Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 01:07 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,672,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz9 View Post
We should send the slaves back. They contribute nothing to society. Tehy destroy schools and neighborhoods.
If you can find a slave, go ahead and send him or her back.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz9 View Post
We can still send their decendents back. They act like they were slaves. They want reparations, right? According to you they were not slaves.

They destroy schools and neigbhrohoods. Can you tell me anything the slave decendents contribute to society?
If nobody destroyed the school you went to, they should have, because it failed you miserably............."Decendents....."

Old 10-22-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz99 View Post
How about we judge them by the content of their character like MLK dreamed about.

How about we send all the people convicted of crimes back to Africa?
The whites and Asians too? What about Native Americans? Should we send them back to Africa too? How about Latinos who are part African and part Native and part Spanish? Do we split them into thirds?

Old 10-22-2012, 01:17 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,739,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz.99 View Post
ANYone who commits crimes. Get rid of all of them.
Too bad we can't do the same for banned posters on this site.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:19 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
no1brownsfan, I used to do alot of perusing on this website: Stuff Black People Don't Like - SBPDL

That is basically a website dedicated to lambasting and hating the Black population. I have a feeling that the post you responded to, it could be one of the same persons I saw making replies on SBPDL. I've heard similar talking points on that site. I've actually posted on the website to counter the racist opinions on there. My idea was to try and educate people, and derail alot of bigoted arguments on the site. It never worked.

Personally, this is how I see it. Black Americans are American citizens, and therefore, they cannot be sent back to Africa at this point. I think the person you replied to wants all Black people kicked out of America. That cannot be done. America is suppose to be a Democratic nation. Kicking all of the Black people out and sending them to Africa would not look good on America's part. It would contradict what America is suppose to be about. America would be very hated for that, by alot of people, and not just the people being kicked out.

I agree. I don't advocate kicking American citizens out of the country. Illegals on the other hand.... Now, I have nothing against those immigrating here legally BTW. Such as my ancestors.

As for bigots, I say ignore them. It's the attention they crave.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shultz.99 View Post
ANYone who commits crimes. Get rid of all of them.
I say we should send them to wherever you live.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redfish1 View Post
For those of you that have studied the civil war at the college level or are one of those blue collar history buffs that loves history you are probably aware of the fact that Abraham Lincoln wanted to not only free the slaves but he wanted to send them back to Africa as he felt even after slavery was abolished the black man would still always be at a great disadvantage in this country due to the roots of slavery. In the end He was met with enormous opposition and eventually let the matter go.

My question is what do you think Africa would be like today had the majority of the slaves been released back to the mother land.
Which Africa? Central or coastal? If coastal, which coast?
Enslaved Africans came from all parts of the continent, and Africa is a larger continent than Europe. Once here, the slaves could simply not be repatriated to their former homelands with any coherency. After all, some Africans had been enslaved here for 200 years longer than other Africans.

Trying to imagine a scenario where so many people could simply be moved back to where they came from was ridiculous 150 years ago, whether the North had won or not. Like it or not, the slaves were here for good. Liberia, as a social experiment, proved that.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM

73,062 posts, read 62,680,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I agree. I don't advocate kicking American citizens out of the country. Illegals on the other hand.... Now, I have nothing against those immigrating here legally BTW. Such as my ancestors.

If they come illegally, then of course send them back. As for American citizens, this is the way I look at it. Unless treason is involved, kicking someone out of the nation is a stupid idea. I don't know of a single nation who kicks its own criminals out of the country for any crime other than treasonous crimes.

I'm also noticing something else. The username of said person I was talking about keeps changing ever so slightly.

Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,481,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post

There`s a good chance that your relatives weren`t welcomed here with open arms. I know mine weren`t. Just sayin`

Old 10-22-2012, 01:28 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,999,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If they come illegally, then of course send them back. As for American citizens, this is the way I look at it. Unless treason is involved, kicking someone out of the nation is a stupid idea. I don't know of a single nation who kicks its own criminals out of the country for any crime other than treasonous crimes.

I'm also noticing something else. The username of said person I was talking about keeps changing ever so slightly.

Like I said earlier. Stormfront must be down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies