Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 08:00 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Especially if you watch the video (and obviously man liberals here didnt), the man is being sighted for healthcode violations which exist everywhere in the nation. If you arent allowed to live without healthcare, then obviously you shouldnt be allowed to live without running water, sewage hookup, etc. Where is the man dumping his human waste? Back yard?

He's not being evicted for not paying taxes..
I didn't say that..the way he is living is not considered "improved" land for tax purposes. Unimproved land is worth mere pennies on the dollar compared to improved land paying taxes, utilities, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 08:02 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Unfortunately it's not that easy, regualtions for septic systems have made them outrageously expensive to install. Having said that he has a camper and that camper will have a holding tank which he would then be able to transport for proper disposal. The only cocern for the town here is that he's properly disposing of the waste by whatever means.
However did Americans survive before town water and septic systems

The pioneers must be rolling in their graves

Old 12-05-2010, 08:03 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
You know. I wouldn't want a camper set up next to my house. That's why I live in a neighborhood with zoning regulations.

There are plenty of areas in every State where you buy land and live in your camper in peace.

He set up in an incorporated area so I'm sure he can sell that and get lander cheaper in the country.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

How did they survive? Well in urban areas where the population would overwhelm septic systems they died of dysentery

Old 12-05-2010, 08:13 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post

I didn't say I agree with it, a hole in the ground taken care of properly is sufficient IMO as long as it's rural enough. My friends have an outhouse on some property and it works fine but it's illegal. Some of the the laws for septic sytems are crazy, and it costs people a lot of money but there in place to protect more urban areas.

Old 12-05-2010, 08:17 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I'd hate to think how many cows are defecating and urinating ALL OVER the ground in Indiana.

How much "waste" could one person POSSIBLY make in comparison to 30,000 or 40,000 head of cattle.

The concept that somehow he needs to "do something" about his body waste is absurd.

20yrsinBranson
Human waste is bit different than animal waste, the potential for disease is very real if it's not disposed of properly. This why we have sewers, they weren't put in to keep the place smelling nice although it's certainly a nice bonus.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
You know. I wouldn't want a camper set up next to my house. That's why I live in a neighborhood with zoning regulations.

There are plenty of areas in every State where you buy land and live in your camper in peace.

He set up in an incorporated area so I'm sure he can sell that and get lander cheaper in the country.
He's on 38 ACRES!!!!!!! How more COUNTRY does he need to get?

This isn't a camper set up on a vacant suburban block fgs.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I didn't say I agree with it, a hole in the ground taken care of properly is sufficient IMO as long as it's rural enough. My friends have an outhouse on some property and it works fine but it's illegal. Some of the the laws for septic sytems are crazy, and it costs people a lot of money but there in place to protect more urban areas.
I spent the first part of my childhood on a farm with an outside dunny (outhouse) which was basically a seat over a hole as you say. From memory my grandad used slaked lime or quicklime (can't remember which) and there was never a health issue and it been in existence for decades until we finally got indoor plumbing.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
The Chinese have been schitting on their rice for thousands of years, and they're the brightest humans on the planet.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:16 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Judge Kennedy was appointed by Reagan (R), Souter was appointed by Bush I (R) and Stevens was appointed by Ford (R). They all voted against the property rights of Ms Kelo along with 2 Clinton appointments. You Republicans just refuse to accept the horrible things your people do.

Sorry but it does not matter who appointed them, it is how they vote which is also on record if you took the time to look.

So now you are saying it goes by who appointed them?

Amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies