Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 11:22 AM

2,541 posts, read 2,738,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Being former active military and having served in the Gulf War I think gives me the right to speak out.

We should have never went to Iraq for starters, and the only thing we should have done in Afghanistan is drop some bombs on suspect camps there.

Everything else being done is to expand our influence in the world, like how we have a permanent base in Iraq and a soon to be permanent one in Afghanistan.

This is all for big business, the military industrial complex and their new order of control over everyone.

We need to close down all the bases throughout the world and let the national guard watch our borders. If big business wants to expand their influence, let their sons and daughters do it and pay for it.

All Americans have the right to speak out, and protest the actions of their gov. That being said, I completely agree with all of your points - well said.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
You're blaming Obama for a war started by Bush?
Do I have that right?
I am against all wars at all time, but please, give credit where credit is due... on the shoulders of George Bush.
Hmm... 2 years have passed and we are still actively involved in BOTH wars, Guantanamo is still OPEN, Patriot Act powers have been EXPANDED,
nothing has been accomplished to reverse the outsourcing of American jobs which has resulted in massive and ongoing UNEMPLOYMENT, trillions have been added to the debt in order to bailout banks and give BONUSES to their execs. Obama's a do-nothing prez.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:31 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
service and MOS, please.
What business is that of yours?
I'm a vet, too, and I don't answer to you.

I'm anti-war at all times.

Old 02-04-2011, 11:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freefall View Post
Hmm... 2 years have passed and we are still actively involved in BOTH wars, Guantanamo is still OPEN, Patriot Act powers have been EXPANDED,
nothing has been accomplished to reverse the outsourcing of American jobs which has resulted in massive and ongoing UNEMPLOYMENT, trillions have been added to the debt in order to bailout banks and give BONUSES to their execs. Obama's a do-nothing prez.
Who put us into those wars?
We've drawn down numerous active duty (not contractors) in Iraq.
I agree with many of your other points, but we're in both Afghanistan and Iraq because of Bush.

Do you know what it takes to draw down?
There's an amazing amount of logistics involved and it won't happen overnight.

I'd say stop and leave.
Nevertheless, Obama didn't start these wars. Bush did.

Old 02-04-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Who put us into those wars?
We've drawn down numerous active duty (not contractors) in Iraq.
I agree with many of your other points, but we're in both Afghanistan and Iraq because of Bush.

Do you know what it takes to draw down?
There's an amazing amount of logistics involved and it won't happen overnight.

I'd say stop and leave.
Nevertheless, Obama didn't start these wars. Bush did.
Who said anything about 'overnight'? I'm talking 2 years. I know that Bush/Cheney put us there, but I'm more concerned that the man who promised 'change we can believe in' has done basicly nothing to rectify the horrendous agenda that Bush/Cheney implemented.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:02 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,319,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbdowndemocrats View Post
The Taliban outlawed music,poetry,kite flying,photographs forced harsh Islamic law on all,treat women like second hand citizens.They rape women and then accuse them of adultery punishable by death either by stoning or beheading they molest young boys grow opium that is poisoning there fellow man and promote terrorism.They harbored the killers who planned 9/11 killing their fellow Muslims in the Twin Towers and the Pentagon and refuse to give them up.When they aren't fighting infidels they fight each other all in the name of Allah.My son served in Iraq in 2005-06 and delievered water once a month to a family near the ancient city of Ur in what was Mesopotamia. The Iraqi father was so grateful saying God bless the U.S. Air Force for helping him and his family SADDAM and the IRAQI government did nothing to help them... except those Godless infidels from America....GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS.
wow that was him saying something nice plus why was not going to look for a water source or dig a well

Old 02-04-2011, 01:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew sullivan View Post
What "sacrifice" has a military member made? Just because they can't hack the real world does not designate low wage government murder-for-hire as "sacrifice."
The individuals who have died serving their country should receive high accolades. I can think of few finer causes.

We should not sacrifice our beautiful sons and daughters over causes that do not concern us as a country. Our military should not be in the Middle East, no country attacked us. All our military personnel should be home protecting our borders like our Constitution says. They all deserve better treatment than what they have been receiving from Congress.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:55 AM

5,756 posts, read 3,998,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
wow that was him saying something nice plus why was not going to look for a water source or dig a well
They gave him clean water [bottle] and bathing washing [tanker] this poor guy was 20 years my junior but looked 20 years older.I believe at one time where they lived was lush green marshes till Saddam cut off the water and it all dried up.I have some photo's but people are in them and i would be afraid of retaliation...i have a image of a desert jackel which is cool they captured it in their safety perimeter i'am trying to upload it....I thank and pray for this man and his family everyday for his prayers in keeping my son and his friends safe.

Old 02-14-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
The individuals who have died serving their country should receive high accolades. I can think of few finer causes.

We should not sacrifice our beautiful sons and daughters over causes that do not concern us as a country. Our military should not be in the Middle East, no country attacked us. All our military personnel should be home protecting our borders like our Constitution says. They all deserve better treatment than what they have been receiving from Congress.
A 'finer' cause would be to die serving your country for a worthwhile cause, and not a Bush/Cheney ego power trip, or to serve the cause of corporate interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies