Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 06:25 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,390,364 times

Advertisements

Some people are at his "Beck and call"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 06:34 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,520,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Apparently Beck fantasizes about killing people with a shovel...That's enough for me to realize that his cheeze has slid of his cracker...He is not only stupid, but he has no control of his big mouth, and is a nut case.
I would tend to agree with that since "fear" apperently sells! The Invasion of IRAQ wouldn't have never happened without that concluding factor!
And Americans wonder why terrorists hijack planes & ram them into 110 story buildings.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:36 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,492,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Since you find it necessary to bring up Obama perhaps you should follow your own advice?

Or did you just feel obliged to throw in some typical self-Righteous hypocrisy?
Sorry, I'm not on the right.

You gove the typical leftie respeonse though.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,492,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
I would tend to agree with that since "fear" apperently sells! The Invasion of IRAQ wouldn't have never happened without that concluding factor!
And Americans wonder why terrorists hijack planes & ram them into 110 story buildings.
So you are saying if Clinton hand't kept sanctions on Iraq for 8 years by using fear then 9/11 wouldn't have happened?

I think you may be onto something.

Old 12-04-2010, 06:48 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,077,321 times
The thread title is so rudimentary that I thought it was going to be a sarcastic post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The title of this thread really sounds as if Beck had group sex with the attendees of his self-sering town hall thingy. What stamina...2500 you say?

Old 12-04-2010, 07:27 PM

16,997 posts, read 14,314,119 times
Quote:
Strange thing is....They were expecting 20,000 people and only 2,500 came to hear the messiah of doom. Is he losing popularity?
Considering the theatre only hold about 3,000, thankfully only 2,500 showed.

Old 12-04-2010, 07:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,880,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Just the other night Glenn Beck had a town hall meeting in Pittsburgh, Pa attended by 2500 people who all kicked in $90.50 per ticket. I guess some people in Pennsylvania must trust him and like him.

Here is a quote from one of those in attendance and you can read one from a 21 year old in the link.

"He teaches you how to become educated on things that really matter in everybody's life, especially your own. How you can make a difference in the world," said Rachel Kosko, 63, of Baldwin, who attended the show with her husband, Joseph.

Mrs. Kosko, a retired religious director of education now studying at Duquesne University, said she is not bothered by the controversy and criticism that have surrounded Mr. Beck.

"He's the only person telling us what's going on. The news programs aren't telling us anything," she said. "When you speak the truth, you always get criticism. People don't want to hear it. They just want to believe fantasy."

I forgot to include the link that comes from a Pittsburgh newspaper. Here it is now the wiseacres have commented.

Glenn Beck enthralls Benedum audience of 2,500
Btw, Pittsburgh is pretty liberal, and the Post Gazette is very much so..

Old 12-04-2010, 07:36 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,880,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Considering the theatre only hold about 3,000, thankfully only 2,500 showed.

Quote:
Strange thing is....They were expecting 20,000 people and only 2,500 came to hear the messiah of doom. Is he losing popularity?
The show was sold out.. Nice try though..

Old 12-04-2010, 08:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,152,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Paying $90.00 to hear what they can hear for free says it all

How about you tell me what makes it worth $90.00 to see him?
I am an old man who doesn't make enough to afford money like that to see Beck when I see him every day for nothing. He only had that Mustang on the stage the other day talking about having it up there.

Hey, have you ever heard of Bill Balsamico? He runs a well attended eating establishment not far from Pittsburgh and he has a sign just across the street that is 8' by 10' that he gets some great anti-Obama messages on. I have never seen him indicate that people should be against Beck, though. I get pictures of the sign a couple of times every month and will try to show how the people in that part of Pennsylvania really feel. I will try to get some of them on here, just to see some of you guys squeal and howl.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,152,196 times
Quote:
I am sorry for you but they expected a crowd that may get to 3,000 which is all that the theater holds. You were just a bit high with your number, but then if you took that number from HuffPo maybe you will learn that they don't always tell the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies