Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:37 AM

4,156 posts, read 11,010,059 times

Advertisements

Sad bungled and flat out destructive. The FDA kisses big-Ag's butt for more $$ while the middle class American small farmers and producers get shut down and screwed some more.

"The disputed ink is barely dry on s 510 and it would seem the FDA has given itself the ‘authority’ to attack small farms. Although not one person has reported illnesses from Morningland Dairy’s cheese in the cheese makers 30 year long perfect record, the FDA has ordered the farm to destroy $250,00 worth of cheese. Samples taken from Morningland Dairy’s cheeses sold at the Rawesome store in Venice, CA tested positive for the harmful bacteria staphylococcus aureus and listeria monocytogenes. The results of these samples are questionable, the cheese tested had been in CA for 4 months before being collected and wasn’t tested until 7 weeks after being confiscated. Under CA statutes, confiscated food is to be tested right away and a sample sent to the company in question so they can do their own testing, Morningland Dairy never received a sample of the allegedly contaminated cheese. "

FDA Orders Family Farm with Perfect Record to Destroy $250,000 of Cheese | Health Freedom Alliance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 10:40 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,135,783 times
Yes! Get the government out of my potential food bourn illness!

I'm sure the "Health Freedom Alliance" is a non biased source.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:48 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,045,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Sad bungled and flat out destructive. The FDA kisses big-Ag's butt for more $$ while the middle class American small farmers and producers get shut down and screwed some more.
Once again, these contradictory threads simply leave me totally confused.

Considering the fact that one of the problems with the recent out breaks of wide spread food contamination was that the FDA wasn't anywhere near our food, it gives me pause to understand how keeping them away from our food constitutes a problem since Big and Small Ag have been wildly successful already.

Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post

I'm sure the "Health Freedom Alliance" is a non biased source.
but of course. it's all fun and games until people get sick and/or die

and the testing was done by a state lab [CA dept. of food & ag.].

http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/egov/Press_Re...p?PRnum=10-046

i'd like to see proof of this supposed time interval they refer to, but even if it was true, how are these bacteria supposed to magically appear in packs of vaccuum-sealed cheese only after a long period of time?

ETA: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/20/bu...html?src=busln

either they're present or they aren't.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Once again, these contradictory threads simply leave me totally confused.

Considering the fact that one of the problems with the recent out breaks of wide spread food contamination was that the FDA wasn't anywhere near our food, it gives me pause to understand how keeping them away from our food constitutes a problem since Big and Small Ag have been wildly successful already.
They were kept away by big Ag.

Big business is out there to protect us all.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,661,538 times
It's all about deregulation. Republicans hate any regulations unless it applies to social morals. Republicans want deregulation of everything in our country except homosexuals and muslims. Somehow we as a nation are supposed to feed 320 million people three squares a day, much of the food coming from foreign countries and do it without inspections or regulations. Somehow chicken s#!t piled 10 feet high and pigs living in their own excrement from birth to slaughterhouse is OK as long as there is no restrictions on the free running of a business. But government should totally restrict and regulate whether 2 women can get married in Georgia.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:05 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,075,809 times
Yes. I demand the right to drink downstream form where people are peeing.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:07 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
If it's food-bourne, it's Monsanto.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Big banks are good. Big corporations are even better, Big oil makes my mouth drool, but big ag Is BAAAAAAAAAAD

Old 12-06-2010, 11:14 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,824 times
Does everyone remember what happened to the native population of what would become the US when the Europeans arrived? They died from all of the illnesses that were introduced into America. We really don't want to do a perfect job of protecting ourselves from bugs. They just get stronger and we will loose the ability to fight off the illnesses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies