Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2012, 10:41 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Check out California. Wow prices are crazy. Unfortunately Obama is suppressing supply which is a factor in fuel prices.

Do you really think if we open that pipeline, that refiners would pass those savings onto the consumer?

Old 03-11-2012, 10:48 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Hey, i paid 3 bucks for this bag of potatoes, so why do i have to pay 200k for this house? Huh? Geezus...they're dooming me to homelessness! It aint right.

Deflection? SMH....you folks, i swear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You didnt respond to anything in his post.
Quote:
Yea, and for good reason.
I'm with ya, DD. Don't waste your time. They're not worth it. The premise of this thread is stupid.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:49 PM

8,276 posts, read 12,858,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
$5 birth control for women? What kind of birth control for women costs $5? When my wife was taking some birth control it was costing more than that and this was with insurance. And where is $5 gasoline?

Right... I would ask what liberals are complaining?

I'm liberal, we pay from $25-45/ month which is much cheaper than a child.... I'm not complaining! I also pay 3.68 for gas (today) and wish I had a Tesla! But I know it is much worse in Europe. When I'm not paying $10/ gal I consider myself lucky.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:51 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,929,893 times
They don't? Did you miss the whole Occupy Wall St. movement? Every time you fill up at the gas station you pay a significant tax for speculative practices that were deregulated in 1999/2000.

Gas Prices Spiked By Speculators, Congressmen Claim - Yahoo! News

Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Right... I would ask what liberals are complaining?

I'm liberal, we pay from $25-45/ month which is much cheaper than a child.... I'm not complaining! I also pay 3.68 for gas (today) and wish I had a Tesla! But I know it is much worse in Europe. When I'm not paying $10/ gal I consider myself lucky.
AAFES (we gouge the military because we can) gas stations are always higher than the national average.
We pay about $0.35 per gallon more than the states, even though they don't pay taxes to anyone.

Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
gas prices are something that will not be brought lower by appealing to ACLU.
being able to control when u have kids and not having to pay huge fees for it is something gained in the womens movement. things gained in civil rights movement are considered hard moral "rights". not perks or freebees. giving them up or having to pay for them will result in tremendous resistance. this is also very true of all employment, EEOC laws and quotas. the concept of having to compete economically, openly and without special support to get your needs met, is not comforting for many. many americans do not want or like a level playing field. they do not think the playing field should have ever been level. this will not go away without a big fight.

Old 03-12-2012, 12:13 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,508,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
Been saying that for years, it is against our national interests to consume what domestic oil we have now. Some day, in the Mad Max days of the future, we will be begging for foreign oil.
I thought we were doing that now.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:33 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Geez....what are you rambling about this time?

You're really gonna attempt to conflate birth control with a tank of gas?

Uhhhhhhggggggg

I thought he was gonna attempt to conflate birth control with a *gallon* of gas.

But think about it: $5 gas --> can't afford to fill tank -->>no drives to secluded lovers lane --> no need for $5 birth control --> now you have gas money.

Old 03-12-2012, 02:41 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,056,348 times
Liberals are a bunch of hypocrites.

Old 03-12-2012, 03:03 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,196,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BirchBarlow View Post
If $5 for birth control pills is such a terrible burden for sexually active women to bear, then surely $5/gallon gasoline is an even worse burden for all working Americans. Yet we never hear liberals screaming about $5 gasoline, only $5 birth control pills. In fact, unlike with birth control, when it comes to gasoline prices, liberals demand that we change our lifestyle to accommodate higher gas prices, yet if we ask women to change their lifestyle to accommodate the cost of birth control, liberals scream that we're a bunch of sexists. If women don't have to pay $5 for birth control, why should I have to pay $5 for gasoline? They need birth control to fornicate? Well I need gasoline for my car.

Liberals demand that I buy an Obama motors electric car, move closer to my workplace, use mass transit, etc. to cope with gas prices yet they have no problem with government funded birth control so women can fornicate freely. Why shouldn't the government pay for the gas that goes into my car. Or if not the government, why shouldn't my auto insurance be required to pay for my gasoline? You say because auto insurance is for injuries and property damage not gasoline. Well health insurance is for injuries and illnesses not for recreational purposes. So if taxpayers have to pay for women's contraception, it's only fair that they also pay for gasoline in my car.

I am still trying to find out where in the Constitution it says anything about the federal goverment being allowed to provide UHC much less birth control. UHC coming from a goverment that might not be a goverment in the future. all this is, is white wash, just like a pig with lipstick. you can dress it up all you want, but in the end it is still a pig.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies