Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 10:42 PM

764 posts, read 1,557,522 times

Advertisements

Liberals keep making the same arguments over and over. The Bush tax cuts were bad, they dont stimulate the economy, and the FED need more money so we can spend more. OK, you win....so let them all expire. The economy should improve right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 10:49 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maschuette View Post
Liberals keep making the same arguments over and over. The Bush tax cuts were bad, they dont stimulate the economy, and the FED need more money so we can spend more. OK, you win....so let them all expire. The economy should improve right?
Democrats are evil, envious fools by nature. They don't care about the middle class, they want anyone who makes more than they do to pay most of their tax burden.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:55 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
And let the AMT not get an emergency fix.

Then the government will get more money and can fund more unemployment which in turn will create more jobs. Unemployment creates jobs per Pelosi.

So if the entire country goes on unemployment think of all the jobs that will get created .....

Old 12-03-2010, 11:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
We are going to see just what the democrats in congress really feel about the American people.

Simply put, they do not care about you one bit.

Since the dems have had 2 recessions in 4 years I can see unemployment hitting 12% or higher if these cuts expire and many more people losing their homes, cars etc.

We already have record foreclosures, bankruptcies and car repos on the dems watch, watch them rise quickly if this happens.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:50 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
I agree, let them all expire. Nobody said the economy would improve if that happened, but rather address out debt/deficits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We are going to see just what the democrats in congress really feel about the American people.

Simply put, they do not care about you one bit.

Since the dems have had 2 recessions in 4 years I can see unemployment hitting 12% or higher if these cuts expire and many more people losing their homes, cars etc.

We already have record foreclosures, bankruptcies and car repos on the dems watch, watch them rise quickly if this happens.
The Dems already put up a tax cut for 98% of America, and your pals voted that one down. THAT'S how much the GOP care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Democrats are evil, envious fools by nature. They don't care about the middle class, they want anyone who makes more than they do to pay most of their tax burden.
Yea, that's a sound and rational argument. Shall I also assume all Republicans think just like you?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Quote:
Not if the government bureaucracies are not reigned in as to make manufacturing on the large scale possible again in this country. We need manufacturing jobs if 8 million + people are to be re-employed within our shores. That is, unless folks want 10% unemployment to become the new "norm".

Old 12-03-2010, 11:56 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
When 47 % of the population pays $0 taxes, it's time for the tax cuts to expire. thank goodness that I can itemize a lot of deductions so that the gov't doesn't 100% skrew me over. All of those families with the kids ($1000 deductions) need to start paying up.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:59 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,852,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The Dems already put up a tax cut for 98% of America, and your pals voted that one down. THAT'S how much the GOP care.

Yea, that's a sound and rational argument. Shall I also assume all Republicans think just like you?
So the Dems only care about 98% of the US citizens? That's nice to know, I guess caring about everyone is too hard for liberals. You can assume whatever you like, you seem to be quite talented at screwing it up already since I'm not a Republican and I think many of them are as ignorant as your Democrat friends are.

Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 AM

764 posts, read 1,557,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I agree, let them all expire. Nobody said the economy would improve if that happened, but rather address out debt/deficits.

If they used that money to address our deficits than that would be great, but do you think they would actually do that?

Old 12-04-2010, 12:00 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
since I'm not a Republican...
Funny...you sure walk like a duck...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies