Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2010, 11:49 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,759,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Is the KKK leaking classified information? Somehow I doubt it. Silly queston as it is an apples and nuclear bomb comparison. One might be rotten to the core but the other may do real harm.

I suspect most companies don't want the US and other governments coming down on them in court for aiding and abbetting and international agent of espionage in his deeds. How would they (MC/Visa) explain that involvement/responsibility to their stockholders?

Did Wikileaks target a specific group of people and terrorize/torture/kill them? The only one being silly here is you. Whether or not Wikileaks is malicious is neither here nor there but you trying to justify MC and Visa lending their services to the KKK is pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2010, 11:57 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You think the government didn't pressure them ?
Honestly...shareholders....

Boeing cowered on 911.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:59 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineties Flava View Post
Did Wikileaks target a specific group of people and terrorize/torture/kill them? The only one being silly here is you. Whether or not Wikileaks is malicious is neither here nor there but you trying to justify MC and Visa lending their services to the KKK is pathetic.
Some people support domestic terror, while others, support foreign terror.

Some folks support both.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:10 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
A better question is why is the OP even trying to compare the two? It simply makes no sense.

Does CAIR have a MC/Visa account? Do the New Black Panthers? Does any US government agency?

If you want to label everyone a terrorist then start a long list because the KKK isn't even a pimple on that butt of irrelevance.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
A better question is why is the OP even trying to compare the two? It simply makes no sense.

Does CAIR have a MC/Visa account? Do the New Black Panthers? Does any US government agency?

If you want to label everyone a terrorist then start a long list because the KKK isn't even a pimple on that butt of irrelevance.

... correct me if I'm wrong, but... did you just say that the KKK doesn't weigh in on the scale of TERRORISM? Did you really just say that? You don't consider terrorizing, torturing and killing thousands of American citizens blatant acts of TERRORISM? And you somehow still justify MC and Visa lending a KNOWN homegrown terrorist organization their services?

Wow.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:22 AM

Quote:

And no, it makes every bit of sense. MC and Visa are presumably pulling their services from Wikileaks because of "terrorism charges". Newsflash... it doesn't get much more TERRORIST than the KKK.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:36 AM

Quote:
And no, it makes every bit of sense. MC and Visa are presumably pulling their services from Wikileaks because of "terrorism charges". Newsflash... it doesn't get much more TERRORIST than the KKK.
Really? I thought they had dropped into the abyss of irrelevence. What have they actually done in the past 25 years other than a few parades?

If the subject is MC/Visa and Wikileaks then stick to it and don't confuse the issue by trying to pull in a race card and the KKK too. Seriously, get a grip.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Really? I thought they had dropped into the abyss of irrelevence. What have they actually done in the past 25 years other than a few parades?

If the subject is MC/Visa and Wikileaks then stick to it and don't confuse the issue by trying to pull in a race card and the KKK too. Seriously, get a grip.

Read the OP again. Read the thread title. Somehow I think the KKK was part of the subject the whole time

And where did I pull that race card from again? Yeah, that's what I thought. Your entire argument is pathetic.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Read the OP again. Read the thread title. Somehow I think the KKK was part of the subject the whole time

And where did I pull that race card from again? Yeah, that's what I thought. Your entire argument is pathetic.
I think the OP, and yourself have missed the larger picture completely while focusing on irrelevent information. That is what is pathetic, embarrasing even.

Old 12-08-2010, 12:55 AM

Quote:
I think the OP, and yourself have missed the larger picture completely while focusing on irrelevent information. That is what is pathetic, embarrasing even.

No, not really. A company that pulls its services from one terrorist organization while lending its services to another is an ethical ****-up of a company. You're embarrassing yourself by defending them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies