Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should C-D posters be arrested for re-posting Wikileaks info?
Darn tootin'. Lock up the cyber terrorists. 15 15.15%
No way. Let freedom ring. 80 80.81%
Diggedy. Oh, still not sure. 4 4.04%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM

20,831 posts, read 17,015,172 times

Advertisements

That is why (in case you have not yet figured it out) that this matter is huge. it's about the ability of human beings to run their own lives, and create their own world free of despotic tyranny is any form...

Courage Batman.

" government by the people for the people"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 12:06 PM

And if you disagree with them they put you in a cell. That is a scary feeling. Ask Nelson. And for us it's easier to keep our mouths shut and when posters on CD want people arrested for talking about leaked documents you KNOW that these fascists monsters are next in line at the Safeway.

Have a nice day = you disagree with the powers we will lock yer butt up.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,416,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
And if you disagree with them they put you in a cell. That is a scary feeling. Ask Nelson. And for us it's easier to keep our mouths shut and when posters on CD want people arrested for talking about leaked documents you KNOW that these fascists monsters are next in line at the Safeway.

Have a nice day = you disagree with the powers we will lock yer butt up.
Blah, blah, blah. Nobody is suggesting arresting anyone for talking about this. It IS however, illegal to possess stolen property. We can argue this one all day if you want, it won't change the law.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Nobody is suggesting arresting anyone for talking about this. It IS however, illegal to possess stolen property. We can argue this one all day if you want, it won't change the law.
Take a good look peeps. This is the government talking. dismissive and hopeless. the opposite of life itself.

Let me know if and when you wake up SourD from your comfortable dream.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:15 PM

14,895 posts, read 8,521,773 times
Quote:
The point that everyone is missing is this. It IS illegal to have stolen property in YOUR possession! Why can't people understand this? BTW, every government on the panet is corrupt and America is nowhere near most of them.
What are you talking about ... ? Are you crazy? Nowhere near as corrupt as most of them? JESUS, our government has military personnel stationed in 175 of those countries! 175 ! WE RUN MOST OF THEM .... and when they don't OBEY, we either crush them FINANCIALLY or MILITARILY.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What are you talking about ... ? Are you crazy? Nowhere near as corrupt as most of them? JESUS, our government has military personnel stationed in 175 of those countries! 175 ! WE RUN MOST OF THEM .... and when they don't OBEY, we either crush them FINANCIALLY or MILITARILY.
Yeah, we are just so horrible. Thought about moving out of this terrible country yet?

Old 12-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Take a good look peeps. This is the government talking. dismissive and hopeless. the opposite of life itself.

Let me know if and when you wake up SourD from your comfortable dream.
Here you go clueless. Here's what the Prime Minister of Australia had to say about Mr. Assange:

Quote:
"The foundation stone of it is an illegal act. Information was taken and that was illegal. So, let's not try and put any glosses on this," Gillard said. "It would not happen, information would not be on WikiLeaks if there had not been an illegal act undertaken."
VOA | Wikileaks Founder Arrested in London | News | English

Old 12-07-2010, 12:35 PM

Like I said Sour. Rather than have your own thoughts you quote gov't news.

Someone needs to listen to the White Album and hook up with the ways things actually are big time.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Like I said Sour. Rather than have your own thoughts you quote gov't news.

Someone needs to listen to the White Album and hook up with the ways things actually are big time.
Oh please, listen to some hippie music to see how things really are? Now I understand where your logic comes from.

Let's see, have your own thoughts eh? Like I am making up the illegality of this? It is you that can't stand that what this guy did was illegal to begin with, you just just can't bare that fact?

Old 12-07-2010, 01:06 PM

14,895 posts, read 8,521,773 times
Quote:
Yeah, we are just so horrible. Thought about moving out of this terrible country yet?
I did not insinuate "WE" ... I am suggesting "THEY" are horrible.

"WE" in the generic sense are just STUPID.

And, after eliminating the 175 as potential alternatives ... which would you recommend?

You see .... the difference between us is that I'd rather stay in MY COUNTRY .. and kick the evil ones out. Let THEM go find another country. How bout that idea? Isn't that a better idea than your choice to pretend "THEY" don't exist?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies