Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He needs to take off those dark sunglasses off of his empty head unless he's Stevie Wonder in disguise. Just because Obama is half black is a STUPID reason to vote for someone. I voted and campaigned for Obama too, but voted for him because I thought that he was the best candidate that was offered up. I'm disappointed in him, but still believe that he would be the lesser of 2 evils in an election with the current crop of Republicans that are offered up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,445,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I don't believe he voted for Obama in the first place. His new season Simmons Family Values is coming up and this is a ploy to kick up the ratings. His love of money is more powerful than his sorrow of what slaves have had to endure.
Yes he did he was on TV talking about him before the election.

This is the most honest answer!!! Hahahaha the idiot! What people fail to remember is that obama is 1/2 white! Haha So electing the first black president does not apply to obama!

Gene Simmons: I Voted For Obama Because He Was Black Then Realized He Was Unqualified

I think Simmons’ experience isn’t at all unlike what a lot of Americans went through with Obama. They got swept up in Obama’s extremely adept marketing campaign, and became enamored with the novelty of electing the first black President, and thus pretty much ignored the guy’s actual qualifications and policy stances which took a back seat.
In other words, like most modern elections where an apathetic plurality cast their ballots based on superficial factors and reasoning, except more so because Obama was more of a celebrity than most candidates.

http://sayanythingblog.com/entry/gen...s-unqualified/

Old 12-07-2010, 12:29 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
But now, i'm supposed to see Gene Simmons as a serious talking head on politics? Why? Because he hates Obama? LOL...please.
Actually he's a very smart guy. I've heard him interviewed before and the character he plays on stage is nothing like person he reveals when discussing politics and other matters.

And he was very successful at his entertainment career. Unlike a certain Ronald Reagan, who was a lousy second-rate actor and yet got elected President. That guy never had an intellectual thought in his life, as seems to be the case with most of our Presidents, including the media-dubbed "genius" running the Country into the ground today.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
its funny how it takes only two years for people to shout "failure!" when it was obvious our former president was not only ill-equipped, but downright hard of thinking. yet the right wing would scream every time a mistake was unearthed, "its wartime!! you have to support your leader during wartime!"
idiots. the race isn't over. stop screaming failure. it takes more than two years to clean 8 years of mess up. or can't you do the math?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:03 AM

15,700 posts, read 17,044,756 times
I voted for Obama because I thought he was the best person for the job of President, not because he is bi-racial. I would vote for him again today.

When I think of what would have happened to this country if McCain/Palin had won the election, I actually shudder. {{{}}}

Old 12-07-2010, 01:07 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
Whaaa. Many people I've voted for failed to live up to the expectations. All of them actually.

Old 12-07-2010, 02:06 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
I don't believe he voted for Obama in the first place. His new season Simmons Family Values is coming up and this is a ploy to kick up the ratings. His love of money is more powerful than his sorrow of what slaves have had to endure.
Yes, he tripped on his words there. A country of slaves. Freudian slip?

Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,707,126 times
Quote:
Which is it Conservatives...make up your minds.

I thought it was all about "shut up and sing." I thought you guys hate celebrities talking politics.

But now, i'm supposed to see Gene Simmons as a serious talking head on politics? Why? Because he hates Obama? LOL...please.
I was thinking the same thing. But, everyone has a right to voice their opinion. Gene is basically saying what millions of Americans also think... that they voted for Obama for the wrong reasons. "he was a moment in time"

I don't look to rock stars for poitical advice, but Gene has a good point.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:07 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,094 times
Default Actually

Quote:
Which is it Conservatives...make up your minds.

I thought it was all about "shut up and sing." I thought you guys hate celebrities talking politics.

There is a difference here. Most of the time when some actor, or hollywood player starts talking about politics, it's to influence our decisions.

In this case, he's questioning HIS own decision, and discussing why he made it and why he doesn't believe he made a good choice. He's not attempting to influence others to his way of thinking, he's just discussing what he believes was his own error in judgment.

Old 12-07-2010, 04:20 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,352,595 times
who cares what gene simmons says anyway? his show is mediocre at best, and he isn't really interesting the way the osbournes are. its sort of like, "see, i'm a fire-breathing former madman! now look at my palatial estate and my ordinary problems with my kids!" who cares? its like frosty the snowman saying he doesn't care for gay marriage. yeah?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies