Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Unemployment benefits be repaid???
YES 32 31.68%
NO 57 56.44%
DEPENDS 12 11.88%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 AM

15,092 posts, read 8,634,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Did you even read your own article?

Exaggerating, and using old data. Great job, Nancy Drew.

ETA: The other poster had a great point...many corps are S-corps and do not have to pay corporate taxes as such.

S Corporations
Nope ... you don't get it, do you? I didn't think you would. And now, it is you who is making the statement about who you really are, not me. The willful effort to maintain your own ignorance is right there for all to see. Not even when someone lays the truth before you with a bright shiny bow can you bother to even open it up, and take a look. This is what you are demonstrating here.

I handed you the article to read with an explanation just about anyone should be able to grasp, and all you come away with is that my statement "Corporations pay no federal taxes" was an "exaggeration" ? By giving you the link to the article that chose to lesson the impact of this truth with ambiguous language such as "72% of corporations with assets over 250 Million paid no taxes for at least 2 or more years ...." or "57% paid no taxes for at least X amount of time", etc., etc., I assumed you would realize that I did not intend to imply, nor anyone to believe that NO corporations EVER pay ANY taxes EVER. If that were my intent, it would have been foolish to provide the link to a report that IMPLIES that some MAY pay SOME taxes ... SOME of the time .... does that make sense to you?

These rather large percentages of BIG corporations ... that pay no taxes for various reasons at various times, as reported by the Government Accountability Office are the best case scenarios, as one would expect to come from such reporting ... there are other data that suggest the problem is even worse than that. Nevertheless, if one of them pays a DOLLAR in income tax, one year out of ten .... then that makes my statement false or an exaggeration in your mind .... so be it.

That still doesn't change the fundamental issue ... that they are getting away with murdering us financially ... destroying the economy .. and slitting the throats of the American people ... all with the assistance and compliance of their bought and paid for lackeys in congress ... who work for them and not us ... the people.

That was the point I was hoping would get across to you. But you insist on remaining in the dark. Nite nite, sleep tight, I'll try not to disturb your slumber with any additional facts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:39 PM

I can see that some here "get it", while others don't. So let me make one point VERY CLEAR ... and this covers many of our problems we face now, and the even worse problems facing us if we don't "get it".

We are living under a system that is run by a banking mafia, who have literally overthrown the government of the United States of America. They own our representatives ... our senators ... our president ... our courts! Some of you don't understand this because they own the media too ... and they use that media to keep you in the dark, and woefully ignorant. Many of you assist them in this effort by refusing to open your eyes. And, as long as you continue to do this, you can rest assured that the problems are only going to get worse, because criminals do not self regulate ... they do not choose to stop being criminals ... so long as they get away with their criminal conduct, they will continue.

Instead of all of this bickering and pointing fingers at one another ... decrying the poor for receiving welfare ... the unemployed for receiving unemployment, all the while ignoring the gangsters who have stolen TRILLIONS ... we all need to stop ... come together ... and realize that we are all in this together ... it's us versus them, and start behaving appropriately.

These criminals, allowed to continue, won't stop until all of us are standing in a bread line ... and unemployment line ... a food stamp line .... so just because YOU may not have been affected too dramatically YET .... it's only a matter of time.

Rather than sit there with blinders on ... it's time for everyone to come together and agree on one basic principle ... our collective futures ... our hopes for future prosperity rests in our hands ... not theirs.

And everyone can participate in this taking back of our country .. be it great actions or small ... we can all choose to NOT SHOP AT WALMART. We can all REFUSE to allow TSA thugs to stick their hands down our pants, or irradiate us with scanner machines. We can all choose to buy only that which we absolutely must have .. and buy those things from local sources when possible. Use CASH, instead of debit cards ... refuse to play along with these games ... refuse to participate in our own dismantling by these corporate criminals. Stop taking the poison vaccines ... stop drinking the poison water ... stop buying the processed, off the shelf GARBAGE that is posing as food ....

For those in a position to do so ... get rid of the ponzi scheme stocks and bonds ... buy gold and silver ... put a little canned food away for a rainy day, and TURN OFF THAT BOOB TUBE that is making you a drooling, comatose idiot!

Get on the computer and educate yourself ... and then you can educate others. Get on the blogs and forums and spread the truth ... wake others up ... talk to people ... join forces ... pray if that is your way ... visualize a prosperous future if that is your comfort zone .... DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!! TAKE SOME POSITIVE STEPS ...

The moment a small majority chooses to do these things ... this criminal conduct would come to a screeching halt. I guarantee it! Don't allow yourself to believe for one single second that you are powerless to effect positive change.

A few thousand criminals cannot rape and rob 300 Million people unless a large percentage of them agree to allow it.

Stop being so agreeable, and we'll all enjoy a much brighter future.

Old 12-09-2010, 01:44 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,833,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I can see that some here "get it", while others don't. So let me make one point VERY CLEAR ... and this covers many of our problems we face now, and the even worse problems facing us if we don't "get it".

We are living under a system that is run by a banking mafia, who have literally overthrown the government of the United States of America. They own our representatives ... our senators ... our president ... our courts! Some of you don't understand this because they own the media too ... and they use that media to keep you in the dark, and woefully ignorant. Many of you assist them in this effort by refusing to open your eyes. And, as long as you continue to do this, you can rest assured that the problems are only going to get worse, because criminals do not self regulate ... they do not choose to stop being criminals ... so long as they get away with their criminal conduct, they will continue.

Instead of all of this bickering and pointing fingers at one another ... decrying the poor for receiving welfare ... the unemployed for receiving unemployment, all the while ignoring the gangsters who have stolen TRILLIONS ... we all need to stop ... come together ... and realize that we are all in this together ... it's us versus them, and start behaving appropriately.

These criminals, allowed to continue, won't stop until all of us are standing in a bread line ... and unemployment line ... a food stamp line .... so just because YOU may not have been affected too dramatically YET .... it's only a matter of time.

Rather than sit there with blinders on ... it's time for everyone to come together and agree on one basic principle ... our collective futures ... our hopes for future prosperity rests in our hands ... not theirs.

And everyone can participate in this taking back of our country .. be it great actions or small ... we can all choose to NOT SHOP AT WALMART. We can all REFUSE to allow TSA thugs to stick their hands down our pants, or irradiate us with scanner machines. We can all choose to buy only that which we absolutely must have .. and buy those things from local sources when possible. Use CASH, instead of debit cards ... refuse to play along with these games ... refuse to participate in our own dismantling by these corporate criminals. Stop taking the poison vaccines ... stop drinking the poison water ... stop buying the processed, off the shelf GARBAGE that is posing as food ....

For those in a position to do so ... get rid of the ponzi scheme stocks and bonds ... buy gold and silver ... put a little canned food away for a rainy day, and TURN OFF THAT BOOB TUBE that is making you a drooling, comatose idiot!

Get on the computer and educate yourself ... and then you can educate others. Get on the blogs and forums and spread the truth ... wake others up ... talk to people ... join forces ... pray if that is your way ... visualize a prosperous future if that is your comfort zone .... DO SOMETHING POSITIVE!! TAKE SOME POSITIVE STEPS ...

The moment a small majority chooses to do these things ... this criminal conduct would come to a screeching halt. I guarantee it! Don't allow yourself to believe for one single second that you are powerless to effect positive change.

A few thousand criminals cannot rape and rob 300 Million people unless a large percentage of them agree to allow it.

Stop being so agreeable, and we'll all enjoy a much brighter future.
I learned about the banking mafia...from the media....which they control....which means I actually just learned what the banking mafia wanted me to know...which means the media can't be trusted...the media...which told me about the banking mafia.

So there must not be a banking mafia. Because the media can't be trusted.

Or something.

Your post is kind of circular.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I learned about the banking mafia...from the media....which they control....which means I actually just learned what the banking mafia wanted me to know...which means the media can't be trusted...the media...which told me about the banking mafia.

So there must not be a banking mafia. Because the media can't be trusted.

Or something.

Your post is kind of circular.

No ... you are attributing something to my post that isn't there.

If you are suggesting that you indeed learned about the banking mafia from the mainstream news .... I'm suggesting that you know and understand WAY LESS about it than you think you do.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:52 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Nope ... you don't get it, do you? I didn't think you would. And now, it is you who is making the statement about who you really are, not me. The willful effort to maintain your own ignorance is right there for all to see. Not even when someone lays the truth before you with a bright shiny bow can you bother to even open it up, and take a look. This is what you are demonstrating here.

I handed you the article to read with an explanation just about anyone should be able to grasp, and all you come away with is that my statement "Corporations pay no federal taxes" was an "exaggeration" ? By giving you the link to the article that chose to lesson the impact of this truth with ambiguous language such as "72% of corporations with assets over 250 Million paid no taxes for at least 2 or more years ...." or "57% paid no taxes for at least X amount of time", etc., etc., I assumed you would realize that I did not intend to imply, nor anyone to believe that NO corporations EVER pay ANY taxes EVER. If that were my intent, it would have been foolish to provide the link to a report that IMPLIES that some MAY pay SOME taxes ... SOME of the time .... does that make sense to you?

These rather large percentages of BIG corporations ... that pay no taxes for various reasons at various times, as reported by the Government Accountability Office are the best case scenarios, as one would expect to come from such reporting ... there are other data that suggest the problem is even worse than that. Nevertheless, if one of them pays a DOLLAR in income tax, one year out of ten .... then that makes my statement false or an exaggeration in your mind .... so be it.

That still doesn't change the fundamental issue ... that they are getting away with murdering us financially ... destroying the economy .. and slitting the throats of the American people ... all with the assistance and compliance of their bought and paid for lackeys in congress ... who work for them and not us ... the people.

That was the point I was hoping would get across to you. But you insist on remaining in the dark. Nite nite, sleep tight, I'll try not to disturb your slumber with any additional facts.
What you and the article both said was "most corporations don't pay taxes." That is in fact false and an exaggeration. Your jealousy of the rich is working overtime here. Many corporations are S-corps, we discussed this. Don't you get that?

Old 12-10-2010, 11:00 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Should those receiving the unemployment extensions be made to pay them back at some point in time. Maybe not pay all of it back, but some percentage?

YES?

NO?

DEPENDS?

Please explain your reasons!!
No, after their unemployment insurance expires they should be going on welfare.

Old 12-10-2010, 11:05 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,110,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Oh looky here, Andrea pulling out the ole race card using the Stormfronters script..Oh poo pooo. You didn't know that those three words were apart of the English dictionary? OMGracious, I guess the Mods didn't pay you any mind. Remember, don't dish it out if you can't take it. Oh well...
I don't think I've reported you, actually. Stop patronizing me, really, it's making you look childish.

What race card? Never used it.

Stormfronters? What is that?

"Run, tell that" is probably a more accurate way of writing it. Perhaps using proper grammar would be a good idea and get your points across more clearly.

Nobody should have to "take" anything on this forum. Personal attacks and rudeness violate the TOS. That's why I'm not telling you what I really think about you. I never "dished" anything to you, it's not a game to see who can dis the other the most. That's childish also, it reminds me of the "Yo mama so fat" jokes.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:18 AM

Quote:
What you and the article both said was "most corporations don't pay taxes." That is in fact false and an exaggeration. Your jealousy of the rich is working overtime here. Many corporations are S-corps, we discussed this. Don't you get that?
The subject corporations of the article are NOT S-Corporations, and if you knew what an S-Corp actually was, you'd have not made such a silly retort.

Suffice it to say that the corporations referred to large corporations (250 Million and up) that are publicly traded, have more than 100 shareholders, are transnational, among other disqualifiers that prohibit them from claiming Subchapter S tax, and therefore are C-Corporations.

Secondly, jealousy of the rich has nothing to do with this discussion ... I was simply responding to the ridiculous contention that the moving off shore of manufacturing were done because of an oppressive tax on these corporations ... when nothing could be further from the truth.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:12 PM

4,895 posts, read 14,140,308 times
Quote:
It's not a matter of "putting people out of work." People who get fired oftentimes still are able to collect. Sometimes businesses fold even through no fault of their own...it's not like they WANT to lay people off.

As to the first point, I pay my premiums for car insurance. Not the insurance company. If I wreck my car, my premiums will likely go up (well, mine won't, b/c I have Allstate Accident Forgiveness ) also, like you said. Of course you don't pay them back, but I do pay much more in premiums than I will ever get in return if I wreck my car. The same does not apply to UI. Your argument is a strawman.
"...I do pay much more in premiums that I will ever get in return if I wreck my car." Gee, what a bargain for your insurance company. Now, just imagine the money the government has made off using employer/employee contributions to unemployment, it's not a 1% return like we're getting at the bank, you better believe they have the best portfolios in the world....

I hope you never experience what it feels like to be unemployed.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:43 PM

1,309 posts, read 1,362,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
Should those receiving the unemployment extensions be made to pay them back at some point in time. Maybe not pay all of it back, but some percentage?

YES?

NO?

DEPENDS?

Please explain your reasons!!
I voted "no" because it would only deter the unemployed from getting a job. Who wants to pay more money back to the federal government? Even those who have been milking the cow for over two years would jump on any reason to stay home and suck from the nipples of the real working class.
An analogy would be, "getting a leach to donate blood".
(Its not his blood!)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies