Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 10:31 AM

37,955 posts, read 22,125,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There are many factors involved, but above all...a lack of patriotism and greed. There are millions of websites enticing American companies to send the work to them and here is what they promote...

1. Reducing Costs - This is the number one reason why companies outsource. In most situations you can find cheaper labor through outsourcing and if the quality level is the same there is no reason why you should not outsource.

2. Improved Business Focus - By directing a part of the work towards outsourcing you gain flexibility and you are able to focus on your company's core competencies. This increases work flow and allows you to finish projects faster.

3. Unfulfilled Needs - Sometimes you might have to outsource because what you are looking for can not be found locally. For instance, you might want a good project manager and the local market does not have one to hire. Outsourcing can provide you access to a need that is not available at a local level.

4. Risk Management - As a company grows risks appear. Most business owners fail to foresee this and are not prepared with a good risk management strategy to apply. In this case the only real solution would be to hire an expert company to do this and there are many that can be contacted through outsourcing.

5. Better Employees - By being able to contact people from other regions/countries you might be able to contact really good professionals. You can hire them through outsourcing and you would get better employees. Keep in mind that this is tricky and price must be considered as well in order to not make a bad investment.
Why Do Companies Outsource? The Top 5 Reasons Why Companies Outsource (http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Do-Companies-Outsource?-The-Top-5-Reasons-Why-Companies-Outsource&id=2634530 - broken link)

Get all that? They are telling people that American workers suck to sum it up. They are telling American business owners that they should not invest in their own country is the bottom line.

Check out the link. Here is the real war going on that is destroying this country. The American consumer is disposable because China's and India's consumers have the buying power now.
There has been a segment of our society that despises industry, manufacturing and wealth creators, and they have worked their way into our government. If we lowered corporate and business tax rates, improved our regulations for manufacturing, and actually made it attractive to locate businesses in the US, the left would go ballistic.

So instead, we have a large segment of this country that is hostile to private business, and we wonder why businesses are leaving. There is more to it then that, but having a climate hostile to corporations and manufacturing will not help attract business owners to stay here, much less relocate here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
That is interesting....it is always good to see the mask slip off exposing corporations for what they are.
So if you are home shopping and you have two condos right next to one another, exactly the same.. You choose the more expensive on? I bet you dont. Why do you have different standards for corporations than you?

Old 12-10-2010, 10:35 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,283,892 times
WTO , NAFTA, and greedy self serving corporate CEO's.
The jobs are still leaving, 1.7 million since 2007.
The rich will get richer, and the working class will be destroyed.
They will be welcomed into the military in order to fight the ever growing number of wars we will be evolved in going forward.
To fight for control of the worlds resources, in order to keep the plutocracy growing in power and size.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:36 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,762,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Factories are empty because companies close down and go out of business or they are legislatively forced to move.

While long distance calls in the past were more expensive, they were no where near as expensive as the cost of labor. Technology helped to close the doors and shrink companies, but technology advances in the factories would have helped corporations stay in america because with technology advancements comes less employees.
Or companies pack up and move abroad. Run a correlation of the number of factories GM closed in the late 70s versus the number of GM factories that were opened in Mexico and Canada. The point was that outsourcing- God I really hate that word- is nothing new. Every few years people get all bent out of shape about it and act as if it just appeared last year and its so and so's fault. Puhleeeezzeeee! I don't like it, but to act as if its a new dynamic orchestrated by <insert politician's name) is ignorant.

As for your second statement, yea whatever. Technology shrinks distances.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:38 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,198,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If we ever really accept the idea of a sustainable economy, we'll have to get used to the idea of much more expensive stuff. For instance, you can buy appliance made in Germany. They cost more, but they are made by 1st world workers. America used to do the same thing. Same with cameras, TVs, etc.
Perhaps if companies would increase wages since the 50's, the American worker would have more money to spend on the more expensive made in America goods. If I recall, it worked for Henry Ford.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
good post.

as to the illegals, there is a right-wing contigent that supports illegal immigrant labor. Here in NC, we have strawberry growers and hog farmers (Smithfield) who are conservative Republican supporters, who encourage illegal immigrant labor. So it is a complicated issue that does not always go down party lines.

but i guess that's for another thread...
True enough. The Right does not have clean hands when it comes to illegals. But its usually not the Right bemoaning outsourcing while insourcing illegals to work in home improvement, an industry that could provide a lot of decent labor for Americans.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times
Silly me, I thought people wanted to discuss facts. I didnt understand that anything other than "Greed" wouldn't be acceptable here.. I return you liberals to your reguarly scheduled program of hate and rederick..

greed greed greed... its all greed I tell ya

Yes, now I fit in, even if I sound uneducated..

Old 12-10-2010, 10:41 AM

Quote:
The fact many here ignore is that jobs didnt leave america.. Jobs left EVERYWHERE.. People here think we are isolated and live in some bubble, with the rest of the world is enjoying prosperity..
Very true.

The last true Pink Floyd album featured the lyrics, "if the Nips weren't so good at building ships, the yards would still be opened on the Clyde..." And that was 1983.

Even Germany, the country most are swooning over, and rightfully so in most cases, has seen manufacturing move to low cost Eastern Europe and elsewhere.

Old 12-10-2010, 10:41 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,581,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
good post.

as to the illegals, there is a right-wing contigent that supports illegal immigrant labor. Here in NC, we have strawberry growers and hog farmers (Smithfield) who are conservative Republican supporters, who encourage illegal immigrant labor. So it is a complicated issue that does not always go down party lines.

but i guess that's for another thread...

Then that explains, why conservatives are pushing for no amnesty and to enforce the laws on the books, now!
While the Progressives push for Amnesty and open borders.

I think you are really confused, or have been seriously brainwashed!

Old 12-10-2010, 10:42 AM

3,282 posts, read 5,198,829 times
Quote:
Silly me, I thought people wanted to discuss facts. I didnt understand that anything other than "Greed" wouldn't be acceptable here.. I return you liberals to your reguarly scheduled program of hate and rederick..

greed greed greed... its all greed I tell ya

Yes, now I fit in, even if I sound uneducated..

What else would it be? Even if you take the orthodox conservative argument that jobs are leaving because taxes are too high, that's still technically greed, ie: wanting to keep a larger share of the pie. Though it's greed some would argue is justified.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies