Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 01:54 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,053,753 times

Advertisements

Seeing that most of the people in positions of power are Baby Boomers, they aren't doing such a good job.

With Baby Boomers in power, there will continue to be discrimination, misandry, these stupid laws regarding guns and protection, and more division (although I'm in favor of certain types of segregation).

So what do you think? Would society and America be in better shape if Gen Xers or Yers were in positions of power?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 02:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
Seeing that most of the people in positions of power are Baby Boomers, they aren't doing such a good job.

With Baby Boomers in power, there will continue to be discrimination, misandry, these stupid laws regarding guns and protection, and more division (although I'm in favor of certain types of segregation).

So what do you think? Would society and America be in better shape if Gen Xers or Yers were in positions of power?
H-e-l-l NO. It would be FAR worse under them. Xers and Yers are the product of Boomer education and ideals no way that anything would be better.

Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
H-e-l-l NO. It would be FAR worse under them. Xers and Yers are the product of Boomer education and ideals no way that anything would be better.
They're afterbirth.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:05 AM

1,251 posts, read 2,576,825 times
Quote:

No not yet give em a few years in the real world and let the brainwashing from Liberalism fade

Old 12-01-2010, 03:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchuckie View Post
No not yet give em a few years in the real world and let the brainwashing from Liberalism fade
They didn't experience what the boomers did.

Theirs was all second hand, and a huge misinterpretation.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:19 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Gen-X'ers aren't that young anymore; they are getting into their 40's. However, with longer lifespans and longer career lengths, they may have to wait a while longer before coming into any sort of real power. The average age of the US Senate is now something like 63, so, that wait may be quite a long one.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:26 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
They're afterbirth.
With attitudes like these, no wonder most young people are unhappy with their parents.

Have a little faith in your children. My father may not agree with everything I stand for politically, and I may think he is a blooming idiot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't understand that I have educated myself on the issues, and I made up my own mind.

We have two parties for a reason, or at least we did. There are deep divides in this country on how people think it should be run. Both sides have merit on paper, and we learn through trial and error. But when you start saying things like these about your children, and those of the next generation, well, you aren't putting much faith in this country. America was, is, and can be great when you have faith in the youth of this country. You may not see it, but most Gen x'ers and y'ers work hard, understand whats going on, and try everyday to be the best citizens they can be.

Just because you disagree with some of their positions, does not make us afterbirth.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:32 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:

What's stopping you from running for public office?

Old 12-01-2010, 03:37 AM

5,758 posts, read 11,631,619 times
Quote:
What's stopping you from running for public office?
Well that's another thing - running a simple campaign for a US House seat that includes a contested primary can cost several million dollars, or even tens of millions if you are running a contested election in a major media market.

Not that many younger folks have that kind of cash to toss around, nor "connections" that could help raise it.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
With attitudes like these, no wonder most young people are unhappy with their parents.

Have a little faith in your children. My father may not agree with everything I stand for politically, and I may think he is a blooming idiot, but that doesn't mean he doesn't understand that I have educated myself on the issues, and I made up my own mind.

We have two parties for a reason, or at least we did. There are deep divides in this country on how people think it should be run. Both sides have merit on paper, and we learn through trial and error. But when you start saying things like these about your children, and those of the next generation, well, you aren't putting much faith in this country. America was, is, and can be great when you have faith in the youth of this country. You may not see it, but most Gen x'ers and y'ers work hard, understand whats going on, and try everyday to be the best citizens they can be.

Just because you disagree with some of their positions, does not make us afterbirth.
Their perceptions form their position.

Their perceptions form from, and comply with, their peers, pitting them in a collectivist consensus of the "whole".

Buncha FKN blind idiots, who think they "understand".

They value the demise of creativity, and gobble up any garbage presented to them that is, "new".

They came of age in the 70's, which was a period of total mental stagflation.

A burned out and beat down era.

They got tacky brains entirely dependent on the nearest collectivist tribalism.

This applies to left and right X-ers.

There was no second act to the 60's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLhnWIm2YPg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies