Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 12:00 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
ATF, if I recall.

The National Police had prior knowledge, but couldn't stop it by finding the bombs placed inside?
BATFE was involved yes, but another alphabet agency had offices that were not occupied. Federal judges also received a warning more than a week in advance and were not in the building. The whole Nichols/McVeigh/middle east group had been infiltrated by agents before the bombing occurred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 01:21 AM

202 posts, read 352,952 times
Wow. Anyone continuing to buy the bull**** lies spit out by our government must be in serious denial.
Are there a plethora of ridiculous conspiracy theories out there that deserve to be dismissed? Of course, it's a little thing called disinfo. Is the government's official version of what happened at Oklahoma city and 911 anything more than a conspiracy theory? No. And if you look at their conspiracy theory on 911 vs. the Israel Did It conspiracy theory. The Israel one makes much much more sense. Dispute that debunkers and skeptics.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:42 AM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Ignorance of conspiracies is dangerous, too.
Especially, when all the facts are in print, in the public record, available at any county courthouse law library.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:47 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
BATFE was involved yes, but another alphabet agency had offices that were not occupied. Federal judges also received a warning more than a week in advance and were not in the building. The whole Nichols/McVeigh/middle east group had been infiltrated by agents before the bombing occurred.
The children were sacrificed.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:20 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
I guess you missed the Jesse Ventura "Conspiracy Theories" (or whatever its called ) episode on that one....

It's all ridiculous.
I saw youtube on that-- my TV hasn't been plugged into a wall since just before Obama was to announce he was running for office. My news comes in print on the net, and occassional consult of video feed. Weeds out the PAC ad exposure and 500 channels of infomercials.
Is it all ridiculous? I don't think so. Let's look at the map they mean to make and consider the ramifications. It doesn't look kosher to me and my Jewish friends tend to agree. So much for zionist conspiracy. Maybe that label belongs to a select group of individuals but it in no way represents jews. That's the problem with our mis-representation system. Crap gets to hide out behind a cloak of decency and any attempt at calling a spade a spade makes people nuts because they claim you're attacking the decent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
The left's self appointed god Soros and many other demi gods of the left are openly speaking about wanting a New World Order.
Speaking of gods, shouldn't people calling themselves Christians be letting go of golden calves sometime soon?
Whomever these people are (on left AND right), I listen to them. That doesn't mean I agree with them. I'll pretend you put the question to me right now. My answer is under no circumstances am I willing to part with American sovereignty. I had the option of checking out of this country heading to NZ. I knew myself better. I'd only be standing on their beach staring off pining away for America. This is my country, and I'd rather be penniless here than wealthy anywhere else. If it means my shotgun comes off the wall, so be it. Don't mess with Mamma bear or things will get ugly.

Old 12-08-2010, 06:48 AM

88,582 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m92tiger View Post
Wow. Anyone continuing to buy the bull**** lies spit out by our government must be in serious denial.
Are there a plethora of ridiculous conspiracy theories out there that deserve to be dismissed? Of course, it's a little thing called disinfo. Is the government's official version of what happened at Oklahoma city and 911 anything more than a conspiracy theory? No. And if you look at their conspiracy theory on 911 vs. the Israel Did It conspiracy theory. The Israel one makes much much more sense. Dispute that debunkers and skeptics.
Well, maybe people would look into an Israeli connection if the CT proponents didn't try to bolster their cases with false retarded stories that are easily disproven, like "No Jews were in the WTC on 9/11." I still come across bozos from time to time who really believe that to be true.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:03 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
How many "coincidences" need to happen before some realize that it is NOT a conspiracy theory but a full blown conspiracy? There are few going on as we speak within the current administration.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:09 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,193,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
I think you've missed one more criteria Tn. It's the classified folder I hide behind hinting (just a secret between you and I) within lay a nuclear arsenal too sensitive for the light of day to see, only to discover years later it was an empty folder. It was a manufactured license to do with whatever I pleased selling the masses perpetual states of fear.

So I ask you today, what on earth could genuinely be so sensitive in JFK's file that it needs to remain closed? Are we just waiting on all the witnesses who signed affidavits to die off so that it will not be able to be verified? I rest my case.
Indeed, and isn't this the beauty and power of calling something a conspiracy theory? While everyone is going nuts wondering what is in the empty folder, there are 10 other folders being opened, some with things in them, some with nothing. Everyone is kept busy and focused on the empty folders and the moment someone gets close to something more notable, just call them a conspiracy nut.

Now to your reference, consider that the government sold the American people a conspiracy theory and they bought it. Yes Saddam has these weapons that will make your skin fall off and is on the verge of nuking NY City, so act now and give us the power and authority to get'em before he gets us. It worked, because it usually always works. It is being employed now with the hopes of finding a cause to get us into Iran.

Essentially what this magicians trick was, getting us neck deep into the Middle East militarily by the theme, "better to ask for forgiveness than permission". I disagree with their goal, but I don't entirely disagree with the method in general as the general population is rather ignorant of foreign matters. Yes I realize that in the wake of such catastrophic events, I am defending something that for most is indefensible, but it can be used wisely just as easily as it can be used irresponsibly. After all, look around here or among the general population, do you honestly feel that Joe the plumber has a firm grasp of the political nuances of foreign policy?

As to the whole Kennedy thing, haven't a clue but think of how much time has been invested in this conspiracy theory. Hypothetically speaking, what if the public were to find out that members of the US government, CIA, mafia and whomever else, all killed a President of the United States. What would their reactions be? What level of trust would they forever have in their government and its various agencies from then on out?

Remember the conspiracy theory of General Smedley Butler? People like to point to Eisenhower's farewell speech where he coined the term "the military industrial complex", but this complex was well established long long before even Ike. As General Butler revealed in his book, people in the government approached him to take part in a coup to overthrow a US President. Sound a lot like events surrounding Kennedy doesn't it. However, the point is the power of never knowing and mere speculation. Keeping people guessing is keeping people busy, while their pockets are getting picked.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
The children were sacrificed.
Not the first time the BATF has employed THAT maneuver.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies