.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:18 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,479,293 times
Sarah Palin's myth is going to be greater than Ronald Reagan's. She's going to stop nuclear bombs with a good old fashion back-handed b@tch-slap. She will be able to suppress countries and their regimes with her voice/tone alone. She will do many extraordinary things....

Sarah Palin in 2012!

Let the Destruction commence.....

Old 11-30-2010, 06:37 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
The government opened many communications between departments so different arms of the government would know possible threats... a by product of 9/11. a private apparently accessed a great deal of info and burned it to a CD which he removed and that was turned over to Wiki. On his port I suspect he thought some of the war crimes being committed should be brought to the light of day. unfortunately the full weight of the government has come down on this whistle blower.

Sara Palin is an idiot and with every tweet she proves this. She has no clue about reality, and certainly no concept of international law. To say the current administration has done nothing is far from the truth. Do you think the charges Sweden is pointing at the Wiki founder came from other than the US influence? hardly.

So now we have a situation where the government is being exposed for the lies they perpetrate and indecencies exposed. Sadly they rally support by stiring up the fear of national security when it is nothing more than dubious people continuing dubious acts. and idiots standing by as we allow them to continue. Face it the government is afraid they have been caught. Don't get mislead by the spin they put on it. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck.....

Old 11-30-2010, 06:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
IMHO somebosy should start a corporate Wikileaks site. I would really appreciate knowing what the Corporations have planned for us. Besides the normal greed driven crappy products, excess pollution and overseas manufacture that is.

Old 11-30-2010, 09:11 AM

1,173 posts, read 1,534,073 times
Why oh why is Mrs. Palin still giving her two cents? Or, better yet, why are people still listening? I just don't get it... If I style a beehive on my head and speak as if I were raised by back woods wolves, will I be famous too??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies