Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does it make sense to pay people 2 years in benefits NOT to work?
Right now yes.

People are struggling to find work right now. Can you tell me how many added jobs did the Tax breaks that are already in place for the Super Wealthy help with our current situation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 06:58 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,921 times
That would be the response you get when you tell a joke.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:09 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
That would be the response you get when you tell a joke.
Except for the fact that another 500,000 americans not working isnt funny!!!

The only thing funny is liberals though the Obama plan would have opposite results from the past when the EXACT same things been tried

Old 12-02-2010, 07:11 AM

506 posts, read 1,313,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Looking at a more complete picture may help. But, for those who wish to remain lost in what is happening, don't bother, it may be offensive to you. News Headlines (http://www.cnbc.com/id/40470189 - broken link)
From your link, the important part was this line :

but a drop in the four-week moving average to a fresh two-year low suggested the labor market was on the cusp of solid job gains.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Except for the fact that another 500,000 americans not working isnt funny!!!

The only thing funny is liberals though the Obama plan would have opposite results from the past when the EXACT same things been tried

Where did I indicate or even commented that the unemployed is funny? Where did I as a liberal assume Obama's plan would have an opposit effect? We don't even know what effect or what the jobless numbers would have been IF he didn't take the steps he took, no one knows. I guess your reading subliminal messages again.
A Politician is a Politician no matter what their party affiliation. To believe either side is working in the best interest of the working class that voted them in to represent is foolish thinking.

By the way, I don't recall seeing posts from anyone identified as a liberal giving the thumbs up or posting good news when the jobless claims rise. Now that may change after January, but the last 18 months, Nope, that would be the same poster in this thread the applaud the thought of millions being out of work.

Last edited by blackandproud; 12-02-2010 at 07:30 AM..

Old 12-02-2010, 08:35 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
Let me guess...the rise was UNEXPECTED.

Old 12-02-2010, 08:48 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Where did I indicate or even commented that the unemployed is funny?
You sure did do a lot of non contributing to the thread with all of that rolling around laughing. Considering you were laughing, the thread is about the jobless, its not a far leap to assume you were laughing about the unemployed. Sorry, you dont want people to make these charges, then why dont you discuss the issues like an adult?
Quote:
Where did I as a liberal assume Obama's plan would have an opposit effect?
So you agree that Obamas plan not only has been a failure but was a failure from the start and doomed to fail?
Quote:
We don't even know what effect or what the jobless numbers would have been IF he didn't take the steps he took, no one knows. I guess your reading subliminal messages again.
On the contrary we do. History has shown us time and time again that increasing federal spending does not cut unemployment rates. This same thing was tried for example in the 1940's, which resulted in a decade of 10+% unemployment..
Quote:
A Politician is a Politician no matter what their party affiliation. To believe either side is working in the best interest of the working class that voted them in to represent is foolish thinking.
Here we agree, but then again, you didnt discuss the responses like an adult, rolling around laughing icon when someone says a fact leads others to believe you believe they are wrong..
Quote:
By the way, I don't recall seeing posts from anyone identified as a liberal giving the thumbs up or posting good news when the jobless claims rise. Now that may change after January, but the last 18 months, Nope, that would be the same poster in this thread the applaud the thought of millions being out of work.
They arent applauding those out of work, they are applauding the fact that many of us said this wouldnt work and you liberals told us we didnt know wtf we were talking about. Again, history has shown this doesnt work time and time again.. All you guys did was waste nearly $1T.. Where are liberals moaning and groaning about how much these failed policies have added to the national debt?

Old 12-02-2010, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You sure did do a lot of non contributing to the thread with all of that rolling around laughing. Considering you were laughing, the thread is about the jobless, its not a far leap to assume you were laughing about the unemployed. Sorry, you dont want people to make these charges, then why dont you discuss the issues like an adult?

Nice spin and nice try. My laughter for your inability to comprehend was to you favorite poster pie in the sky pipe dream. But again good try with YOUR attempt to discuss as an adult.

So you agree that Obamas plan not only has been a failure but was a failure from the start and doomed to fail?
Subliminal reading again....My goodness is this the way you attempt at adult discussions. Go back and read my post again. We do not know what the numbers would have been without the stimulas, no one does. Still taking those leaps at adult discussion I see, using subliminal messages.

On the contrary we do. History has shown us time and time again that increasing federal spending does not cut unemployment rates. This same thing was tried for example in the 1940's, which resulted in a decade of 10+% unemployment..

Oh really, there was a factual study performed by someone anyone that stated by doing nothing at all the economy would have turned around? By doing nothing at all, the unemployment numbers wouldn't have risen above 8%. Remember the last so called study that was performed FOR the stimulas, see how that worked out? 1940 economy was and is completely different from 2010, but of course you know that.

Here we agree, but then again, you didnt discuss the responses like an adult, rolling around laughing icon when someone says a fact leads others to believe you believe they are wrong..

here we go again, your attempt at discussing like an adult. Here let me give you another role around for those that believe ANY of these Politicians are different from the other
They arent applauding those out of work, they are applauding the fact that many of us said this wouldnt work and you liberals told us we didnt know wtf we were talking about. Again, history has shown this doesnt work time and time again.. All you guys did was waste nearly $1T.. Where are liberals moaning and groaning about how much these failed policies have added to the national debt?

Again attempt at an adult discussion using generalization, typical. Both parties wasted Trillions of dollars. Show me one post from me a liberal that made those statements. If you haven't noticed over the last 10 years BOTH PARTIES contributed to failed policies that have added to the national debt. You see an adult would acknowledge the contributions to the failure no matter the party affiliation, but I guess when you choose to depend on partisan bickering and subliminal messages to attempt to have an adult discussion you wouldn't know. Here's another roll around for ya..

Old 12-02-2010, 09:07 AM

8,630 posts, read 9,137,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Does it make sense to pay people 2 years in benefits NOT to work?
Have you collected unemployment before? If you did were you motivated to stay home? Did any of your significant bills really get paid at all with this money? Now it may motivate a 17 year old to stay home at mom and dads perhaps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies