Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 06:50 AM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
see page 5
see page 11
Gubmint doublespeak.

Covering their assumptions doesn't fix the economy.

If those number assumptions were viably correct, we'd be out of this economic slump. However, the real data suggests we're only going to see higher unemployment rates through the next YEARS.

Seems the process isn't working.

The nearly 60% dollar rate of return listed would make millionaires out of the impoverished. It AIN'T.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 07:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
If the Bush tax cuts and deregulation worked out so well, why did we end up in a recession surrounded by record breaking deficits because of it?

There is nothing Conservative about spend, spend, spend.

The R&D pony show is over. The Progressives will be flushed from the Republican party(O'Donnell was the perfect example). The people have decided that will happen. Nov 2nd, was the proof. State redistricting & gerrymandering, will ensure Republican and very Conservative candidates will be elected.

A directional change has been announced!

Old 12-05-2010, 12:41 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj185 View Post
http://www.house.gov/smbiz/hearings/hearing-07-24-08-stimulus/Zandi.pdf (broken link)

see page 5

http://http://www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/119xx/doc11971/11-15-CBOPresentation-SGE.pdf (http://http//www.cbo.gov/ftpdocs/119xx/doc11971/11-15-CBOPresentation-SGE.pdf - broken link)

see page 11

LOL, the first one only show that Moody's thinks UI is more stimulative than tax cuts. Lawrence Summers disagrees and proves that UI extends unemployment. There certainly is no evidence the wealthy use reduced income tax rates to outsource jobs. Pure bunk.

Couldn't open second link.

Last edited by shorebaby; 12-05-2010 at 12:49 PM..

Old 12-05-2010, 12:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Wanna produce any studies that support this?
To me it does not make sense at all to give those unemployment, who never ever intend to work, and there are plenty of them around.

Can't blame one Party without the other side kick! Both have made tremendous mistakes, that have cost our Country a recession. And we do bounce back. Not as quickly as we would like to see a recovery but we do bounce back. Too many Mistakes to mention, but Housing Bubble was a big one. So many bad loans to boot. And we can go on and on, with the mistakes.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:39 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,837,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
To me it does not make sense at all to give those unemployment, who never ever intend to work, and there are plenty of them around.

Can't blame one Party without the other side kick! Both have made tremendous mistakes, that have cost our Country a recession. And we do bounce back. Not as quickly as we would like to see a recovery but we do bounce back. Too many Mistakes to mention, but Housing Bubble was a big one. So many bad loans to boot. And we can go on and on, with the mistakes.
well said. in most recessions we bounce back pretty quickly, especially if the government stay out of the way. this recession has much in common with the great depression in that it was mostly caused by huge private debt that is hard to pay back quickly.

Old 12-05-2010, 02:27 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
If the Bush tax cuts and deregulation worked out so well, why did we end up in a recession surrounded by record breaking deficits because of it?
Democrat controlled Congress out of control spending, Clinton era "house for everyone even those who cannot afford it" loan practices, and being the global police agency for the West as well as the largest global contributor in foreign aid and foreign emergency releif. It would have been worse had Bush's tax cuts not brought in significantly more $$ than did Clinton's tax policies in regard to dividends and capital gains. Watch for those levels of tax collection (capital gains and dividends) to drop sharply again with an Obama tax hike.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:08 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Democrat controlled Congress out of control spending, Clinton era "house for everyone even those who cannot afford it" loan practices, and being the global police agency for the West as well as the largest global contributor in foreign aid and foreign emergency releif. It would have been worse had Bush's tax cuts not brought in significantly more $$ than did Clinton's tax policies in regard to dividends and capital gains. Watch for those levels of tax collection (capital gains and dividends) to drop sharply again with an Obama tax hike.
Obama tax hike? Didn't he promise that such would not happen to anyone under $250,000? I have to ask this because I know what kind of tax hikes will come with Obamacare. I guess he was only talking about income tax, huh?

Actually we would have been well on the way to recovery if it hadn't been for the Stimulus (too much unused) and the arguing about raising income taxes. Maybe in two years when the Dems are pushed out of control in the Senate we can get well. I hope we can last that long.

Old 12-06-2010, 01:54 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
Arrow ~~~*~~~

We keep giving tax cuts to the wealthy, which is absurd ! The wealthy have gained more since these tax cuts than ever before in history and the middle class is dwindling away at the same time. This is a class war and most Americans are losing the battle whether you realize it yet or not.

Old 12-06-2010, 02:11 AM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,246 times
Quote:
We keep giving tax cuts to the wealthy, which is absurd ! The wealthy have gained more since these tax cuts than ever before in history and the middle class is dwindling away at the same time. This is a class war and most Americans are losing the battle whether you realize it yet or not.
So, we should just continue to give away free money, taxed by us, to people on unemployment? For how long? I am predicting unemployment benefits will NEVER END. Its going to be just like welfare: Its going to breed a whole segment of society, which will do nothing for this country, but take money and say, "You owe it to me."

I don't understand your hatred of wealthy persons. They worked and earned their money, let them have it. Its not yours, mine, or the governments. Its THEIRS. And no, I am not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination. However, I work for my money and I want to keep what I earn. Not have it taken away from me, so someone can sit at home, watch Oprah, and eat Bon Bon's all day.

Old 12-06-2010, 04:06 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,309,299 times
Quote:
Correction: tax cuts to all who pay taxes.

And the wealthy were paying more, by percent, in taxes after the Bush tax cuts than they were before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies