Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 01:17 PM

467 posts, read 324,831 times

Advertisements

Um, what WAS the topic exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2007, 01:01 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
No, not RK but moonbat really seems to fit her.

The point is that Cindy Sheehan is a heroine to many on the left so I figured maybe you might want to follow her lead and dump

Or do you agree with what I've been saying since the first time I heard her speak? (That she is a crazy moonbat that spews nonsense)
I am not a Democrat. I'm a registered Independent. A lot of people, even those on the left, are frustrated by the Congress failure to expedite our departure from Iraq. Both parties are catching hell from all sides for a variety of reasons. As far as I know, Cindy Sheehan is not running for office. The woman is grieving the loss of her son in her own way. To me, it's OK for her to be a little batty. Please, let her be. You don't have to listen to her. I don't think I've ever listened to her either. Luckily, I haven't lost a son in Iraq, so I wouldn't presume to pass judgement on someone who has. Have you lost a son in Iraq?

Cindy Sheehan's speeches are not going to influence the way I vote. However, I fail to see how picking on a mother who has lost her son in a war is going to garnish any votes for your side.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 AM

451 posts, read 835,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I am not a Democrat. I'm a registered Independent. A lot of people, even those on the left, are frustrated by the Congress failure to expedite our departure from Iraq. Both parties are catching hell from all sides for a variety of reasons. As far as I know, Cindy Sheehan is not running for office. The woman is grieving the loss of her son in her own way. To me, it's OK for her to be a little batty. Please, let her be. You don't have to listen to her. I don't think I've ever listened to her either. Luckily, I haven't lost a son in Iraq, so I wouldn't presume to pass judgement on someone who has. Have you lost a son in Iraq?

Cindy Sheehan's speeches are not going to influence the way I vote. However, I fail to see how picking on a mother who has lost her son in a war is going to garnish any votes for your side.
I wouldn't give her a pass if she lost 5 sons and a husband in Iraq. She put herself in the spotlight, she is going to run for public office, she spews moonbat propaganda.
So I will continue to call it as I see it.
I can't imagine why you would think that my post was an attempt to garnish votes for my side.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:36 PM

124 posts, read 91,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Join the peace mom and fight oops I mean protest against the status quo.
Then maybe someday you can erase the shame of being a democrat.

"I was a life-long Democrat only because the choices were limited. The Democrats are the party of slavery and were the party that started every war in the 20th Century except the other Bush debacle. The Federal Reserve, permanent federal (and unconstitutional) income taxes, Japanese Concentration Camps and, not one, but two atom bombs dropped on the innocent citizens of Japan were brought to us via the Democrats. Don’t tell me the Democrats are our “Saviors” because I am not buying it especially after they bought and purchased more caskets and more devastating pain when they financed and co-facilitated more of George’s abysmal occupation and they are allowing a melt down of our representative Republic by allowing the evils of the executive branch to continue unrestrained by their silent complicity." -snip

Will Cindy galvanize the far left into a new moonbat third party?

Daily Kos: State of the Nation
Maybe yesteryear's Democrat started wars and was pro slavery.

And Republicans were the party of Lincoln, the party that was abolitionist. However, these days you would be hard pressed to find a Republican who would want to sit next to a black person on a city bus. Things change, I guess.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:00 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,764,578 times
Sprinter:

First: "The point is that Cindy Sheehan is a heroine to many on the left so I figured maybe you might want to follow her lead and dump
Quote:
the party of slavery and were the party that started every war in the 20th Century except the other Bush debacle. The Federal Reserve, permanent federal (and unconstitutional) income taxes, Japanese Concentration Camps and, not one, but two atom bombs dropped on the innocent citizens
of Japan"

The above statement made me think you were trying to garnish votes for your side. Whether you meant to do so or not, that is how it came across to
me.

Second: "So I will continue to call it as I see it."
Last time I checked, freedom of speech was still in effect. Hence, please do
continue to call it as you see it. By the same token, crazy or not, Sheehan can also continue to call it as she sees it. That's fair enough for me.

Third:
"I wouldn't give her a pass if she lost 5 sons and a husband in Iraq."
I sincerely hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones are ever in a position where you could use some EMPATHY (not sympathy) from somebody.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 525600minutes View Post
Maybe yesteryear's Democrat started wars and was pro slavery.

And Republicans were the party of Lincoln, the party that was abolitionist. However, these days you would be hard pressed to find a Republican who would want to sit next to a black person on a city bus. Things change, I guess.
As a black republican I can tell you that your post makes no sense also I didn't write or say the things about democrats it was Cindy Sheehan.

Old 07-14-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Sprinter:

First: "The point is that Cindy Sheehan is a heroine to many on the left so I figured maybe you might want to follow her lead and dump
Quote:
the party of slavery and were the party that started every war in the 20th Century except the other Bush debacle. The Federal Reserve, permanent federal (and unconstitutional) income taxes, Japanese Concentration Camps and, not one, but two atom bombs dropped on the innocent citizens
of Japan"

The above statement made me think you were trying to garnish votes for your side. Whether you meant to do so or not, that is how it came across to
me.

Second: "So I will continue to call it as I see it."
Last time I checked, freedom of speech was still in effect. Hence, please do
continue to call it as you see it. By the same token, crazy or not, Sheehan can also continue to call it as she sees it. That's fair enough for me.

Third:
"I wouldn't give her a pass if she lost 5 sons and a husband in Iraq."
I sincerely hope that neither you nor any of your loved ones are ever in a position where you could use some EMPATHY (not sympathy) from somebody.

May God have mercy on your soul.
First
Cindy wrote that stuff about the democrat party Cindy dumped the democrat pparty I was just quoting her and asking if anyone wanted to join her.

Second
Ok

Third
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies