Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 09:51 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times

Advertisements

My uncle used to say: You can forgive someone for being stupid. Not everyone is born intellegent.
IGnorance can never be forgiven. Ignorance is by choice. They see a better way but refuse to adapt.
People who continue having children they can't afford are in deed ignorant.
In this day and age everyone knows where babies come from and how they are made. We all know that we need to use birth control if we don't want a baby.
Some opt to ignore the facts and gamble. Once in a great while Birth control fails. About the same odds of winning the big lottery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 10:18 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Once in a great while Birth control fails. About the same odds of winning the big lottery.
I need to play the same lottery that you are, or can you recommend some condoms for me

Old 12-09-2010, 10:26 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
BUT

what is best for each species isn't necessarily each member of the species having as many offspring as possible.

See ants, for example.
Ants would be an example of a communist society. You have one leader, their soldiers, and every other worker happy and working. Of course they are all children of the same mother.

Sorry, free societies and mammals don't function quite that way.

What we've done is taken natural selection out of the process. We got these nice big brains by the best and brightest surviving longer. Now we have a society built where even the idiots can survive.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:28 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
Largely because there is no stigma anymore about being pregnant when you're 16 and unmarried. Or 26 and unmarried, having your 7th kid by 7 guys.

Another issue is the fact that the gov't has committed to providing for them. While it's a very noble thing to take care of the kids, momma can also work the system too easily.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:31 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Oh, why pretend... Everyone in this country knows we mean Mexicans or Central Americans when we talk about illegal immigrants. And sorry, Hispanic IS a different race.
What is a Negro from Central America??

Old 12-09-2010, 10:51 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,186 times
Quote:
While it's nice to read an uplifting post, the reality is there are not even enough jobs for the people ALIVE. And it's not like this world isn't over-populated anyway. I really wish we'd limit children to a max of two per person in the interest of population control and, besides, why bring children into such a dismal world at this point?
Why should we put a limit on how many children can be born per person?
I think that's kind of crazy. Sounds to me you'll be thumbs up when this "New World Order", organized & agreed among the "Illuminati", comes to past.
Population Control, New World Order Style

Limit on humanity is not a good thing. China's already adopted that principle, so sounds like you'd rather the US follow those footsteps, which can lead to the end of humanity & the beginning increase of the robot / false intelligence stage.
China One Child Policy - Overview of the One Child Policy in China

People should not be controlled, freedom to birth was given to us for a purpose. I just pray for certain ones who abuse this freedom, but I won't agree with taking away their rights!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:08 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Ants would be an example of a communist society. You have one leader, their soldiers, and every other worker happy and working. Of course they are all children of the same mother.

Sorry, free societies and mammals don't function quite that way.
There are plenty of mammal species where only certain members of a society are allowed to breed.

Quote:
What we've done is taken natural selection out of the process. We got these nice big brains by the best and brightest surviving longer. Now we have a society built where even the idiots can survive.
You have, as many others do, misread the idea of natural selection

Old 12-09-2010, 11:12 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,053,772 times
Quote:
I played by the rules. Don't have children unless you can afford to support them yourself.

Now I feel like an idiot. I am constantly bombarded with people who have kids who cannot afford them, are on public assistance due to them, or their kids suffer due to lack of birth control and common sense.

What gives?
Maybe they are Catholics and are not allowed to use birth control?

Old 12-09-2010, 11:58 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by harborlady View Post
You're wicked. The bible clearly states you must be fruitful and multiply or you are a useless woman. That's what I heard.
And the reality is that there is a large amount of truth in this statement. Many groups still adhere to this - Mormons, Orthodox Jews, traditional Catholics, some non-Catholic evangelicals - and sincerely believe that God will provide.

They are doing God's work having many children and in this land of religious freedoms, who are we to judge?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:05 PM

89,007 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And the reality is that there is a large amount of truth in this statement. Many groups still adhere to this - Mormons, Orthodox Jews, traditional Catholics, some non-Catholic evangelicals - and sincerely believe that God will provide.

They are doing God's work having many children and in this land of religious freedoms, who are we to judge?
Should they then not be turning to their religions/churches to support them instead of the secular government? If religious beliefs are the reason they are reproducing beyond their capacity to provide for their children themselves, we can eliminate government spending on welfare programs and direct those women and children to their respective churches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies