Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 07:56 PM

23,416 posts, read 36,998,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
I don't have any rage against the reality tv "star", sanrene, but I just don't think she's as important as she thinks she is. And as someone else above asked, what on earth were her and Todd's CC info doing on her facebook account? Facebook gets hacked all the time.
If she was that incredibly stupid as to have that info on a site like FB, she deserves to be hacked.
What a maroon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2010, 07:57 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
I don't have any rage against the reality tv "star", sanrene, but I just don't think she's as important as she thinks she is. And as someone else above asked, what on earth were her and Todd's CC info doing on her facebook account? Facebook gets hacked all the time.
If you would have taken the time to actually read the links and the facts of the story, you would realize it wasn't. But no, that would be too hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
If she was that incredibly stupid as to have that info on a site like FB, she deserves to be hacked.
What a maroon.
See above...read a little, learn a little about that which you think you know about.

No rage? Look at all the threads about her, including your newest one. You seem to think every single little move and utterance she makes is pretty important.

Old 12-08-2010, 07:58 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,717,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If you would have taken the time to actually read the links and the facts of the story, you would realize it wasn't. But no, that would be too hard.

No rage? Look at all the threads about her, including your newest one. You seem to think she's pretty important.
I normally don't click the linkies that you supply, sanrene--had a bad experience with that awhile back and it took some time to get my computer back to normal afterwards.

Rage isn't the only motivator concerning the creation of new threads, either (though it does seem that most of the time it's yours). I merely find the subject to be of interest.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:
I normally don't click the linkies that you supply, sanrene--had a bad experience with that awhile back and it took some time to get my computer back to normal afterwards.
Foxy Proxy just squawked at one of those links on my laptop, good idea.
Theres a particularly nasty win32 virus thats making the rounds right now.....just sayin.......

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM

Quote:

Rage isn't the only motivator concerning the creation of new threads, either (though it does seem that most of the time it's yours). I merely find the subject to be of interest.
Yeah, right. Allergic to ABC News now, NY Times? Just an excuse to continue to deny the truth of the story.

I never get angry, btw. I consider it a service to post about the news of the day...the scandals, the lies, the controversies.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:13 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,191,949 times
Quote:
Isn't this the same group of far leftists who claim free sppech for one and all? Transparency? No secret should be safe? And yet, when Palin took to her vehicle of free speech, her Facebook page to denounce Assange and his tactics, his supporters/hackers want to deny her the free speech they claim for Assange and Wikileaks by attacking her personal information and website.

How could this be?

Exclusive: Sarah Palin Under Cyber-Attack from Wikileaks Supporters in 'Operation Payback' - Political Punch

First of all, prove or show evidence that these people are "leftist". If you cannot prove it was "leftist" attacking Palin's free speech, then you are simply making up some fantasy tale.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:19 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,781,454 times
Quote:
So now she is not allowed to voice her opinion? Why didn't the same happen to Feinstein, who said he should be prosecuted or the other "pundits" who say he should be arrested for espionage? I don't see attacks on them.
Free speech? The right to yell fire in a crowded theater is NOT protected speech. The same way declaring open season and hang em high before a jury gets convened is not an entitlement of free speech.

Perhaps the point could be made clearer if I offered a 2 cent reward to anyone willing to assassinate Palin. You people are beyond out of control. Way beyond the pale.

Quote:
Added Mansour, “the governor voiced her opinion knowing full well that she was speaking out against a shady disreputable organization with no regard for laws or human life. This is how they operate. The world should not be intimidated by them.â€
More puffery. She quits her job as Governor and still gets to keep the job title. All of the glamor, none of the responsibility. Conduct yourselves egregiously with authoritarian airs and crown yourselves heroes. Despicable vile faux leadership. A disgrace to the Republican name. Shame!

Old 12-08-2010, 08:30 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,319,728 times
Quote:
So, you're ok with cyber terrorists hacking into her website and messing with her personal financial information...just because she happened to voice her opinion about assange, wikileaks and the damage it caused the US?
It is not as though the Government hacked her.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
It is not as though the Government hacked her.
It was probably bored teenagers.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
First of all, prove or show evidence that these people are "leftist". If you cannot prove it was "leftist" attacking Palin's free speech, then you are simply making up some fantasy tale.
Ummm....I think it's fairly obvious this bunch from anonymous are far, far leftists. I mean surely you wouldn't consider them conservatives or moderates would you? They are out to undermine US foreign policy, they are against both wars, any war really, they are set against exposing all of the US "secrets". Assange IS a hero for this group and others like it, they completely support what he is doing. They claim to support the free-speech of wikileaks, that put our men, women servicing this nation at great peril with the drip, drip, drip of classified, sensitive diplomatic cables, defense information, war documents.

Will you really try to deny this isn't the work of far leftists? Where do you think assange falls in the political spectrum?

According to ABC, this same group that attacked Paypal, MC and the others, is the same group that attacked Palin's website. Tapper put up a screenshot of the file found in the log files of the server.

I mean, what more proof do you need?

The claim to want to protect the free speech of people like assange, but then go on to launch a cyber attack against an individual that happened to criticize assange. They are on the same page as assange, who has no problem, exposing US classified/sensitive documents. He is anti-war, the far left is vehemently anti-war. He is anti-US, so is the far-left.

Quote:
Added Mansour, “the governor voiced her opinion knowing full well that she was speaking out against a shady disreputable organization with no regard for laws or human life. This is how they operate. The world should not be intimidated by them.”
Quote:
More puffery. She quits her job as Governor and still gets to keep the job title. All of the glamor, none of the responsibility. Conduct yourselves egregiously with authoritarian airs and crown yourselves heroes. Despicable vile faux leadership. A disgrace to the Republican name. Shame!
The above seems to bother you, but not once have I heard you are bothered by the leaking of classified/sensitive information that puts our operations, facilities, men and women in danger.

What about this;

Quote:
Added Mansour, “the governor voiced her opinion knowing full well that she was speaking out against a shady disreputable organization with no regard for laws or human life. This is how they operate. The world should not be intimidated by them.”
bothers you so much? I guess you don't share her opinion of assange and wikileaks.

Last edited by sanrene; 12-08-2010 at 09:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies