Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 11:04 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times

Advertisements

I asked a similar question in a thread here a while back about the democratic controlled congress since they took over in 2007 and got similar results.

The dems have controlled congress since 2007 and most people have felt the effect of them running things.

Add in one of those dems in Obama to the mix and a huge amount of people are worse off now then they were under Bush and the reps control.

Obama and the dems now have resided over 2 recessions in 4 years.

Obama promised if he were handed billions of dollars and some freedom that things would change. Well, they have, but for the worse.

Our country is getting worse under Obamas control. It is not getting any better.

Most Americans say they're worse off under Obama.

Not a surprise because his spending and policies have made things get worse instead of better.

Amazing how some find excuses for him knowing full well he has lost 9 million jobs, set records for foreclosures and bankruptcies, record welfare spending, record homeless etc etc etc.

Obama has been a total failure top to bottom and the majority of us know that.

Do not forget the dems have controlled America since 2007.

This mess is their baby and most of us know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 11:07 AM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You mean like the bailouts that Obama backed for Big Banks,Business,the Auto Industry,cash for clunkers and all his other pet tax payer funded bailouts , so millionares and billionaires could recieve even greater bonuses for inept business practices.

Bush approved of those bailouts and signed TARP.

Or trying to advance and pass Amnesty and the Dream Act to flood the workforce with more competion for the limited jobs market and further depress wages?

Bush had 8 years to close the border and had the best reason to due so 9/11!!! Yet they remained wide open and Bush stated that family values do not stop at the Rio Grande.

Or better yet suing Arizona for His Administration inability to secure the Borders?
This is done to keep the flow going so corporations can have a supply of low cost labor and further lower wages of Americans. Corporations rule and play the people as fools!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:25 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times
No better. No worse.

Even if my situation changed, I wouldn't credit or blame the President, when it all comes down to me.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:15 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Nothing is ever the fault of Obama. His policies have made to change to anyones lives. Guess if you live in a fairy tale

Thank you, i agree, the wittle sheeple who voted for him, i am more then convinced live in QUITE A FAIRY TALE LAND.

And the worn out tiresome excuses, are good and plenty! And no longer accepted.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is the fallout from the economic collapse three years ago under Bush. It takes time before people are laid off, use up their savings, etc.....

Seriously, anyone capable of critical thinking knows that much!

Cut the bullcrap please. We are talking about the mess our Annointed one got us in, with his spending habits, and stupid policies. We are not talking about 3 years ago, so get over that.

We are talking about the mess President Obama has gotten us in, he needs no help from anyone he has brought this economy down under his own measures, no one else, stop the excuses, and the worn out tiresome lame stupid ignorant remarks.

Wittle Sheeple, will follow him down a cliff.
I did not know anyone 3 years ago who were on the brink of losing jobs or a home or both, cut the bologna.

I know of more then 10 people since Obama took office, that have lost jobs, or a job and a home, or a small business.

Some after years of devotion have been demoted, but are now working the jobs of 2 people for the same pay, Did not happen under Bush's watch all under Obama. And these People i know who have lost jobs or a home or both, live thruout the U.S.

No more crap, face reality, Obama is not the ANSWER to the Change so many of you signed up for. Get real, stop living in a glas house, hate to tell you this, but yes, the glass has broken.

Old 12-09-2010, 12:31 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well, well, well, imagine that!

December 09, 2010, 12:02 AM EST

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- More than 50 percent of Americans say they are worse off now than they were two years ago when President Barack Obama took office, and two-thirds believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, a Bloomberg National Poll shows.

The survey, conducted Dec. 4-7, finds that 51 percent of respondents think their situation has deteriorated, compared with 35 percent who say they’re doing better. The balance isn’t sure. Americans have grown more downbeat about the country’s future in just the last couple of months, the poll shows. The pessimism cuts across political parties and age groups, and is common to both sexes.

Most Americans Say They’re Worse Off Under Obama, Poll Shows - BusinessWeek

Let's see

5t1% percent of respondents think their situation has deteriorated

Sample size is a miniscule 1,000 adults in a nation of 300,000,000

Margin of error is +/- 3.1%

Is the Bash Obama Crowd really this hard up for material?

Old 12-09-2010, 12:42 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Cut the bullcrap please. We are talking about the mess our Annointed one got us in, with his spending habits, and stupid policies. We are not talking about 3 years ago, so get over that.

We are talking about the mess President Obama has gotten us in, he needs no help from anyone he has brought this economy down under his own measures, no one else, stop the excuses, and the worn out tiresome lame stupid ignorant remarks.

Wittle Sheeple, will follow him down a cliff.
I did not know anyone 3 years ago who were on the brink of losing jobs or a home or both, cut the bologna.

I know of more then 10 people since Obama took office, that have lost jobs, or a job and a home, or a small business.

Some after years of devotion have been demoted, but are now working the jobs of 2 people for the same pay, Did not happen under Bush's watch all under Obama. And these People i know who have lost jobs or a home or both, live thruout the U.S.

No more crap, face reality, Obama is not the ANSWER to the Change so many of you signed up for. Get real, stop living in a glas house, hate to tell you this, but yes, the glass has broken.
What mess? Trying to keep Bush's economy from fully collapsing? Remember when Paulson looked like he had to go the the bathroom really bad while Bush was explaining why we needed a bailout immediately and no questions were to be asked where the money goes? Remember when congress was told to approve the bailout otherwise martial law would be enacted? Doesn't get much worse than that!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zefH78DvJvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHTfa7FPUmc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6KRXnYgu5I

Old 12-09-2010, 02:01 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,835,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That's because Liberals will always:
1. Blame Bush
2. Call you a Racist
3. Both 1 &2

If you question Obama's failures. When Bush was President the media went after him like rabid dogs(at times it was completely justified). People protested and burned images of him. Obama has largely been given a free pass by the Liberal media,but that's starting to change with his lack of results.
I'm a liberal and I blame George Washington. If he hasn't won, we'd all be Brits now. Or maybe Canadian. And Canada is cool.

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbw8OycJrE

Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on

We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart

Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM

8,357 posts, read 25,242,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well, well, well, imagine that!

December 09, 2010, 12:02 AM EST

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- More than 50 percent of Americans say they are worse off now than they were two years ago when President Barack Obama took office, and two-thirds believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, a Bloomberg National Poll shows.

The survey, conducted Dec. 4-7, finds that 51 percent of respondents think their situation has deteriorated, compared with 35 percent who say they’re doing better. The balance isn’t sure. Americans have grown more downbeat about the country’s future in just the last couple of months, the poll shows. The pessimism cuts across political parties and age groups, and is common to both sexes.

Most Americans Say They’re Worse Off Under Obama, Poll Shows - BusinessWeek
Well well well I am trying to imagine how a poll of only 1000 people out of 300 million represents the entirety of Public Opinion?

I, myself, am pretty much in the same spot; which is neither better nor worse. Everyone I know will say the same with a trend leading to "better".

Old 12-09-2010, 05:07 PM

8 posts, read 8,150 times
How can we bash him after such a short time? We gave Bush 8 years to dig this hole. Why didn't America wake up then? It has to be a game of waiting. If the glass has broken it will take time to create a new one, do we really want the cracked glass bonded together so that it can break down at the smallest stress?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies