Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-16-2010, 01:29 PM

4,562 posts, read 4,103,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
MoveOn is hardly an organization with good intentions.
and the republican party or those that run the TEA party have good intentions for America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2010, 01:33 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
and the republican party or those that run the TEA party have good intentions for America?
I suppose lower taxes would be considered an act of terrorism by some liberals.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:06 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Default Public Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
he was known public person who had someone rush his car. They had no idea if this person had a gun as well as a sign. Paul and his handlers had every right to restrain this woman and wait for the police.
So you think its ok for people to rush the cars of candidates, with unknown intent
Like I stated earlier, I have worked for celebrities and unless there has been prior contact (just like with any citizen) there is no just cause to physically restrain someone. That is why the man got arrested and they are trying for a conviction. He did something ILLEGAL and WRONG.

You do get it, don't you?

The only time being a "Public person" get's you any special treatment is actually one that works NOT in your favor. He actually violated her right to Free Speech. The Civil Suit will be interesting.

The United States Supreme Court held, in a unanimous 8-0 decision (Justice Anthony Kennedy took no part in the consideration or decision of the case), that the First Amendment's free-speech guarantee prohibits awarding damages to public figures to compensate for emotional distress intentionally inflicted upon them.

Hustler Magazine v. Falwell - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-16-2010, 05:12 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not very honest are you?

Your words (lies) below ...Being found guilty in your world doesn't amount to a conviction?

Look up her history, she has been found guilty on several counts of assault among other things.
Assault isnt a felony.. its a misdemeanor unless you assault a law enforcement officer..

Old 12-16-2010, 05:20 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They're going to plead him down since she wasn't really hurt.
Not hurt? I thought she suffered a concussion? Friends in high places, must be nice.

Woman attacked by Rand Paul supporters has concussion, sprained arm, MoveOn says

Okay, a quick update for you on the woman who was attacked and stepped on by Rand Paul supporters outside last night's Senate debate.
She has told MoveOn officials that she suffered a concussion and sprained shoulder and arm, a MoveOn spokesperson confirms.
The woman, Lauren Valle of MoveOn, had approached Paul and tried to give him an "employee of the month" award from a fake company called Republicorp, when Paul supporters dragged her to the ground and stepped on her head and shoulder.
Ilyse Hogue, a spokesperson for MoveOn, says she spoke with Valle this morning, and that Valle confirmed the injuries to her. She has been released from the hospital, Hogue said.

The Plum Line - Woman attacked by Rand Paul supporters has concussion, sprained arm, MoveOn says

Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
That's actually not true. I know plenty of folks (or at least, I've heard of plenty of folks...I don't hang around with violent types) that have been involved in fights and BOTH are arrested and charged. If someone hits you, you walk away, you don't have the right to assault them in return unless they are continuously coming at you and the only way to get away or get them to stop is to return the punches (even then, I think you are still charged and you have to plea your case on self-defense). Just b/c someone hits you does not give you the right to wail on them.
Actually the reason they are both arrested is because there is no evidence that was seen by the arresting officer to determine who threw the first punch. I would obviously be prepared and have video evidence to back me up. I would not plan on wailing on anyone. I would absolutely defend myself from someone grabbing and assaulting me and who knows what they want to do to me, especially being outnumbered. I would not go overboard unless it was necessary but I would not be a victim either.

The camera may either deter people from attacking me while I peacefully protest, or the camera may wind up witnessing the attack. Anytime you are in the minority during a very passionate situation- such as an election rally, it can get out of hand. Better to be safe than sorry, but I would never let something like that prevent me from protesting against someone or something I do not believe in.

People should respect others point of views without feeling the need to physically injure them. Something is wrong with a person who feels the need to abuse a woman just because she does not agree with him perspective.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:29 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,924,929 times
Quote:
And what's to stop the jury members from finding out about her past? Unless these people live in a cave, they probably are already familiar with the case. I'm sorry but jury instructions that include wearing blinders to verifiable facts is a miscarriage of justice.
I suspect that there is a very good reason for jury instructions that has been tried and tested many times in court. It is probably to do with the jury coming to a verdict based on facts that are relevant to the case and which is not based on their personal likes, dislikes or opinions of the individuals concerned.

I am also confient that the poster Strel knows a lot more about the subject than you or I.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post
Not hurt? I thought she suffered a concussion? Friends in high places, must be nice.
concussion: an injury to the brain, often resulting from a blow to the head, that can cause temporary disorientation, memory loss, or unconsciousness

What was her injuries exactly? Temporary disorientation? Nope.. memory loss? nope.. she was on tv telling people what happened.. And the video shows she wasnt unconscious.. Spare me the melodrama

Old 12-16-2010, 05:39 PM

1,377 posts, read 1,054,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
concussion: an injury to the brain, often resulting from a blow to the head, that can cause temporary disorientation, memory loss, or unconsciousness

What was her injuries exactly? Temporary disorientation? Nope.. memory loss? nope.. she was on tv telling people what happened.. And the video shows she wasnt unconscious.. Spare me the melodrama

Her memory was refreshed by the video perhaps. Many football players suffer from concussions yet they do not pass out. The video clearly shows how she sustained her injuries, getting her head stomped on to a curb.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:41 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,853,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthBTold2U View Post

Woman attacked by Rand Paul supporters has concussion, sprained arm, MoveOn says

Okay, a quick update for you on the woman who was attacked and stepped on by Rand Paul supporters outside last night's Senate debate.
She has told MoveOn officials that she suffered a concussion and sprained shoulder and arm, a MoveOn spokesperson confirms.
The woman, Lauren Valle of MoveOn, had approached Paul and tried to give him an "employee of the month" award from a fake company called Republicorp, when Paul supporters dragged her to the ground and stepped on her head and shoulder.
Ilyse Hogue, a spokesperson for MoveOn, says she spoke with Valle this morning, and that Valle confirmed the injuries to her. She has been released from the hospital, Hogue said.

The Plum Line - Woman attacked by Rand Paul supporters has concussion, sprained arm, MoveOn says
Only left wing lunatics and die hard Obama supporters (if there are any left) pay attention to Moveon.org.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies