Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 12:03 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,010,362 times

Advertisements

In looking at two of your most recent threads it seems you advocate everyone that disagrees with your political ideology should either be sent off to war in a foreign country or branded as an enemy combatant.

I realize you're a liberal and as such believe yours are the only valid viewpoints but try as I might the only thing I see you advocating being liberally applied is government enforced silencing of all those that disagree with you.

Where is your oft proclaimed liberal tolerance?

What's next, a thread suggesting all of us that disagree with you be sent to gulags?

Last edited by outbacknv; 12-12-2010 at 12:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 12:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
It's astounding to me that you believe yourselves above the law thinking any law you create would or ought to apply to someone else but not yourselves. Living out that fantasy of exclusive club America in your heads has a nasty way of catching up with you.
Isn't our Congress doing just that with looking to invent a law that Assange broke so they can "bring him to justice" and shut down wikileaks ?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:09 PM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by henrjam View Post
I happened to watch Megyn Kelly on a couple of occasions and each times I was struck by how aggressive she was. This has more to do with the behavior of someone frantically fighting for a cause, than proper journalism.
I can see why some people might think this

Now let's look at it from another point of view

Here is a classic example on how some people 'Dodge'
a real simple question

O'Reilly Grills Rangel Over Ethics Violations - FoxNews.com

Just Saying

Old 12-12-2010, 10:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I didn't know that old Spooky Dude had been on BBC.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:36 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Why doesn't FOX news report the news?

FOX absent in reporting that Republicans voted against 9/11 rescue workers. Republicans, how in the world can your standards be so low in your preference for this news station? This is historically absurd.

Fox News Won't Admit that Republicans Voted Against 9/11 Rescue Workers | The Nation

Old 12-13-2010, 03:49 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,072,676 times
Actually they did report it already. But I am sure you failed realize that little fact. And I would have voted against that bill as well! WAYYY to much money for them. Most should already be getting some from their employers. Yes, they deserve some sort of extra, but the amount in the bill was way to much.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Just like MSNBC would wont discuss liberals who want to screw over middle class Americans by stealing tax money from their paychecks to pay for their massive and wasteful spending.

Fox is ranked no. 1 in ALL categories.

You must be one wrong side of the majority of us and watch MSNBC, the liberal commie network for anti Americans.

Deal with it, Fox is ranked No. 1 for a reason.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:53 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,880,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
FOX absent in reporting that Republicans voted against 9/11 rescue workers. Republicans, how in the world can your standards be so low in your preference for this news station? This is historically absurd.
Check your remote, I believe you have to mute button on...!

Old 12-13-2010, 04:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times
Why do any of them pick and chose what news they report and even how they report it? Why do they edit certain facts out and embelish upon others. They all do it. Its a business. They cater to who watches and what those who watch like. How else would MSNBC stay in business?
For those who bash on FOX and it is not my news station of choice, but, they do command the market share. Why? certainly the alleged neocons do not account for the majority of the television audience. Could it be that their programing is the most entertaining? That is what the news has evolved into. Entertainment programing.

Old 12-13-2010, 04:03 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Just like MSNBC would wont discuss liberals who want to screw over middle class Americans by stealing tax money from their paychecks to pay for their massive and wasteful spending.
What are you talking about?

Quote:
Fox is ranked no. 1 in ALL categories.
In what? Most distorted? Least journalistic integrity?

Quote:
You must be one wrong side of the majority of us and watch MSNBC, the liberal commie network for anti Americans.
LMAO

Quote:
Deal with it, Fox is ranked No. 1 for a reason.
Again, in what? Most blondehaired bimbos? Most "buy gold" commercials?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies