Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:11 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,042,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizNJ View Post
Bush wasn't a true conservative

He was never anti-America - Obama is. He was never anti-free market or anti-private sector - Obama is. He never used the race card as Obama continues to do on a regular basis.
Proof that Obama is anti-American.
Proof that Obama is anti-free market or private sector.
Proof that he uses the race card perpetually.

Bet'cha can't come up with any.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 08:21 AM

37,837 posts, read 21,927,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everyone is watching the puppet show, but no eyes are on the puppet masters.

Obama actually won and he knows it.

Extending unemployment in which the States are responsible for, putting States further in debt.
I agree, too many people think 0bama lost something here.

0bama came to the republicans with a weak threat, that he would raise taxes. 0bama gained a bunch of reelection campaign talking points, and massive unemployment redistribution, which goes onto the backs of the states. All the republicans got in return was the status quo, no tax increases, no tax decreases.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:52 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I agree, too many people think 0bama lost something here.

0bama came to the republicans with a weak threat, that he would raise taxes. 0bama gained a bunch of reelection campaign talking points, and massive unemployment redistribution, which goes onto the backs of the states. All the republicans got in return was the status quo, no tax increases, no tax decreases.

This is where States no longer have any power in our Federal Government.
Elected Senators by the same special interest that elect the House, leaves the States interest off the table, with no representation.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:53 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,913,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Funny how during the Bush presidency, you couldn't say a bad word about Bush without getting conservatives all in a tizzy. Now that he's gone, i can't find a Republican who liked him. Wierd.

In any case, i've never understood why Repubs have so much beef with Obama. He's been Republican-light for the last 2 years. Tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan, extended the tax cuts, isn't for gay marriage, continued with TARP, hasn't ended DODT, continued the Patriot Act provisions (that Repubs now hate all of a sudden) coddles the bankers and big business...why are the righties still crying like little girls?
I would have to agree. It is kind of sickening. I believe he has taken his base for granted. I wonder if there are any democrats in the congress that remember their base. We will see.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:14 AM

565 posts, read 484,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I would have to agree. It is kind of sickening. I believe he has taken his base for granted. I wonder if there are any democrats in the congress that remember their base. We will see.
Considering the last election result, it seems that their base doesn't remember them.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:22 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,303,209 times
Quote:
Funny how during the Bush presidency, you couldn't say a bad word about Bush without getting conservatives all in a tizzy. Now that he's gone, i can't find a Republican who liked him. Wierd.

In any case, i've never understood why Repubs have so much beef with Obama. He's been Republican-light for the last 2 years. Tripled the number of troops in Afghanistan, extended the tax cuts, isn't for gay marriage, continued with TARP, hasn't ended DODT, continued the Patriot Act provisions (that Repubs now hate all of a sudden) coddles the bankers and big business...why are the righties still crying like little girls?
The better question is, why do any liberals still like the man? Let's face it, he's a failure on ALL fronts. I wish it were more gratifying to say we told you so, but we told you so.

Hope!

Change!!

Let's all sing now... O-bahhhh-maa O-bahhhh-maa O-bahhhh-maa

Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,303,209 times
Quote:
Proof that Obama is anti-American.
Proof that Obama is anti-free market or private sector.
Proof that he uses the race card perpetually.

Bet'cha can't come up with any.
Really?

He sat in a racists', America-hating pastor's church for 20 years and yet people still claim he's not anti-American or a racist?

He pal'ed around with a known terrorist, Bill Ayers, and he's not anti-American?

He repeatedly makes comments about the "greed" of the private sector, limits their compensation, and he's not anti-private sector?

He has expanded the size and role of the public sector while doing nothing to aid the private sector, and he's not anti-free market?

He must be the Teflon President!

Old 12-08-2010, 09:29 AM

37,837 posts, read 21,927,834 times
Quote:
that is because your perspective changed. We disagreed with Bush on a lot of things while he was president, but all you guys were concentrating on the war, Plame Gate and such. Plus we did defend him from some of the most vicious personal attacks against him.

Quote:
Only to a lib is giving the generals 25% of the minimum number of troops they needed in Afghanistan, is considered giving into the right. 0bama changed the purpose of TARP, was to cowardly to raise taxes on the rich, created $3 trillion in new debt, created 45,000 new federal jobs, created a new trillion dollar federal program in 0bamaCare, bought up two of the big three auto companies, gave billions to unions... and you claim this equals 0bama as Republican-light?

Old 12-08-2010, 09:31 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,783,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
He has virtually carried forward everything that Bush left.

The wars in the middle east are still going and today the Bush tax cuts for the rich still continue.

Obama's base officially left him today. It is over. I doubt very seriously if he will get the democratic nomination.

He is toast. Maybe since he knows he will be leaving he will grow a pair.
You mean you didn't like the CHANGE?

Old 12-08-2010, 11:08 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,913,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
You mean you didn't like the CHANGE?
What change?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies