Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2010, 08:45 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
2500? REO Speedwagon still draws 4x that. What a poor showing by Mr. Beck
This theater seats 3,000 so I guess REO wouldn't want to schedule it for one of their shows. Huh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:47 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The show was sold out.. Nice try though..
That's exactly what it was....A show, nothing more.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Sounds like his audience is comprised of functionable corpses from the Rue Morgue. They can't think for themselves, discern relevent content from various news sources, or make rational sense of reality. Pathetic.

Beck about as useful to this society as toenail fungus.
Can you tell me some of the information you used to arrive at that conclusion? It should be really interesting since I am sure you didn't read the link and said only the kind of crap that lefties here repeat after reading the Soros sites that were created to destroy Beck and Fox News. These people never know what he said only what Media Matters or Think Progress say he said.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:49 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
This theater seats 3,000 so I guess REO wouldn't want to schedule it for one of their shows. Huh?
You're right. I guess Glen Beck only draws enough people to book the smaller venues. Hopefully soon he'll be speaking in coffeeshops, and eventually living rooms.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How do you know about what it was? You weren't there and you haven't read anything about it unless Media Matters and Think Progress have talked about it and they never tell a lot of truth about Beck. They just twist and turn his words to sound like something their benefactor, George Soros, would appreciate.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
You're right. I guess Glen Beck only draws enough people to book the smaller venues. Hopefully soon he'll be speaking in coffeeshops, and eventually living rooms.

Did you get all those hopefullys from one of the Soros sites? Damn, I will be communicating with Beck and suggesting that he hold his meetings in bigger sites, like maybe Madison Square Garden. Well, that may be kind of stupid when NYC is a hotbed of left leaners.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
How do you know about what it was? You weren't there and you haven't read anything about it unless Media Matters and Think Progress have talked about it and they never tell a lot of truth about Beck. They just twist and turn his words to sound like something their benefactor, George Soros, would appreciate.
Most people would agree that Glen Beck's words can be taken at face value. No exageration or distortion is necessary to discern the true content or meaning.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:03 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,138,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Most people would agree that Glen Beck's words can be taken at face value. No exageration or distortion is necessary to discern the true content or meaning.
Soros? You mean the Holocaust survivor who has dedicated much of his life and fortune to the cause of social justice? Soros? The man that Beck attempted to vilify in an anti-semitic rant he had to apologize for? Sorry, Beck isn't in the same universe as Soros. Soros has dedicated himself to fight for the disadvantaged. Beck seeks to only advantage himself.

And, no, I don't read any site that Soros is involved with. Just because Fox tells you what to think doesn't mean there is a liberal equivalency. I come to my own conclusions about worthless Glen Beck without "help" from George Soros or any other liberal site.

I did what you frequently suggest-- I watched Beck. I'm not much for revisionist history, demagoguery or pandering... so I decided my time was better spent NOT watching Beck.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
well dah.. what would you expect to see in a place with a stage, and seats, and a paying customer base that sits there and watches?

Do you think they were gathering for an interactive football game?

Old 12-04-2010, 09:25 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
The best part of this is that he tried to buy 3000 of those special sandwiches and the people said they just couldn't make that many so they only sold him 40 of them. That mention of 25,000 expected sounded like something straight out of Think Progress or Media Matters. They know that their readers will believe anything they say.

LOL, they made 400---guess you forgot the last 0. Hey, you would make a great lib anchor for the news.

[LEFT]"That's how serious I am about eating healthy," he said, mocking the government.
An assistant then wheeled out a cart of 400 more sandwiches to further illustrate the problem.
"I asked them for 3,000, one for everyone -- but they could only make 400," he said.

[/LEFT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies