Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:09 PM

10 posts, read 13,132 times

Advertisements

I couldn't care either way, but were we better off under 8 years of Bush and Halleburton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2010, 05:22 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Really?

I'm SHOCKED that people can completely ignore the disaster known as the years 2002-2008, the reckless spending the nation into a deep deficit over a vendetta war financed by China.....all the while, shipping America's future(aka jobs) overseas to India and Bangladesh for short term profits....then turn around and blame the man who is committed to correcting this near decade of Republican destruction. That's shocking!

Huh? Well during those years I

Had a GREAT paying job
Didn't have 35 forclosures in my neighborhood
Didn't know anyone that lost a job
and don't forget....I had healthcare insurance I COULD AFFORD.

But hey this is the Change years right?

Old 12-09-2010, 06:51 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,449,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
My wife gets to go to work tomorrow and tell her staff that many of them will have their pay effectively cut in half thanks to regulations pushed by the administration. Thanks Barry!

The irony is that I'm guessing 3/4ths of her staff voted for the clown.
But wait that must not be true. They said that would not happen! so then they are getting what they paid for so to speak.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12GO View Post
And do you forget that the economy while not great was holding steady under bush and the repubs while the rest of the world was in dire straights until the dems took over, which they preplanned a worst economy to help get the whitehouse back? You really should remember the economy didn't tank until AFTER the dems took over congress and rode thier ideas/policies into law. Now I will say I was disappointed bush didn't tell the dems to take a hike with clearly designed to hurt the economy policies. So it's 4 years of dems ruining the economy in my book. So yes, the moron stinking up the whitehouse who created more debt than the previous presidents combined is inept as the economy is worst now after 2 years than it was when he took office. The left clearly has selective memory!!! I've never made so little in my life as I make working now. The best I ever made? It was under bush-6 years of the best income I ever had. Screw the thieving dems! Throwing the dems out can't come fast enough for me.

Old 12-09-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
And especially if McCain had a debilitating medical crisis and his VP had to step in.....perish the thought .
Really obama has ZERO EXPERIENCE running anything. And how it is showing!!!!

Old 12-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is the fallout from the economic collapse three years ago under Bush. It takes time before people are laid off, use up their savings, etc.....

Seriously, anyone capable of critical thinking knows that much!

Bush inherited a recession, 9/11 hit and then the dems got control of things and was the lowest rated congress in history until now!Hence the change. when the Dems took over they did stupid things like voting a cross walk for turtles so they did not get hit by cars. etc. So re think it all!

Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
I'm a liberal and I blame George Washington. If he hasn't won, we'd all be Brits now. Or maybe Canadian. And Canada is cool.

Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on

Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on

Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on
Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart
And my heart will go on and on

Love can touch us one time
And last for a lifetime
And never let go till we're gone

Love was when I loved you
One true time I hold to
In my life we'll always go on
Near, far, wherever you are
I believe that the heart does go on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmbw8OycJrE

Once more you open the door
And you're here in my heart

You're here, there's nothing I fear
And I know that my heart will go on

We'll stay forever this way
You are safe in my heart
Really well thought out post.Please stay in Iraq.

Old 12-09-2010, 10:50 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
Huh? Well during those years I

Had a GREAT paying job
Didn't have 35 forclosures in my neighborhood
Didn't know anyone that lost a job
and don't forget....I had healthcare insurance I COULD AFFORD.

But hey this is the Change years right?
+1 for you.

I know many businesses that flourished during the Bush year including my own.

I did not know one person who lost their home, now I know many who have or are losing their homes.

My hometown now has lost 7 factories and one employer who had 5000 employees in 2007 now has 300 employees.

My HC did not cost me an arm and leg, since Obamascam my HC has gone up almost double thanks to the scamjob we got.

I do not know one person who is better off since Obama and the dems took total control.
I do know many, many people who are worse off since they took control.

I do believe Obama is purposely trying to destroy American financially.
( Sounds like someone else we all know with the initials of OBL.

I did see an great bumper sticker today.

Obama-Bin-Lie-N

Obama has been an economic disaster.

Give us back our money! 800 billion of it.

Anyone of us could have done a better job if we were handed 800 billion dollars to waste away with zero results.

Old 12-09-2010, 11:19 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Well, well, well, imagine that!

December 09, 2010, 12:02 AM EST

Dec. 9 (Bloomberg) -- More than 50 percent of Americans say they are worse off now than they were two years ago when President Barack Obama took office, and two-thirds believe the country is headed in the wrong direction, a Bloomberg National Poll shows.

The survey, conducted Dec. 4-7, finds that 51 percent of respondents think their situation has deteriorated, compared with 35 percent who say they’re doing better. The balance isn’t sure. Americans have grown more downbeat about the country’s future in just the last couple of months, the poll shows. The pessimism cuts across political parties and age groups, and is common to both sexes.

Most Americans Say They’re Worse Off Under Obama, Poll Shows - BusinessWeek

Funny, even MORE said they were worse off after two years of Reagan...

Quote:
As Reagan approached the end of his second year in office, his numbers were more negative than Obama's in this survey. In an ABC News/Washington Post poll taken in Oct. 1982, 61 percent of Americans said things were worse and 33 percent said they had improved. Reagan won re-election in a landslide in 1984.
Even more interesting...

Quote:
Americans in the poll also oppose Republican lawmakers' calls to extend tax cuts for upper-income Americans beyond the end of 2010.

Most Americans say they're worse off under Obama, poll shows

Old 12-10-2010, 12:03 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,289,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You mean like the bailouts that Obama backed for Big Banks,Business,the Auto Industry,cash for clunkers and all his other pet tax payer funded bailouts , so millionares and billionaires could recieve even greater bonuses for inept business practices.

Or trying to advance and pass Amnesty and the Dream Act to flood the workforce with more competion for the limited jobs market and further depress wages?

Or better yet suing Arizona for His Administration inability to secure the Borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies