Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:28 AM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,249 times

Advertisements

I believe there are many who are pro-abortion that view abortion as easy as pulling a tooth, given that so many view their baby as just a lump of cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:30 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,467,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
Let's see...... Dr Tiller aborted a baby right before term because the "mother" wanted to go to a concert, another because it may ruin her figure, another because she said it gave her a headache, another because the parents might get mad.
Would you like to submit or link to the actual case-files for these? Perhaps it would be better if a somewhat broader spectrum of analysis than just <citigirl>'s say-so were brought to bear in the matter of whether these procedures a) occurred, b) were right before term, or c) were for anything remotely resembling the reasons claimed.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
I believe there are many who are pro-abortion that view abortion as easy as pulling a tooth, given that so many view their baby as just a lump of cells.

You're free to believe whatever you like, fact or fantasy. You're not free to impose those beliefs on others.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,621,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Quite so. There are no good or easy ways out of an unwanted pregnancy once one is trapped in that snare. And anyone who has ever been around any number of women caught in that bind will understand quite well that the matter of what-to-do-now is treated with the highest levels of seriousness and careful consideration. But you can count on a zombie or two to trot out Prom Dress Girl or some like example of flippant disregard for the gravity of the situation as if that were the norm rather than an entirely bogus and invented scenario. I sometimes wonder where these people get the gall to be so grossly insulting of the capacities of women, or if they even realize the nature of the assumptions that such arguments make....
Saganista, I am so glad there are plenty of people like you and many more who have the common sense, decency and compassion to realise that women do not have abortions just because they can. If that was the case women would not have used back street abortionists for centuries, using knitting needles or metal wire to get rid of an unwanted pregnancy , damaging their bodies, their minds and quite often risking their lives too. This is a very emotive issue and sadly I don't see how a logical discussion is even possible !

Old 07-12-2007, 08:37 AM

There was a report on Tiller on TV and had his files on some of the reason given, also one of the women that got a late term abortion described her experience.....too gruesome to mention here.

"specializing in late abortion care for fetal anomaly and late abortion care elective"

elective...........no risk to the woman............elective and late term viable babies.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You're free to believe whatever you like, fact or fantasy. You're not free to impose those beliefs on others.
Hear, hear, unless of course the religious zealots take over power and then all your human rights will go .

I am surprised Bush hasn't banned abortion altogether already. He seems to "brandish" god quite a lot for the President of a Nation where religion is supposed to be separate from the State. Don't get too cocky Burdell, it might still happen... The "god army" might just be on the march in the US... Secular people should feel a little bit threatened I reckon ! I know some of the stuff on the religion forum is quite scary for a wimpy secular European like myself !

Old 07-12-2007, 08:44 AM

Quote:
There was a report on Tiller on TV and had his files on some of the reason given, also one of the women that got a late term abortion described her experience.....too gruesome to mention here.

Being on TV doesn't make something true or untrue.

There are bad doctors just as there are bad _______________(fill in the blank)

There's only one Key Issue with abortion.

You either believe a fertilized egg is a human being or you don't.

If you do you won't believe in abortion.

If you don't it becomes a matter of what standards are set.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:47 AM

[quote=Mooseketeer;1053231]Hear, hear, unless of course the religious zealots take over power and then all your human rights will go .

[/ QUOTE]

When that happens I'll predict Washington DC will begin to resemble the Baghdad of today.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:54 AM

I believe a full term baby is well past the stage of a fertilized egg.

Old 07-12-2007, 09:01 AM

[quote=burdell;1053284]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
Hear, hear, unless of course the religious zealots take over power and then all your human rights will go .

[/ QUOTE]

When that happens I'll predict Washington DC will begin to resemble the Baghdad of today.
Actually I was thinking more of Afghanistan under the Taliban... There seems to be quite a lot of similarities between Christian fundamentalists and Muslim fundamentalists . I can see my red dot count going up now for saying this though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies