Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 09:03 AM

3,378 posts, read 3,706,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
The only way I see President Obama getting re-elected is if the economy turns around to the point where jobs are plentiful.

I voted for Obama. But, I don't think he will be re-elected. Reason: JOBS! This resession hasn't affected me one bit. However, it has affected way too many people. One of your highest priorities as President must be to keep people working. This is the one factor that lends stability to society. Unemployment is too great a destabilizer to not give it your utmost attention and service.
I'm impressed! An admitted Obama voter who acknowledges the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 10:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,726,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Romney can't win the Republican primary. Plus he's probably just about as liberal as Obama is, so I doubt conservatives would vote for him.
If he gets the nomination they will support him. Republicans always support the candidate, maybe they do not work grass routes which hurts, but they do vote..

Nita

Old 12-12-2010, 06:44 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,236 times
The tax agreement he reached with the Republicans is far too timid to make a difference in injecting some life into the economy or really giving the economy a shot in the arm, so my answer is no.

On top of that, his EPA and HHS Director are hell-bent on trashing what's left of the economy; the healthcare bill is a megacolossal disaster, and dumping 30,000,000+ new patients smack dab into the middle of a wave of retirement by milliomns of physicians (or changing their method of operation into a 'concierge service', in which they take all cash only and no insurance whatsoever) is nothing short of idiotic.

His Treasury Secretary's deliberate destruction of the dollar which has simultaneously caused soaring gas and grocery prices, a trend which is bound to continue will certainly ravage the middle class certainly won't help him or his party, a section of the citizenry which he and his fellow Democrats 'allegedly' represent but are certainly not doing any favors for.

12+ months of dragging his feet regarding tax reform is really going to cost him; there's almost no chance that anybody will be getting their tax forms and especially their tax returns on time this year, an issue which is 100% his fault, and will definitely not be forgotten come 2012.

Old 12-17-2010, 04:52 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,961,276 times
I didn't vote for Obama but will if Romney is the other choice. Romney is just a democrate in a repub suit, maybe worse.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Obama will be the next president. I'm not sure I'd vote for him, but the GOP has NOBODY who can beat Obama.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:04 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Romney can't win the Republican primary. Plus he's probably just about as liberal as Obama is, so I doubt conservatives would vote for him.
Obama and Romney live together in perfect harmony, side by side on my piano keybard oh lord why dont we?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Obama will be the next president. I'm not sure I'd vote for him, but the GOP has NOBODY who can beat Obama.
The more I think about it the more I think the GOP doesn't want the job. They're doing real well sitting on the outside tearing down the establishment. They sure didn't want it in 2008. They knew what they did and what was coming. That's why then ran an old worn out horse in the 2008 race. They use entertainers now to keep the faithful interested and focused on the agenda.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:24 PM

3,562 posts, read 4,395,122 times
Originally Posted by chacho_keva
The only way I see President Obama getting re-elected is if the economy turns around to the point where jobs are plentiful.

I voted for Obama. But, I don't think he will be re-elected. Reason: JOBS! This resession hasn't affected me one bit. However, it has affected way too many people. One of your highest priorities as President must be to keep people working. This is the one factor that lends stability to society. Unemployment is too great a destabilizer to not give it your utmost attention and service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I'm impressed! An admitted Obama voter who acknowledges the truth.
Hey, it is what it is! I've voted Republican before and would not hesitate to do so again if they ran a formidable candidate. However, I haven't seen a good Republican Presidential candidate since President Regan. Admittedly, he was a hard act to follow. I'm proud to have voted for him.

I voted for Obama because I was sickened by george bush's ignorance, incompetence, and extreme lack of leadership. Would've probably voted for McCain had he not chosen palin as his running mate. That was poor judgement on McCain's behalf. Seems like he chose her for being female, aesthetically appealing, and for her brashness. Great qualities, but that does not make you Vice-Presidential material.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:28 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,750,872 times
Probably. The Republicans will turn the economy around and Obama will reap the benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies