Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2010, 09:53 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times

Advertisements

Why do we allow TSA to act the way they do with out reason or any sign of logic?

Mother Kept In “Glass Cage” For Almost An Hour By TSA For Resisting Over Breast Milk

I don't think a mother should expose her breast milk to radiation, I wouldn't want that fed to my child. I'm surprised they didn't inspect to see if she was really lactating...

and what recourse does she have? what do any of us have. even if we are calm we will be threatened with arrest. wow it is getting out of hand. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 01:49 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Why do we allow TSA to act the way they do with out reason or any sign of logic?

Mother Kept In “Glass Cage” For Almost An Hour By TSA For Resisting Over Breast Milk

I don't think a mother should expose her breast milk to radiation, I wouldn't want that fed to my child. I'm surprised they didn't inspect to see if she was really lactating...

and what recourse does she have? what do any of us have. even if we are calm we will be threatened with arrest. wow it is getting out of hand. IMO
It was interesting that the pd officers called assured her she would not be harmed by the TSA since they wouldn't let them. They are sick of the situation since they get called into to deal with the power trips. And the airline made sure she got on another plane and even drove here there. And all over something which is clearly written in their own rules. Of course now the person who took the cell phone video could be arrested. Its not illegal to video tape them at work.

I don't know that she has a recoruse except to file a complaint (again) and hope she doesn't have to fly. Sad that perhaps the only way to push is by not flying, not supporting the industry which does not support this but was told to go away.

We need to clean house. Unfortunately the people who are in charge of that are the ones who need to be cleaned.

Old 12-02-2010, 02:58 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
I hope these agents and the manager were fired. If they're this incompetent why debate?

I'm not surprised the majority of harassment & humiliation came from other women. Something really sick about that, isn't it? How america regards motherhood. Even in the military they took the attitude that pregnancy was a disease. I hope they changed their minds about that. The policy stunk.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:14 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,530,289 times
I've got a prediction: They'll back off this whole pat down thing before it's over. They'll come up with something less intrusive or adopt some kind of policy which pretty much exempts anyone and claim they're still protecting us, but these scanners and pat downs will go away.

The People don't like it and The People still call the shots.

Old 12-02-2010, 03:23 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,035,849 times
I've got a pretty simple answer. Those, few, that choose not to be scanned cannot fly.

They need to take bus, train, taxi, rail, train, walk, etc.

Old 12-02-2010, 06:37 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,809,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
I've got a pretty simple answer. Those, few, that choose not to be scanned cannot fly.

They'll be Groping,I mean scanning there too before to long.

Quote:
If Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano has her way, the enhanced security procedures just starting to make their way into American airports will be showing up elsewhere in the near future:
The next step in tightened security could be on U.S. public transportation, trains and boats.

Body Scanners (and Groping?) Coming To A Train Station Near You?

Old 12-02-2010, 12:04 PM

14,539 posts, read 21,259,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post

What of those whose job requries it? Part of the job requirement is NOT that you must submit to abuse by overinflted egos posing as security. And what of those who will be groped after because the scan shows something they can't help. When did keeping your health subject you to be molested in public by a secutity goon?

And what about if this is "managed" as they are trying and they get it past the public and it goes to trains, and busses and other transportation sources. Should I take my chance on a stranger from Craigslist then?

This is NOT ABOUT FLYING. It is about our RIGHTS. It is about NOT living in a police state and NOT having to run a gauntlet reminisnt of a WW2 movie to take a trip. Taking off shoes was innocuous but annoying. The metal detector was comprehensibe. The wand did not offend too much. THIS does to enough people it has become a "problem". We have reached our line in the sand when they start making you a domestic terrorist suspect if you complain or ban (with arrest) the taping of "problems" with the TSA at a site (too many embarresing YOUTube vids).

What of the need for security? Of course we need it but we need smart security. Don't abuse 3 year olds and grandmothers and people in wheelchairs and cancer survivors. Find the likely canditates with an intelligent approach. Fire the tsa goons and let them dream on about the power trip and hire REAL security who is TRAINED to spot those who need to be watched. What do you think stores to to control shoplifting, frisk every customer that leaves the store or have people who know what to look for to find the shoplifters? And pay attention to cargo and mail. The toner cartridges were mailed. No kind of airport security would find them that we have today.

And the sheep need to wake up and stop the litany that its "nothing" because to many people it is, even if they don't say it. And stop saying then don't fly. Not about that. And stop buying the fear card. Remember 1984, about a repressive state where freedom had been squeezed out of existance, was written in 1948 with the numbers switched to indicate the future. But it was written as a warning that is supposed to make you think.

Check out the movie with Richard Burton, made and released in 1984. When I saw that it was a blusterly December day in downtown LA, nobody on the street, leaves everywhere and it was very cold. We went to get some money out of an atm for lunch and as I was waiting the chilling thought occured that it felt too much like the movie and that in addition to the camera which took our picture from the atm, the whole area had other buildings and atm's and cameras. We were creeping then. We've crept a lot further since.

When it it time to stop?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies