Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 01:47 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,740,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Ferd, these people are willing to believe anything that Democrap leaders put out. They really believe that the GOP wants tax cuts and can't see through the lies that what they want is to just keep what we have had for nearly 10 years.

I like to hear the people at Fox talking about the Bush Era tax cuts but don't see how these gullible members of the left really accept the Democrap crap about new cuts.

What they fail to see is that if they get what their Congressional leaders want to happen Obama's promise about no tax raises will be blown all to hell. I wonder if any of them realize that doing away with the present system will amount to nothing but a raise of taxes for all.
What puzzles me is now Nancy Pelosi will mention "middle class tax cuts" and that she and the dems want to extend them when in the past she would state that "there are no middle class tax cuts." You have to stay focused. There really were "republican" tax cuts, whether CNBC wants you to know that or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 01:50 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,535,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
For Dems and Independents who think the Dems in Congress will work to pass Obama's proposal I've got new for you.

Obama is already caving to GOP demands and most Dems are only pretending to support the will of the people.

They are going to keep the tax cuts for the top 2% because the top 2% own you and this government.

Here is what YOU are going to do.

YOU are going to get your social security cut, YOU are going to get your medicare cut, YOU are going to get your public education funding cut, YOU are going to get your unemployment benefits cut.

Cuts to the IRS, FDA, SEC, EPA, etc.

The only thing that will not be cut is funding the military and aid to Israel (which has universal health care for it's citizens)

Do you got that? YOU fell for the owners propaganda. YOU then asked for it.

Good luck, living in squalor and poverty while the top 2% of the country exploits your willful ignorance.

Just a question. Why is the rant? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My belief is neither party is working in the best interest of the middle class who do by the way pay taxes. What I'm really trying to understand is, if the original purpose of extending tax cuts is to allow for job creation or job retention, why since 2008 before talks even began on the expiration or extension have there been so many job loss? Why have so many companies outsourced their jobs outside of the United States? Why should we believe that by extending the tax cuts to the Wealthy that this trend will no longer continue?

Old 12-03-2010, 01:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I haven't patted myself on the back, I issued you an invitation. Why if you have donated to veterans organizations for years automatically assume that no one else does?

Again, you have failed to address the topic at hand about the hypocrisy of supporting a tax hike on a targeted portion of the population instead upon all. Why is that?
I will answer the question. Morally, those who benefitted most should have to pay the most.

On a more practical reason, the capitalist model suggests that everyone do what is in their own best interest. That is the capitalist model would mean 98% of the population would be in favor of either the Republican or Democratic bill on taxes for the middle class. However, if taxes have to be be raised in order to keep services in place the majority are going to do what is their best financial interest and have someone else pay it.

--Unless, you have been convinced to vote against your own interest, which middle and lower classes have been convinced to do for decades.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
If the premise of extending the tax cuts to the Wealthy is to create jobs or keep jobs, how can we be sure that is actually going to happen? They have not held up to the original agreement with the Bush tax cuts.

The economy is in the toilet and although I know many would like to blame this administration or even the Democrats, but both parties are responsible for the mess. Yes Bush gave everyone a tax cut, but then used that same credit card to fund two wars. Bush then passed on that worn out credit card to Obama who not only continue to fund those wars, but continue to use the additional line of Credit passed on by his predecessor. Before anyone jump on the Busssssssssssssssshhhh front, again its not all on Bush, Obama is just as much to blame.

My point is, those same Wealthy folks that everyone keep beating us of the head to protect continue to line their pockets and ship jobs outside of the country. Why should we believe this extension to the wealthy will make any difference?
Why can't Democrats accept the idea Chuck Schumer forwarded some time ago? You know, only raise taxes for those who make more than $1 million per year. That would allow a number of small business people to either rehire or to expand which would call for more people to work. I think that the number needs to be much higher than Obama's original $250,000.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Ferd, these people are willing to believe anything that Democrap leaders put out. They really believe that the GOP wants tax cuts and can't see through the lies that what they want is to just keep what we have had for nearly 10 years.

I like to hear the people at Fox talking about the Bush Era tax cuts but don't see how these gullible members of the left really accept the Democrap crap about new cuts.

What they fail to see is that if they get what their Congressional leaders want to happen Obama's promise about no tax raises will be blown all to hell. I wonder if any of them realize that doing away with the present system will amount to nothing but a raise of taxes for all.

Roy who are these people? I for one know the difference between "new cuts" and extending the existing. The raising of the Federal taxes from everything that I've seen so far has been on those making more than $250K, the Dems are now trying to compromise and raise that to $1mill. So my question again is who are these people your referencing

Old 12-03-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Why can't Democrats accept the idea Chuck Schumer forwarded some time ago? You know, only raise taxes for those who make more than $1 million per year. That would allow a number of small business people to either rehire or to expand which would call for more people to work. I think that the number needs to be much higher than Obama's original $250,000.

That is the new compromise that their trying to work out now which I agree with.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Don't you mean Democraps?

You're slipping, Roy.
How about addressing what I said instead of playing that little left leaning game? I say because you just had too much truth pointed out for you to go at.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM

Quote:
That is the new compromise that their trying to work out now which I agree with.
Schumer is a Senator and all I see the Senate trying to do is to manage to find some way to extend for a year and then shove it up the backside of the small businesses year from now. Well, maybe 2 years from now since the House won't go along with a raise next year.

B&P I don't want to disagree with you other than what they really want to do. It is a good workable idea that may create some jobs, indirectly.

Old 12-03-2010, 01:59 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Just a question. Why is the rant? Everyone is entitled to their opinion. My belief is neither party is working in the best interest of the middle class who do by the way pay taxes. What I'm really trying to understand is, if the original purpose of extending tax cuts is to allow for job creation or job retention, why since 2008 before talks even began on the expiration or extension have there been so many job loss? Why have so many companies outsourced their jobs outside of the United States? Why should we believe that by extending the tax cuts to the Wealthy that this trend will no longer continue?
Because the tax cuts = jobs is B.S right wing propaganda.

The best way to stimulate job growth in a downturn is government spending.

The government spends all it collects. It goes back into the economy.

Tax cuts to the top 2% is less effective because the rich save a good portion of their money.

Right now corporate America is hording Trillions in cash. Had that money been in Government hands it would be spent into the economy.

Job growth under Clinton and the Dem Congress was the highest of any President's term and Clinton raised taxes.

The fact is, GOP supporters are entitled to their ignorant, misinformed opinions and they are going to get what they deserve.

Part of me is loving it, knowing that these willfully ignorant smug lemmings are going to get what they ask for.

And the astounding thing to me is that they are on limited incomes and directly benefit from government social programs.

Personally, I'm not on the outside looking in. I've got a high income, I live in a very exclusive area. There are no poor people in my kids's schools. My kids hob nob with the kids of Doctors, CEO's, VP's, Attorneys, Pro Sports players, etc.

The conservative blue collar whites in the surrounding neighborhoods are just dying to cut the taxes of my millionaire neighbors.

They are just dying to lower my property taxes so their school districts would have less money.....

It's so absurd .......It's hard to explain to someone not from this country.

Last edited by padcrasher; 12-03-2010 at 02:09 PM..

Old 12-03-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Schumer is a Senator and all I see the Senate trying to do is to manage to find some way to extend for a year and then shove it up the backside of the small businesses year from now. Well, maybe 2 years from now since the House won't go along with a raise next year.

B&P I don't want to disagree with you other than what they really want to do. It is a good workable idea that may create some jobs, indirectly.

Roy, thats what makes a good debate, respectful disagreements

You may be right on what their planning to do two years from now or you could be wrong, but for right now something has to be done. I never put anything passed any of those idiots in Washington. Its sad not to have faith in your employees. But if the justification for keeping the Bush cuts for everyone is for jobs, then they will need to come up with a new tax structure, because the current one hasn't done well at all on the retention or creation front since 2006.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies