Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2010, 06:28 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,726,900 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
I am tired of all the uptight, miserable, liberal, yankees having southern envy and wishing they lived here and had a heritage in the South so they therefore try to demean us and make us look bad. My neighbor moved here from Boston and she said the North is full of the rudest, most unhappy, nasty people in the world. Not my words....hers - and she was born and raised there.

Get over your envy and learn to enjoy your (obviously) miserable yankee life. Leave us and our traditions alone!
I don't have southern envy. I don't want to be southern.

I'm tired of all the rednecks thinking they are owed the world and all us northerners do is talk smack about them.

So one person said they don't like Boston and it is filled with rude people.

Well I know plenty of former southerners who say the south is filled with haters and bigots and white trash. Doesn't mean everyone is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2010, 06:30 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chitown85 View Post
I don't have southern envy. I don't want to be southern.

I'm tired of all the rednecks thinking they are owed the world and all us northerners do is talk smack about them.

So one person said they don't like Boston and it is filled with rude people.

Well I know plenty of former southerners who say the south is filled with haters and bigots and white trash. Doesn't mean everyone is.

Whatever....tell it to someone who believes the bs. Just look at all the southern bashing on this thread. I am over it. Get a life and stop wishing for a southern one!

Old 11-30-2010, 06:34 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
I am tired of all the uptight, miserable, liberal, yankees having southern envy and wishing they lived here and had a heritage in the South so they therefore try to demean us and make us look bad. My neighbor moved here from Boston and she said the North is full of the rudest, most unhappy, nasty people in the world. Not my words....hers - and she was born and raised there.

Get over your envy and learn to enjoy your (obviously) miserable yankee life. Leave us and our traditions alone!
Which traditions? Slavery, lynching, Jim Crow, terrorism, etc? Or do you just mean that well known love of SEC football and eating deep fried foods?

Don't flatter yourself, us Yanks aint thinking about the south near as much as you guys are obsessed with how much you hate us. Everything below the Dixon line is an afterthought to us.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:35 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
I am tired of all the uptight, miserable, liberal, yankees having southern envy and wishing they lived here and had a heritage in the South so they therefore try to demean us and make us look bad.
Being a son of the south myself, I can more than attest that your southern "heritage" does all the demeaning and making you look bad that is necessary.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:41 PM

184 posts, read 142,154 times
Hey if you southerners secede, will you let black people, hispanics and other minorities live in your newly formed nation?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:42 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,866,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Which traditions? Slavery, lynching, Jim Crow, terrorism, etc? Or do you just mean that well known love of SEC football and eating deep fried foods?

Don't flatter yourself, us Yanks aint thinking about the south near as much as you guys are obsessed with how much you hate us. Everything below the Dixon line is an afterthought to us.
Sure wish y'all would stay up where you belong then...because it seems northerners are moving south in way more numbers than anyone is moving north...

Of course what reason is there to want to move north?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:43 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Really???? Then tell your 'fellow yanks' to STOP moving here! I promise southerners do not need you here.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:46 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
From all the posts I have seen by you on this site, you would be an embarrasment to the south
Well when I was growing up I was always considered an uppity Negro (to be polite), so being an embarrassment to your south is certainly no disgrace from my perspective.

Old 11-30-2010, 06:50 PM

184 posts, read 142,154 times
Quote:
Really???? Then tell your 'fellow yanks' to STOP moving here! I promise southerners do not need you here.
Why don't you tell the yanks moving there to go back north?

Old 11-30-2010, 06:53 PM

1,728 posts, read 4,726,900 times
Yanks are moving south because it afford a whole new business opportunity. The South is traditionally last in everything except alcoholism. The South has not been cultivated yet for business. Think about the booms.

East Coast, then Midwest, then West Coast, then Southwest, now the Southeast (except Florida).

The South is the last man standing, representing a steadfast effort against progress. Finally, the South is changing. And all of you southerners, "the times they are a changin."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies