Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 04:12 PM

764 posts, read 596,396 times

Advertisements

I'm really tired of seeing these "LOOK AT WHAT THIS MUSLIM DID THAT MEANS THEY ALL BAD!!1!1" stories/threads. This has nothing to do with any specific religion. It has to do with PEOPLE. These kind of things have been happening from all sides since the beginning, and you want to isolate certain incidents so you can try and justify your own ignorance. Its getting really old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
I'm assuming by "they" you mean Muslims.

You realize that there's 1.57 billion Muslims right? Assuming that you're right about there being 10 reported similar incidents this year, that would make them about a hundred-millionth of the population, or .000000067% of the population. Let's make that number 10,000 just to be fair... that would be .00067% of the population. You have a real argument there
I've been saying there's 9 Million Muslims in the US, and there were about 3 incidents in 2009, but your version was a much better example...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2010, 07:51 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,981,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
I'm really tired of seeing these "LOOK AT WHAT THIS MUSLIM DID THAT MEANS THEY ALL BAD!!1!1" stories/threads. This has nothing to do with any specific religion. It has to do with PEOPLE.
Oh, please. We all know people like you wouldn't have any problem with repeating these kinds of stories if they involved Christians or the Tea Party. Heck, we'd be on post no. 845 if that were true; sorry, no, it's your precious, peaceful Muslims who are acting like barbarians around the world and giving Islam a bad name.

Here's another "bad Muslim" story for you that you'd never see any other religious group do-

Austrian man yodels, offends Muslim neighbor, fined by court. (http://weaselzippers.us/2010/11/29/austrian-court-fines-infidel-for-offending-muslims-by-yodelling-while-mowing-his-lawn/ - broken link)

The real story here is that liberals have way too much tolerance for Islam's intolerance of the non-Islam world, while giving other religions especially Christians the stink eye.

I'm just passing along the news.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:54 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,285,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldawg82 View Post
I have no love for Islam, but there have been Christians who have done the same while quoting the Bible.
Exactly!

Old 12-03-2010, 05:45 AM

764 posts, read 596,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Oh, please. We all know people like you wouldn't have any problem with repeating these kinds of stories if they involved Christians or the Tea Party. Heck, we'd be on post no. 845 if that were true; sorry, no, it's your precious, peaceful Muslims who are acting like barbarians around the world and giving Islam a bad name.

Here's another "bad Muslim" story for you that you'd never see any other religious group do-

Austrian man yodels, offends Muslim neighbor, fined by court. (http://weaselzippers.us/2010/11/29/austrian-court-fines-infidel-for-offending-muslims-by-yodelling-while-mowing-his-lawn/ - broken link)

The real story here is that liberals have way too much tolerance for Islam's intolerance of the non-Islam world, while giving other religions especially Christians the stink eye.

I'm just passing along the news.
No. I dislike pretty much all organized religion, including Islam. I don't give them a pass, and if I had the medium, I'd love to show Muhammad in something, because I hate the double standard and love free speech.

However, I'm so sick of these stories. Once again, its been going on from all sides since history started being dated. It's kind of like people I've been around (even family) who want to point to the Rodney King riots as an excuse for the things they say about blacks. The same thing applies here. You hear "YA SEE HOW THESE PEOPLE ARE?" and its just unfair and ignorant to pick out incidents from one religion so you can create your own little narrative about . Its the delusion of organized religion that makes people do what they do, sometimes, not one specific one...

Old 12-03-2010, 06:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,338,815 times
Default A society with conservatives can't judge others

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How much more proof do we need that Islam lies when it says it is peaceful?

‘Non-Violent’ Imam Beats His Wife Bloody While Quoting the Koran | The Blaze
This country is in no moral position to pass judgment on other societies. Not with the continuing presence of bigotry and racial discrimination as practiced by Conservatives.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:27 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,707,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
How much more proof do we need that Islam lies when it says it is peaceful?

‘Non-Violent’ Imam Beats His Wife Bloody While Quoting the Koran | The Blaze
Maybe Obama was still upset about being hit in the mouth while playing basketball and he flipped when the new J.Crew catalog came in the mail addressed to his woman.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:31 AM

161 posts, read 141,299 times
I don't really care for Islam, but this is one idiot. Islam has a lot of things I really strongly don't agree with. However, you had that one lady that drowned her kids cause God told her too or the BTK killer that was a big part of his church, but I don't see the anti-Christians bashers trying to use that has fuel. You gotta somewhat try and keep it in perspective.

Old 12-03-2010, 06:35 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,660,138 times
This is an assault and battery regardless of religion. Investigate, determine the perpetrator, arrest, prosecute and punish just as we would any other resident.

I general terms ALL religions have preached and practiced violence. Ever hear the song "Onward Christian Soldiers" or of the sack of Jerusalem by the Christian Crusaders. When Suleiman returned the favor at least he left most of the inhabitants alive.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:21 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,856,313 times
Islam is a overtly oppressive and misogynistic religion, social and political system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
This is an assault and battery regardless of religion. Investigate, determine the perpetrator, arrest, prosecute and punish just as we would any other resident......
On this we agree. No politically correct preferential treatment for abusers/violators of US law. However, this incident of wife abuse happened in Germany. I wonder when people will admit that Angela Merkel is right about the need for Muslims in Germany to conform to German law and culture?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:01 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,293,835 times
Commentary on this story from jihadwatch.org

Quote:
Yes, Qur'an 4:34 really does say "beat them." Perhaps if Muslim apologists -- professional and amateur -- and spokespeople spent less time trying to convince Western audiences that the Qur'an doesn't really quite say what it says, and focused that same level of effort instead on stopping their coreligionists' alleged "misunderstandings" (including imams) and "cultural" misconduct, there would be fewer stories like this for us to so rudely report on.

Of course, real progress would require a forthright acknowledgment of the contents of the Qur'an. No more tap-dancing around "context" or playing the "lost in translation" card. And no more trying to excuse the inexcusable.

Oh, and just for a touch of irony, what has the imam been lecturing about at the Catholic university in Munich? Non-violence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies