Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 08:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrader101 View Post
Hello,

In this country, if you had a choice would you rather be poor, middle class, upper middle class, or rich?

Or to put it differently, would you rather be a poor person in a low income neighborhood, an ordinary middle class person, a middle class person with some affluence in an upper middle class neighborhood, or a millionaire in a mansion?

Of these four levels of society, which one do you think is best for you and which one do you think is most fulfilling?

Thanks,
I don't believe ANYONE , no matter what they claim, would not choose to be wealthy....sorry, that's just a crazy question....you honestly think anyone WANTS to be poor??

But why do you think a millionaire has to live in a mansion....how about being a millionaire who lives in a nice house out in the country...you do need millions to do that and be secure.

Money IS everything.

It buys everything .

It is security. It is safety.

Love is nice, too, but watching loved ones suffer when money would solve their problems is only something Republicans would enjoy...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 08:29 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,166,939 times
I'll take rich, thanks. Not too interested in the mansion though.

As for being vilified.... yeah, I think I can handle it. They can vilify me all they want while I'm vacationing and sipping cocktails around the world.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Why do we have to be defined by being either rich or poor. I feel that most People if given the opportunity, or a million dollars free on a silver platter, they will take it. No one truly wants to be poor, but in this Country we do have choices, and some do choose to live the poor lifestyle. Their are those who have lost a job, and on down on their luck, and some who got ill, or maybe lost a home, i have empathy for all of those people.

I don't have sympathy for those People who feel that we owe them, without them ever lifting a finger, i have no respect for them. I cannot stand People who say, we took from them, therfore we owe them, cowardly way to think.

But as we can plainly see, with Hollywood Celebrities, and Music Icons, Money still does not buy you Happiness. It helps yes, with paying the bills, and buying those things you have always wanted. What it does not buy you, is Complete Happiness from the Soul.

I say just as long as we each wake up each morning, their is nothing we cannot conquer, when we put on mind to it.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:48 PM

580 posts, read 1,081,538 times
No offense, but is this even a question?

Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,061 times
an ordinary middle class person. enjoy the ordinary life.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:49 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
I wish I was rich. Being poor is very depressing.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times
I'd be poor so I could sit on welfare and collect money from all of you and not have to work.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:08 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
I don't think having a million is considered rich these days...I have well over that, and just consider myself financially secure...No mansion either just an ordinary bungalow in a middle class neighborhood.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:45 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,169,388 times
I'd rather be... well to be honest, Right where I am. Working hard, making a living doing something I actually like and taking care of my family. I'm not rich, more people would call me "middle class", but my gauge is based more on happy or not happy. I've got a great family, awesome friends and work with some of the best people I've ever known. I guess I'd say I'm pretty lucky and I'm glad to be where and when I am.

I think the most of the freedom that we enjoy here is based on the reality that I really don't care about what other people think.. From that perspective, which I have learned through hardship and life in general is one of the best and most liberating things a person can experience. Try it and tell me how it worked for you!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:05 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
I'm already rich and money has nothing to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies