Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should Don't Ask Don't Tell be repealed?
Yes, repeal it and allow gays to serve openly in the military 40 68.97%
No, keep the law in place 16 27.59%
Not sure 2 3.45%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:20 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Sore loser Murkowski is a power-hungry RINO.
You misspelled "Senator". Which is what Murkowski is and Joe Miller won't be.

As for who's a sore loser, this is what Joe Miller's campaign claims can't possibly be a valid vote:

Joe Miller's staff are claiming, with a straight face, that this ballot was marked by a voter who didn't intend to vote for Lisa Murkowski. That's not even accounting for the fact that if the ballot shown above and all the others challenged by Miller's noble defenders of democracy were thrown out, he'd still lose.

The electorate spoke. Miller was whupped.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 12:11 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,449,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
yes repeal it, then we can say not gays AT ALL in the military

they cant CONFORM to military life

DADT is the ONLY way gays will be allowed
Oh please what a load of venom spewed hate....

Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,126,788 times
This thread makes me wonder what kind of showers Republicans are taking these days....

Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
This one is also pro-choice and supports fed funding of stem cell research.

She's a "maverick" from Alaska.

What more is there to say.

The loony tune Bradley Manning who dumped the documents on Wikileaks is openly gay and had access to classified documents. You can't trust them (the gays) with classified documents, one emotional episode and they turncoat on the country. It's best that "we don't ask, and you don't have to tell". That way you keep your sexual business private and it doesn't become an issue when you foul up the integrity of the nation. Besides, all that Al Quaida needs is to know we've got gays serving openly on the hallowed ground of their Muslim lands. We'd have to pack every humvee with tons of porkfat just to keep them alive. That is a political problem waiting to happen. The policy should stay in place for reasons of national security and troop security. PERIOD.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:33 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
I have no problem with anybody on a personal level..but the fact is on a PROFESSIONAL level, as a leader, we have to look at the logistics of the situation

less than 1% of all americans have been in the military

military is different than civilian world

in the military a officer can NOT fraternize(date) with an enlisted...doesnt matter whetether its hetro or samesex

in the military you can not HOUSE an officer with an enlisted, or a member of the opposite sex (things change when you are in tentcity in a combat zone)

yes I spent over 25 years in the military, retired in 05 as a First Sergeant

when a first sergeant is looking to house a soldier in the barracks, they have to look at many different situations...is this soldier a senior enlisted, are they an officer, are the male or female, what section do they work in....all these things EFFECT moral, and the cohesion of the unit and the soldiers.

let me ask you. if a openly gay male (who SELF-ADMITTINGLY says he is a she in a male body) where should that PETICULAR soldeir be housed??? where should that soldier shower, if the actual CASE is that (physically) he (feels) that he is a SHE in a male body????

its nice to just sit there at home and spew "repeal that bad law"....but do you REALLY understand the CONSEQUENSES of your spew???????

its not as cut and dry as most think
Point #1 - gays are not people who feel like they are trapped in another sex's body - that is transgender. Big difference, but a discussion about that is not germane to the topic at hand, so I'll leave it at that.

I understand that is presents challenges, but so did desegregation and allowing women to vote. I think most people would agree that those changes were worth the work it took to overcome the challenges associated with those issues, right?

Again the housing/bunking issue IS HAPPENING RIGHT NOW, the only difference is that YOU don't *know* for certain.

Equality is equality and there will always be pain during the adjustment, whether it happens today or 20 years from now. That's not an excuse to NOT do it, however.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:37 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,687,243 times
Lisa isn't a Republican, she is an Independent

Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
/\ Senator Murkowski is a Republican.

As for Joe Miller, even Sarah Palin has distanced herself from him.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,302,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Ah, yes. The cry of Joe Miller's fans - who is really the sore loser, not Murkowski.
Not so much a Miller fan (I didn't follow the campaign much) as I am not a fan of people who lose their primaries and then try to play spoiler in a 3-way race. In this case she actually pulled out a narrow win instead of being a spoiler but its the same concept. We saw RINO Christ do the same thing in Florida. 3-way races destroy the political process and make us end up with a crappy European-style disaster where no one has a majority vote-- not even the winner.
Quote:

Gay men and women are already in the military and sleeping in the same rooms together with straights and bisexuals.
Besides, how do you know who is gay and who is not?
You are quite right that it is already going on and that is why DADT was a lousy decision by Clinton that made no one happy. The previous policy of not allowing homosexuals in the military worked and even repealing DADT could work but I think then that there should be no gender seggregation at all. If sexual attraction supposably a problem between gays and straight men then it also shouldn't be a problem between men and women.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:52 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,686,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerbacon View Post
Not so much a Miller fan (I didn't follow the campaign much) as I am not a fan of people who lose their primaries and then try to play spoiler in a 3-way race. In this case she actually pulled out a narrow win instead of being a spoiler but its the same concept. We saw RINO Christ do the same thing in Florida. 3-way races destroy the political process and make us end up with a crappy European-style disaster where no one has a majority vote-- not even the winner.

Shortly after the primary, quite a bit of pretty unsavory things began to come to light concerning Joe Miller. Senator Murkowski's constituents asked her to reconsider running (she had already turned down the idea of running as an Independent or Libertarian).

Old 12-09-2010, 12:57 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,368,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
...The loony tune Bradley Manning who dumped the documents on Wikileaks is openly gay and had access to classified documents. You can't trust them (the gays) with classified documents, one emotional episode and they turncoat on the country....

So, by your logic, all Christians are racist. I mean, the KKK all claim to be Christians, right? There you have it, every Christian is a racist. Case closed.

Do you truly believe what you just typed? Honestly????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies