Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 06:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Yes, Bush took most of his 8 years off. Way more than Obama. It just seems that people notice when Obama is taking a vacation but didn't seem to care when Bush did.
Not much to say to this other than bull...., this country is so in love with this president that they are most likely not going to point out the bad. Even the spin doctors can't keep up with this guy.
What are his approval ratings? I'm glad I didn't vote for this one....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2011, 04:19 PM
M66

7 posts, read 3,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bush was right.

I don't pay attention to polls. They are meaningless.

Its like a high school popularity contest & right now Mr. Barack "H" Obama ain't doing so hot either.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:17 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
A recent presidential poll lists the favorite presidents of the American people as follows:

2. Ronald Reagan, Republican, (Not my favorite, but I have to admit the guy connected well with the American people).

4. George H. W. Bush, Republican, (I liked him. He's the last Republican I ever voted for as President)

6. Jimmy Carter, Democrat, (A very moral man who has done many good works in his life. Unfortunately, his Presidency involved the Hostage Crisis and a severe economic recession that made his reelection impossible)
For me, when Bush senior and Reagan conspire to supply Iran weapons if they hold the hostages, amounts to no less than treason. This is their lasting legacy for which they will never be held accountable... what a shame.

trea·son 

–noun 1. the offense of acting to overthrow one's government or to harm or kill its sovereign.

2. a violation of allegiance to one's sovereign or to one's state.

3. the betrayal of a trust or confidence; breach of faith; treachery.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 AM

131 posts, read 209,148 times
Iran-Contra is one of the worst things this country has ever done and everyone involved should be rotting in a cell. Big Papa Bush is not my friend. **** Ollie North while we're at it.

Jimmy Carter... If only he hadn't bailed on Nader's consumer protection agency.

Old 01-03-2011, 06:43 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
A recent presidential poll lists the favorite presidents of the American people as follows:

1. John F. Kennedy, Democrat, (Great orator and speaker, but overrated by any measure)

2. Ronald Reagan, Republican, (Not my favorite, but I have to admit the guy connected well with the American people).

3. Bill Clinton, Democrat, (I actually think he was a good, not great President)

4. George H. W. Bush, Republican, (I liked him. He's the last Republican I ever voted for as President)

5. Gerald Ford, Republican, (A really decent guy who was an accidental President. He might have been very good if he had been elected to a term of his own)

6. Jimmy Carter, Democrat, (A very moral man who has done many good works in his life. Unfortunately, his Presidency involved the Hostage Crisis and a severe economic recession that made his reelection impossible)

7. George W. Bush, Republican, (I can't stand him. He started at least one war that he shouldn't have that cost this country a trillion dollars. His Presidency was marked by a "divisiveness" where he believed if he had one more vote in Congress than his opponents than 100% of his agenda should prevail. He never seemed to understand that effective politicians compromise. In the end his presidency was marked by a 30% approval rating and widespread vilification)

8. Richard Nixon, Republican, (a strangely effective President who was utterly immoral. His deep paranoid instincts are probably what lead to the Watergate cover-up which destroyed his Presidency)
Oh where to start. So you dislike Nixon because he was immoral, but Clinton and Kennedy get a pass? Interesting. And Carter gets a pass, not because of anything HE did, but because of the times. And you hate GW Bush, yet he entered into a war that Congress supported, and you think he was thwarted re his agenda only because he lacked one vote. Have you even noticed the guy in charge now? He has the votes, and he's shoving away. And if he doesn't have votes, he legislates by appointment.

We'll see how history sees these guys down the road. They've haven't been out of office long enough to see the reality. Heck, most of them are still alive.

I also question this poll, since there's nobody on there earlier than Kennedy.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:28 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Nobody loved Kennedy until he got killed either.
PS, Kennedy was a fiscal conservative that lowered taxes.
And didn't have the current US debt to repay.

Old 01-04-2011, 10:43 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,483,876 times
Five pages and no link to said poll??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies