Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 02:23 AM

89 posts, read 207,673 times

Advertisements

Global Warming is the biggest bull**** in the world. if anything it's getting colder Canada, USA, England and even in hot australia its getting colder. we had the 2nd coldest winter and it have been a cold start to summer her.

The Teachers in Australia have to teach about GW. My son don't lisen about the bull**** about GW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 04:51 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I was shoveling that "global warming" out of my driveway until mid June last year. Just sayin'
Since you're in Montana you might enjoy the link below.

There's been evidence of an extended warm season. Earlier snow melts; later first snowfall. It's been happening consistently year after year.

The demarcation beteewn Alpine forest and tundra has changed in some areas. Alpine trees are estabishing in what once was tundra.

This is worth looking at, Climate Change in Mountain Ecosystems (CCME) | Northern Rocky Mountain Science Center (NOROCK)

That link is of the Rocky Mountain USGS Research station.

There are definitely changes that have been slowly happening in MT.

What I suggest for any of you is to do your own research. I wouldn't trust an electrician to perform an appendectomy, and I wouldn't want a surgeon to wire my house. Why would I trust Rush, Hannity, or the Fox ilk to decide what is and what isn't regarding climate change?

The thing about climate change and CC research is that it entails much more than CO2 or CH4 levels in the atmosphere.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:54 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,246,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
That same global warming also had me shoveling out out 3 blizzards last year as well. I was hoping that their prior prediction of snowless winters was going to become reality thanks to AGW, but of course as usual, now instead of saying that AGW is going to cause less snow every winter until it eventually stops snowing, now they are peddling the BS that AGW will cause winters to become snowier and colder Anyone who seriously believes them, needs to have their head checked. Since when does warmer = colder That violates physics! And I'm surprised they haven't caught on to this pattern as well. I suppose that that record cold summer last year was caused by AGW, the same as this past hot summer And the Left accuses us on the RIGHT of a lack of independent thinking when it comes to our news sources!
That's what has been predicted. An increase in precipitation in the upper mid-west and NE.

The 'warming' is occuring. Climate change isn't going to be identical throughout the globe. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about floods.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:00 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The Washington Times might have an impressive soudmimng name, but it's no more than a propaganda rag owned and operated by THE REVEREND SUN MYUNG MOON...nutbag extraordiaire...

The Moonies founded, own, and control the Washington Times
Are you a Moonie? Are you being influenced by the Moonies? Did you know that the highly respected Washington Times is a mouthpiece for the Reverend Sun Myung Moon? Well it's True! Here's some quotes about the Washington Times I snagged from the Moonies Website. If anyone doesn't believe me, go to the moonies website and read it for yourself. I'm not making this up. I wish I were!

The Washington Times - Comments by Sun Myung Moon
Apparently, sickie can't actually dispute anything in the link
'Nuff said.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:25 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,450,122 times
it was cold down here in texas just last week. stupid liberals

Old 12-04-2010, 05:44 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
I believe the Dems are going to bring it up for vote in the Senate today. Obviously the Repubs will not allow it to go to the floor, but it will clearly point out that the Repubs are not willing to extend the cuts for Americans that need it, unless their buddies get their payoff. Whoops, wrong thread.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:49 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,728,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Propaganda + stupidity + selfishness = science denial.

That's cute.

Here's another one.

Propaganda + stupidity + selfishness = scam belief just like when the scientists told everyone the earth was flat.

Old 12-04-2010, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
That's what has been predicted. An increase in precipitation in the upper mid-west and NE.

The 'warming' is occuring. Climate change isn't going to be identical throughout the globe. If I were you, I'd be more concerned about floods.

Actually, we should all be much more worried about global cooling than warming.

Cooling will devastate our ability to produce food much quicker than warming will.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:03 AM

Last edited by CaseyB; Today at 06:39 AM.. Reason: too long - copyright violation

CaseyB: I am confused. How is it a copyright violation when I posted the source? There was no attempt on my part to claim the words as my own.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:13 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
roadking, you can only post 2-3 sentences of an original article.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies