Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2010, 09:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,010,448 times

Advertisements

I have enjoyed studying politics, and kind of enjoy seeing the system, trends, and what people think and where it may be headed. I took a mild interest to this all many years ago when I was a teenager and it grew gradually. Demographics and beliefs and trends fascinate me and I enjoy good debate.. More often than not, I believe in not making battles between beliefs personal, but I am human and it does happen.

With that said, I have started losing interest in the political scheme again the last 2-4 years.. What is going on here and with me? Then I realized I had it right when I was 17 and just started learning about politics and how it all worked. I had the option right before I was turning 18 to register as any major political party, yet I went independent.. Then I always thought to myself, It sure seems like 2 main parties are going at it and not accomplishing anything.. I was right and it was because I didnt know much..

When you first learn about politics..It seems crazy and thankless to enter. If your surroundings and environment do not sway you too much to where you are influenced one way or another, you realize its a total mess..

Step out of the box, look at what you are reading in here.. I can read Republican and Democrat talking points on their web sites and see through this crap.. Its time for something to really change, and by that I do not mean change of power from one party to another. As can be seen the last 10+ years, that has not done any good regardless.

The last thing I will say on this is keep in mind, each time you go out there and argue with someone on a message board going "those stupid liberals, or those dumb conservatives" in reality, you are doing EXACTLY what the top 1% in this Country want you to do and not changing the realities or addressing the real issues. If it makes you feel great, then all the power to you, but I think I'd rather get the problems addressed, and the problems have only grown lately with this 2 party system we have now and greed and corruption on BOTH sides

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
A two party system that seems to be melding into one.
No matter which side is in power the same cronies benefit.

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,757,440 times
Oh, you mean you actually want INTELLIGENT political discussion? Sorry, wrong site.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 PM

*bump*

I guess arguing beyond talking points doesnt work well... Gotta love America

Old 12-09-2010, 12:53 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,366,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbtornado View Post
*bump*

I guess arguing beyond talking points doesnt work well... Gotta love America
What is so funny is that leaders of the pathetic parties will steal each other talking points. Listen to Obama and some of the {D}s now and you hear them defend "trickle down economics " by saying if the tax cuts are not passed we could face a double dip recession due to less consumer spending.

Old 12-09-2010, 03:28 PM

yea the democrats changed their views on that here just recently..Amazing huh??

The same can be said with the republicans when the economy was crashing in 2008 like Bush who were still in power too.. They had to intervene and help bail out billions to trillions.. What happend to being the party of less government??

Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Your no different then any of us, we all know the score, and so does the 2 current parties. That will both agree on one thing, they will never ever allow another party to happen.

Does not make a difference if you hate or like the tea-party, probably scares them to death. Any thing offered, that is different, and makes people listen, 2 parties agree, to make sure they are the only parties to vote from. Even if there were a 3rd party, will people have wisdom to vote, or vote their registered party.

Old 12-09-2010, 04:11 PM

952 posts, read 942,565 times
There are no perfect Political Partys, regardless which 3rd, 4th, or 10th Party joins the fray.

The choice is: do you prefer the imperfect representation and leadership of the Democrats....or the Republicans?

This sobering recognition is singularly the greatest argument for dramatically reducing Federal Government funding....and power.

The foolish who demand succor and unending Government programs, entitlements, and solutions to societal and personal problems,

....employ, and feed, the masons of our eventual prison
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies