Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Kind of like the left does when a democrat is in office.

The election of 2008 has provided an excellent example of just how gullible some Americans were and are. Imagine, mesmerized and bamboozled by a couple of catchy phrases and slogans.
Yeah, that's the funny part. You would apply gullible chumps only to those who voted for Obama. If your perspectives were not so extremely narrowed you might be able so get a bigger picture. Maybe that's one thing that makes Americans such gullible chumps, the ones who didn't vote for Obama's catchy phrases and slogans believe themselves to be hard to fool. That's good for a laugh. WMDs, anyone?

Last edited by Visvaldis; 12-01-2010 at 06:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 06:17 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Yeah, that's the funny part. You would apply gullible chumps only to those who voted for Obama. If your perspectives were so extremely narrowed you might be able so get a bigger picture. Maybe that's one thing that makes Americans such gullible chumps, the ones who didn't vote for Obama's catchy phrases and slogans believe themselves to be hard to fool. That's good for a laugh. WMDs, anyone?
I guess the whole world was a gullible chump, because everyone thought he possessed WMDs...everyone.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yet Obama is still hovering around 47% approval, not quite where RWNJs would like him to be.
You're right I don't want you to bother posting links.
You just keep clinging to that number. The presidential campaign hasn't even started yet, but you can be sure just as he was excoriated in the midterms, just as the labels stuck and the stories flew, they will again.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
You just keep clinging to that number. The presidential campaign hasn't even started yet, but you can be sure just as he was excoriated in the midterms, just as the labels stuck and the stories flew, they will again.
Yeah yeah yeah, I remember you saying he would NEVER get elected in 2008....so much
for your predictions...

Old 12-01-2010, 06:24 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
I guess the whole world was a gullible chump, because everyone thought he possessed WMDs...everyone.
If you ever tuned in to anything but the hard core conservative press you might discover something. But that would take courage. Tony Blair is not everyone.
I said specifically that Americans (whether they voted for Obama or against) are gullible chumps.
I wonder if Bush or Cheney could use another floor mop. LOL.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:34 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Yet Obama is still hovering around 47% approval, not quite where RWNJs would like him to be.
You're right I don't want you to bother posting links.

47% means one term and possibly a strong primary challege.

Old 12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
47% means one term and possibly a strong primary challege.
He was at 41% just a couple of weeks ago....

Old 12-01-2010, 06:38 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
If the economy improves, Obama wins and the Senate and House stay under the same control. If the economy worsens, Obama loses and the house and Senate go back to the Dems.

And I for one never believed for a moment that some 3rd world country run by an arrogant fool had WMD's. Give me a break.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
He was at 41% just a couple of weeks ago....
RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

He's at 46% approval/ 49% disapproval average.

Or, we could take the USAToday/Gallup where he's at 42%.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:52 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slambango View Post
I like the idea of smaller govt, less global military dictator, lower taxes. Sounds good.

Never heard Palin mention it. She talks cutting spending & taxes without any specifics, so that just means more borrowing from the Fed. The real solutions we need will be painful, and no politician wants to be the one to force the USA to take that sour tasting, painful medicine.

... So who decides what the TP stands for? Is it even a party? All Palin has done is cost republicans the Senate. She's a hardcore religious nutjob, and she beats the drum for War with Iran. Can you imagine what a disaster that would be?? The woman is an all-out, raving lunatic. I'd vote for P. Diddy before I'd vote for Palin.

Accoding to liberals, Reagan starting WW3 was a near certainty in 1984, yet we're all still here. Iran has decided to oppress its citizens, support international terrorists and develop nuclear weapons. They cannot be reasoned with nor sanctioned in such a way as to prevent them from following through with their plans to become a nuclear terrorists state or to supply those weapons to terrorists.

As for Palin advocating specific cuts, just because you are unaware of something doesn't mean it isn't true. It just means you are unaware of it.

"So who decides what the TP stands for? Is it even a party?"

Why would someone need to decide for what the Tea Party Movement stands?

"She's a hardcore religious nutjob, and she beats the drum for War with Iran. Can you imagine what a disaster that would be??"

Can you imagine what a disaster a nuclear device in the hands of Islamic suicide bombers would be? It isn't a matter of "if" as much as it it is "when". We know we cannot keep nuclear weapons out of the hands of terrorist forever and we know we cannot prevent such a device from entering the US. Preemption is our only hope of pushing the date back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies