Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:33 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The right are against big government, unless it benefits them then it's ok.
The right are against spending, unless it benefits them then it's ok.
The right call for everyone's head on a platter unless it is a republican, then they will make up excuses the defend criminals and those in the wrong.
Do you have a few examples?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Are you actually attacking the right for wanting to protect national security. Does that mean you left wingers do not give a hoot about national security. Under cover agents and targets and knowledge of where AL queda is and how and who we get information is all in danger. How would you like to be one of those inside AL QUeda about to get outed as an American helper.
Darn right right wingers want to protect the interest of the country , the question is why do left wingers want to damage the security of the country?
Big government needs people like you.

Old 12-06-2010, 09:37 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Big government needs people like you.
Other governments and enemies need you

Old 12-06-2010, 09:40 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Do you have a few examples?
Big government = telling a woman what they can and can not do with their body, caring less about the constitution by wiping their rears with the 4th amendment and trying to repeal the 14th
Spending = War in iraq, war in afghanistan, farm substitutes AKA republican welfare, trillions in bailouts that don't have to be repaid to big banks,

Old 12-06-2010, 02:00 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,179,956 times
Isn't it accurate to say that conservatives want (a secretive) big government, but they don't want Obama at the top of it?

Old 12-06-2010, 02:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
No, I'm not surprised.

B) the government's critical information networks being compromised, lives put at risk, and national security being impacted.

The government is responsible for putting lives at risk when they participated in such shady and unethical behaviors!

Old 12-06-2010, 02:53 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Since the Wikileaks revelations we hear some people demanding the arrest of Assange. That he be tried for treason. Some even believe he should be executed.

It's the same people (usually Right Wingers) that pretend they are against big government and the government hiding secrets. But now they defend big government and big government secrets. Just a bunch of phonies. Demanding that someone be killed to keep big government secrets (shady deals and dirty laundry) isn't like freedom and democracy, but more like Mafia style revenge tactics.
Are you surprised that it's the Right Wingers that defend big government secrets?
while there are documents that are classified that shouldnt be, there are also documents that should remain secret. as for assange, we cannot try him for treason since he is not a US citizen, but he CAN be tried for espionage, and blackmail among other things. it is NOT his right to release secret documents to the general public, especially ones that put peoples lives at risk.

Quote:
Isn't it accurate to say that conservatives want (a secretive) big government, but they don't want Obama at the top of it?
no we dont want a secretive government, and we dont want a big government either, that is the purview of the left.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:06 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,854,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Your "freedom" fighter Assange released a document containing a list of sites VITAL for national security. This document can be used by Islamic terrorists to attack the US.
Give me 30 minutes and I could come up with an equal list.... probably greater since I wouldn't include and Australian venom lab... I dunno about you but I'm not too afraid of terrorist attacks by snake. We have no fewer than 4 venomous snakes here in FL and I am yet to see one in the wild.

Do you really think they couldn't come up with some prime targets without these "geniuses" spelling them out?

Face it the World trade Center wasn't particularly important, but the idiots that wouldn't travel by air afterwards ruined the economy. Guess they won. for me I was on a plane a week after. screw the terrorist ba$>>>>s. Fear is your enemy, The government praying on that fear to get what they want, simply despicable.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:11 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
If the idiot wants to expose government corruption, he has the right too. I have no problem with that. I would agree with wikileaks supporters that it is important to let the world know that americans hold our government accountable for its actions. But how does releasing a list of targets for the Al-Qaeda help with that cause? All i'm saying is he should have not have released certain documents in the emails that could be very harmful in the long term.
Don't be hysterical.

You don't think Al-Qaeda couldn't compile a worthy list of vital US targets on their own? Military installations? FBI, CIA, NSA locations? FAA centers? Communication centers?

Old 12-06-2010, 03:19 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
Quote:
That's the bottom line.

This whole "big government" gripe coming from right wingers is a sham. They dust off their libertarian signs only when they are out of power.

If you look, they have a only one very consistent principle common to authoritarians........WHATEVER IT TAKES TO WIN.

They'll adopt any argument, take any point of view, abandon any law, ignore any Constitutional principle, or do the exact opposite, if it helps "their side" win.

Just ask yourself one question when it comes to wikileaks.

Does wikileaks help or hurt the entrenched powers in USA society?

It hurts them!.............. Now you know what side the right wing is on. The side hoping to maintain their power.

( I fully admit Obama is part of the status quo that wants to maintain power. The only people opposing this are liberal Democrats and Ron Paulers)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies