Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 10:01 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Unprofessional? He is fighting just what they have had to fight since Pelosi got her big majority that is gone after Christmas. Things like that happen all the time and now it becomes the Republicans right to play the same game with the Democrat minority.

I detest this thing no matter which side is in control but it is part of the political game that most citizens don't even know is going on.

Roy, it was very unprofessional. No matter which side does it or why or who has the majority, to see that these are the people who are getting a FREE RIDE off of the tax payers and who are "deciding the future of everyone", this is how they behave. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 10:04 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The republican congressman starts acting very unprofessional and has a pissy fit.
House rules call for each member to have 5 minutes to debate and that man was not being allowed his time. Yes it was a waste of time to keep him from talking about the subject but wasn't it the woman who was filling in who was to blame? Is there not a chance that she could have thrown the member off the floor for demanding his rights? I think he was very close to getting the boot for demanding his rights under House rules.

Do you not know that since Nasty Nancy took over there has been no debate, by either party, just voting on what she wants done? You need to study what is going on on that floor. If Boehner tries to rule like NN, I will be just as much against him as I am her.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:11 AM

5,872 posts, read 8,090,819 times
The rules of the House have been that way for MANY years, and used MANY times by both parties for just the same outcome(s).

Too attempt to portray this as just now happening is not only disingenuous, but comical and pathetic on it's face.

Old 12-02-2010, 10:26 AM

Quote:
House rules call for each member to have 5 minutes to debate and that man was not being allowed his time. Yes it was a waste of time to keep him from talking about the subject but wasn't it the woman who was filling in who was to blame? Is there not a chance that she could have thrown the member off the floor for demanding his rights? I think he was very close to getting the boot for demanding his rights under House rules.

Do you not know that since Nasty Nancy took over there has been no debate, by either party, just voting on what she wants done? You need to study what is going on on that floor. If Boehner tries to rule like NN, I will be just as much against him as I am her.

In the words of my 11 year old nephew when he gets upset with his sisters...."I can't stand these doo doo stained people".

Old 12-02-2010, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Roy, it was very unprofessional. No matter which side does it or why or who has the majority, to see that these are the people who are getting a FREE RIDE off of the tax payers and who are "deciding the future of everyone", this is how they behave. Disgusting.
Are you saying that asking for what the rules say you are to have is unprofessional? I can't understand that part.

My main problem is accepting what you say about unprofessional. Maybe unCongressional since most of them are professional holders of the office but professional means how one behaves and I saw nothing of bad behavior in the man insisting that the substitute Speaker allow him to talk. I know that many bills were passed in the past few months without any debate and that most of the more nasty ones were passed without even being read. The rules of both houses call for reading on the floor three times and NN said we have to pass this thing to find out what is in it. Those bills should have been read by someone other than the speed reader they brought in to very swiftly read it.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Are you saying that asking for what the rules say you are to have is unprofessional? I can't understand that part.

My main problem is accepting what you say about unprofessional. Maybe unCongressional since most of them are professional holders of the office but professional means how one behaves and I saw nothing of bad behavior in the man insisting that the substitute Speaker allow him to talk. I know that many bills were passed in the past few months without any debate and that most of the more nasty ones were passed without even being read. The rules of both houses call for reading on the floor three times and NN said we have to pass this thing to find out what is in it. Those bills should have been read by someone other than the speed reader they brought in to very swiftly read it.

His behavior and comment was unprofessional. The fill in speakers behavior was no better, ignoring someone while their addressing you directly. The behavior was disgusting.

Again I say, it pisses me off that we have millions out of work and losing their homes and these idiots are getting a FREE RIDE off of the same taxpayers their screwing.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I just happened to read your status here and wonder where your bridge is. No, we weren't saved but if the House begins to perform as expected for a while I may want to look at that bridge.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:52 PM

1,011 posts, read 1,016,398 times
House Republican did his business on the floor? Outrageous.

Old 12-02-2010, 12:54 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Here's better example , This the now deceased Murtha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywgUCdefSW8

Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I just happened to read your status here and wonder where your bridge is. No, we weren't saved but if the House begins to perform as expected for a while I may want to look at that bridge.

and if they don't can we push them all off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies