Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 01:24 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,521,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
My point is that it is not unheard of for a sitting president to be challenged for re-election.

Who would go against Obama? Hillary has already declared that she is DONE with public office after her term as Sec of State.

Do you really believe that? I sure don't.

She may disavow any interest in future public service, but a "Draft Hillary" movement would be irresistable to her...especially if her minions orchestrated it behind the scenes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,501,648 times
You notice Rather said it with a smile? Yes, many on the left have lost their messiah.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:33 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,015,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Ronald Reagan challanged Gerald Ford during the primaries to unseat him from election. He lost his challenge, and Ford went down in flames to Jimmy Carter.
That was an easy challenge for Carter wasn't it, considering the
American People did not vote or elect golf ball hitting Gerald Ford in the first place

Old 12-07-2010, 01:36 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Won't happen.

The left isn't who gets people elected, it's the middle, the Independents. The left wing bed wetters all aghast that Obama had to comprise need to get over it. He didn't have the votes in the Senate to pass his tax break for the middle class and that's the bottom line. The GOP would have glady allowed the tax cuts to end on his watch, while slashing and burning UE benfits for millions. Then simply passed tax cuts in 2011 and told the ignorant American public that Obama wanted to raise their taxes, painting themselves as their saviors.

Sure Obama could have played chicken with these guys, but he would have lost anyway, and so would have millions of Americans who the GOP was holding hostage with their tax cut demands.

I can't believe these crybaby left bloggers, Obama has passed a lot of monumental legislation, including the Health Care act. Yet they act as if he's some turn coat for this. That's just stupid.
I voted for him for one reason and for one reason only. To get out of the middle east, but yet we are still there. The wars in the middle east do not seem to get any press lately.

That is all that was discussed by the democrats leading up to the election. There is absolutely no discussion of the wars now that he has been elected. I, along with many independent voters, voted for him to end the wars and hold those accountable for dragging us into the wars under false pretense. I think that should be what should be front and center right now.

If he wants to be reelected, this is what he must do.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:45 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,584,267 times
This has been known for a while. Independents such as myself have turned away from Obama in droves. He's completely vulnerable. I was even prepared to hold my nose and cast a vote for Hillary in 2012 if that's what it took to remove him.....right up until the Wikileaks documents came out. Honestly, the most important thing to come out of those last cables was it killed any chance Hillary has of EVER becoming president, because her signature is on an awful lot of shady pieces of paper.

There are two things that would shock me. One is Obama winning his primary since he is no longer Obama the candidate and he can no longer energize those who are NOT merely his base like he could in 2008, since we've seen what he's really about now. The other is if Obama actually won the general election, which at this point seems like the longest of longshots, unless the GOP trots out some whackjob like WinkWinkYouBetcha or the Mormon or Newt Gingrich.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
I hope so. Obama has been nothing but a pushover to the right and a coward. I really hope a real leader like dean, grayson, weiner, or kucinich run. Though the hero lately has been sanders, i'd vote for him over obama in a second.
The best thing about Kucinich is that we'd have 4 years of a SMOKIN' hot First Lady. I guess there are worse things. But Denny doesn't stand a chance, because he's too reasonable.

And Sanders isn't a Democrat. He just leans slightly to the left, though I do like him...for the most part.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:47 PM

37,121 posts, read 42,189,292 times
Both parties are scrapping the bottom of the barrel so that may be why Obama stays. He got in primarily to get rid of the Republicans who had been there for 8 years. And that happened. But unless someone, somewhere, actually has a strong candidate with a solid plan that can be implemented (thats the tricky part) and is loved by almost everyone I doubt there will be another change. Things are too fractured.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I would sooo love to see any one of those clowns run.. They couldn't come up with one brain cell between them..
If they were to run, the election would be canceled and the WH would be awarded to the GOP for lack of effort by the lefties... A forfeit if you will....
Bravo, President Palin... may you live long and prosper as our nation will under your leadership....
\

WinkWinkYouBetcha has about as much chance of winning as I do. Sorry, but having a nice set of legs does not qualify you to be president.

Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
The best thing about Kucinich is that we'd have 4 years of a SMOKIN' hot First Lady. I guess there are worse things. But Denny doesn't stand a chance, because he's too reasonable.

And Sanders isn't a Democrat. He just leans slightly to the left, though I do like him...for the most part.
I would agree to all. The question then becomes who is a good candidate? Dean?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Do you really believe that? I sure don't.

She may disavow any interest in future public service, but a "Draft Hillary" movement would be irresistable to her...especially if her minions orchestrated it behind the scenes!
She wouldn't stand a chance. The WikiLeaks cables ruined any chance she had of ever becoming president. Her signature is on far too much ammunition for opponents now. She can claim that she's leaving public office of her own accord after she's done as Sec. of State, but the reality is she knows Julian Assange completely killed any chance she had of ever becoming president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies