Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2010, 05:01 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,823,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post
This really encapsolates this fiscal fraudelance of the modern day GOP. They cater to unsophsticated people who can't intellectually comprehend more syllables than "tax cuts." They refuse to say how we will make meaningful cuts in spending to coincide; that's because over 70% of our spending revolves around Republican money-makers: military spending and social security.

The Republican "solution" is to feed people who don't know any better irrelevant cliche's about food stamps and entitlements and ear marks, all of which make up virtually nothing relative to the large scale.
really they just passed a 1 trillion dollar health care bill how does that fit into your little clichéd retort ? Bottom line everything EVERYTHING needs to be on the table, guess that kinda blew your theory didnt it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvande55 View Post
OK, wise guys, give us some specifics of where you want to cut. Then try to get Congress to vote for it. Even the smallest items with little benefit to the public are hard to cut. The larger ones are almost impossible. Most voters would support a 10% cut in Congressional pay but Congress certainly won't go for that and it is a minuscule part of the budget anywawy.
Here ya go........Take a Little (or a Lot) Off the Top: Plans to Cut Budget Envision Big Changes - FoxNews.com

Old 12-10-2010, 05:03 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Great quote.

Judging by your posts you should concentrate on the "think things out for himself" part ...Your rhetoric is straight off the Tea Party website.

I have never read a "Tea Party website" or any other material from the Tea Party. Maybe you can tell me about it.

I form my own opinions. I align more with the Libertarian Party than any other.

And there is nothing wrong with reading and evaluating what others have to say. That's called research.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Great quote.

Judging by your posts you should concentrate on the "think things out for himself" part ...Your rhetoric is straight off the Tea Party website.
this coming from a guy touting paul krugman.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
OK, wise guys, give us some specifics of where you want to cut. Then try to get Congress to vote for it. Even the smallest items with little benefit to the public are hard to cut. The larger ones are almost impossible. Most voters would support a 10% cut in Congressional pay but Congress certainly won't go for that and it is a minuscule part of the budget anywawy.
OK, here are some places to start.

FEMA: cut 90%

DEA: cut 95%

ATF: cut 80%

Military: cut 50%

Farm subsidies: cut 100%

UN: Cut 100%

Prisons: cut 50% after freeing all convicted of drug offenses

Law enforcement: Cut 50% after legalizing all drugs, prostitution and gambling.

Raise the retirement age to 70 for all new social security participants.

Eliminate all bail outs.

Eliminate all corporate subsidies.

That would be a good start, but there is a lot more that could be done.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I'm going to defend roadking.

He is a conservative, but he isn't stupid conservative. The man doesn't like taxes, cool, but he supports spending cuts in a lot of areas that could, should, and are responsible to cut.

Now, I'm going to go and "enhance" my calm with some cannabutter brownies.

Hmmmm..... enjoy. Had some last weekend. except I prefer rice crispies.

Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,368,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post
I didn't "blame it all on the other side."

What was your thought process when you made this post? If you don't have anything to add, why bother? Did you think this was clever or something?
Waahhhh......

Quote:
The Republican "solution" is to feed people who don't know any better irrelevant cliche's about food stamps and entitlements and ear marks, all of which make up virtually nothing relative to the large scale.
That's why........

Old 12-10-2010, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
OK, here are some places to start.

FEMA: cut 90%

DEA: cut 95%

ATF: cut 80%

Military: cut 50%

Farm subsidies: cut 100%

UN: Cut 100%

Prisons: cut 50% after freeing all convicted of drug offenses

Law enforcement: Cut 50% after legalizing all drugs, prostitution and gambling.

Raise the retirement age to 70 for all new social security participants.

Eliminate all bail outs.

Eliminate all corporate subsidies.

That would be a good start, but there is a lot more that could be done.
Ill support you on about 90% of that, how bout the department of education ?

Old 12-10-2010, 06:14 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Quote:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ment-90-a.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...icine-usa.html

Old 12-10-2010, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Ill support you on about 90% of that, how bout the department of education ?

Yes, add that to the federal cut list. Education should have never been a federally funded service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies